New Skill Development - Vigilant Strike

"
Skivverus wrote:
I wonder if it would make sense to tack the Fortify buff onto Shield Charge... it seems thematic.

Shield charge is a melee attack... the fortify gem will work when linked to shield charge.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Rory wrote:
With this realization, we had found a question that would shape the rest of the design discussion: Why would you sometimes chose to use this over the support gem? We discussed options, but in the end the simplest solution was the most popular: Damage. We made the skill the highest single hit damage of any weapon skill, at the cost of having a short cooldown. We made adjustments after testing the skill, like having Endurance Charges override the cooldown, making the skill unable to be evaded to make the buff more reliable, and having it require a melee weapon, as the damage was astronomical with unarmed builds. Don't worry, unarmed builds have got other toys coming!

No one has noticed, but the exclamation sign in the last sentence link to this easter egg:

Last edited by Samkiud on Mar 31, 2015, 2:01:09 AM
Time to roll a CI melee char and run 9 endurance charges and Vigilant Strike + Melee Phys + Melee Damage on Full Life + Stun + Endurance Charge on Stun in a 2H Mace to destroy bosses...
### r4wb1rd ###
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/r4wb1rd
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/r4wb1rdGaming/
Babel PoE: https://github.com/rowolff/babel-poe/releases
I don't like it because of it's cooldown

if it worked like frenzy then I would use it

not saying it's bad, just not to my tastes

shame as it is more powerful than heavy strike and can't miss without removing the possibility of critical strikes, it could have been the skill that would make me try getting crits.
Romira's + Voll's Devotion = No cooldown, ever...?

Edit: I guess you'd need a way to use them Power Charges if you're low crit.
You could carry Cold Snap as your support.
You could also have Enduring Cry as backup?

.. The possibilities..
IGN: Ikbosh
Last edited by Ikbosh on Mar 31, 2015, 12:54:25 AM
That yellow star effect looks as garish as the old auras did...
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
165% base damage + cooldown bypassed on endurance charge + endurance charge on melee stun = byoutiful.

Can't be evaded? Oh, no. RT builds will rekt more.
Crit dagger CI or Low life builds will dominate more.
I don't want this happens.
Last edited by prosep on Mar 31, 2015, 1:20:35 AM
I've long been in favor of melee getting survivability bonus and seems like this is what you've aimed for with Fortify. Sounds legit.
"
Ikbosh wrote:
Romira's + Voll's Devotion = No cooldown, ever...?

Edit: I guess you'd need a way to use them Power Charges if you're low crit.
You could carry Cold Snap as your support.
You could also have Enduring Cry as backup?

.. The possibilities..

Why get endurance charges when you can have someone conduit them to you. Tank + support meta.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info