New Skill Development - Vigilant Strike

Heavy Strike seems not so heavy now.
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
New unarmed skill gem:

Probably new umarmed items coming too.
Last edited by Warester on Apr 1, 2015, 4:37:27 AM
VS - Multistrike - Endurance Charge on Stun - Meele Splash - Meele Physical Damage - Added Fire
gogogo!
I don't get it. What is the point of a drawback, if it can be overridden? Remove 100% of the 165% base damage, or the chance to override it. It feels completely unbalanced, when it is the strongest of two worlds; offence and defence.

I thought the point of PoE was stimulating versatility, not narrowing ideology. It seems like GGG has left their once great balancing path.

I am all for love for melee. Sorry, if I sound negative in my first post, it might be due to the pressure of the league.
"
VS - Multistrike - Endurance Charge on Stun - Meele Splash - Meele Physical Damage - Added Fire
gogogo!

Why to ruin such a attack with Endurance charge on stun, when you can have 3x counter attacks to proc with with it, have it on leap slam and Enduring Cry on CWDT.
It's gonna be better if you add more dmg :)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
"
gogogo!

Why to ruin such a attack with Endurance charge on stun, when you can have 3x counter attacks to proc with with it, have it on leap slam and Enduring Cry on CWDT.
It's gonna be better if you add more dmg :)

^ Totally agreed! Enduring Cry with Echo for 5+ charge builds or End Charge on Melee Stun on Vengeance/Leap Slam for 3-4 charge ones.
Its a good addition. I like.
Pros...
1. Meleee characters can now be more tanky in terms of dps and defense.
2. Its a nice new dps skill that can be used in many ways.
3. There will be alot of interesting mechanics and skill combos that come of this.
4. Facetanking will be more rewarding and less sketchy.
5. Play style will be fun. planning attack situations and mastering new play styles.
Cons...
It isn't going to help the instarip situations. such as:
1. 10 frogs jumping you from off screen and hitting you before you can react
2. 3 packs of 6 Devourers popping up and hitting you before you can react
3. Popping a chest and getting surrounded and immobilzied by 20 enemies
4. Storm herald monster slamming you well off screen with lightning that has no indication from where it is coming from.
Lab is 0 fun. Free the ascension points from lab
Best addition in this type of attach is the non-knockback mechanics compared to heavy strike, so it is true single-target dps attack that will scale insanely well for both pvp and pve. I wonder what the quality bonus will be, I kinda hope for either attack speed or critical strikes.

I might finally go 2H build with this with 8+ endurance charges. There is finally a reason to go for it :D
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Maybe we should wait to see how it works before we all start crying on our keyboards. I'm not a bandwagon "everything is great in the game!" player, but seriously quit complaining so much. There are a lot of end-game viable melee builds though realistically the gear requirements can be daunting for new players. That being said, if you don't like melee or you don't like armor or you don't like evade just make a different build. Countless skill combinations make OP scenarios crop up for every class so I'm sure there will be great vigilant strike builds but I'm also sure the skill will get balanced/rebalanced after release like most skills do.

Stay calm and don't worry because we'll all lose some future characters so there's no need to get upset just yet.
Thanks GGG. Anything that adds more "situational" skill use is a big plus in my book.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info