New Skill Development - Vigilant Strike

"
Rory wrote:
"
obz wrote:
Question To Rory: Does it need to be linked with you attack skill? or setup just like Vengeance, Riposte and Reckoning gem?

We'll have a support gem that can grant Fortify (Which hasn't been fully announced yet), and this probably won't work with triggered attacks. We'll be testing it to see how it feels!

thanks for the reply, looking forward to it :)
PHP Guild - Philippines
My buddy is going to really like this new skill.
inb4 ranged crying why GGG hate them and didnt give them new shit.

inb4 melee crying because they will have to push 1 more button or waste a socket for fortify gem to achieve their intended survivability. That carebear ranged don't have to do either.

inb4 spectral throw crying how fortify didnt work for them since GGG said it requires a melee weapon, not a melee attack.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Mar 31, 2015, 12:13:32 AM
Nice caster buff :)
Shall work wonders with daggers and Catalysts out there

Basically all players will have acxess to the Fortify buff.. not only melee

Also quite popular weapon swap brightbeak leapslam plus support gem

I cant see the 'melee only' part of this Fortify stuff..

The only change that will benefit melee (range. As in risk) is making leech and lgoh melee-range only.. otherwise casters/archers will find a way. In most cases without looking too far
Fuck yes real news. I like this skill and passive idea too this was much needed. Hope you make use of armor in some more meaningful way too (find a way for it to negate SOME elemental damage).
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
Telzen wrote:
"
Dark_Chicken wrote:
Is this a red/strength based gem? I am not great with colors, so just want to make sure.
Yeah it is.

Thanks!

Cool idea, best development update/teaser so far.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Goatpunch is funny. I guess that's dominus's glove? Sure hope they come in left so the templar can wear one.

Oh, and vigilant strike - it's tagged with duration but has no duration listed. Does this mean the buff duration of Fortify is the same across the board, but possible to increase with skill duration passives and on a per-skill basis? If so, this makes duration passives even better!

They might still be tweaking the details of each tag. I expect it'll be a "we'll do some testing to see how it feels with increased buff times."

But based on the magnitude of those duration boosting effects it doesn't feel likely. Getting the Exceptional Performance and Potency of Will nodes means a boost of 90%, so it goes up to 15.2 seconds. That's plenty of time to get in, hit, and get out to keep the buff active. Simply having a level 20 Increased Duration support would make it 13.12 seconds. Get all of them and it's 20.32 seconds. For something that's supposed to solve a melee problem that's definitely a long time.
I wonder if it would make sense to tack the Fortify buff onto Shield Charge... it seems thematic.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
"
"
Wooser69 wrote:
Goatpunch is funny. I guess that's dominus's glove? Sure hope they come in left so the templar can wear one.

Oh, and vigilant strike - it's tagged with duration but has no duration listed. Does this mean the buff duration of Fortify is the same across the board, but possible to increase with skill duration passives and on a per-skill basis? If so, this makes duration passives even better!

They might still be tweaking the details of each tag. I expect it'll be a "we'll do some testing to see how it feels with increased buff times."

But based on the magnitude of those duration boosting effects it doesn't feel likely. Getting the Exceptional Performance and Potency of Will nodes means a boost of 90%, so it goes up to 15.2 seconds. That's plenty of time to get in, hit, and get out to keep the buff active. Simply having a level 20 Increased Duration support would make it 13.12 seconds. Get all of them and it's 20.32 seconds. For something that's supposed to solve a melee problem that's definitely a long time.

Only way to make this a melee only power/skill is the buff instantly cancels itself if a spell is cast or when any ranged weapon attack is used. Basically the buff will have to instantly expire if a none "melee" tagged skill is used... yes this includes some movement skills, but then it's l2p issue or learn how to reapply buff
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Mar 31, 2015, 12:25:42 AM
Could be a nice addition for the opening attack with stun + endurance charge on melee stun :0
And since the buff would be affected by inner force, that 25% would be around 30%.... ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info