Pillars of Eternity (PoE)

Sure, and I don't think there's any reasons to compare to two.

Anways, the more I play, the better the game is.

It's so refreshing to have the quests and situations where there is really no proper answer. It all depends on your morals and how you perceive the world. Do you believe two lovers killed her husband or do you believe the husband was an abuser that would sooner or later kill his wife, so her lover put an end to him. Do you even want to react to that or just let them go their way, or do you want to bring them to justice? All depends on your choices. And the game won't tell you, good job, you took the right choice.

The companions backstories are detailed, interesting and compeling. And the classes...take a look at some of the Chanter skill (verses):

I really urge everyone to buy this game. This kind of game design and quality needs to be appreciated and supported. Don't be one of many who is facilitating the future of crappy shooter sequels and 'open world' junk rpgs like Skyrim and DA:I.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Mar 27, 2015, 8:05:34 PM
I so wish I could fully customise the NPC's stats and skills though.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:
"
Clearly GGG should have stuck with the game's original title, One With Nothing.

Or Obsidian should have came with another title for their game.

Now you're just being funny. GGG are new kids on the block. The Obsidian guys have been around for decades (under various names). No one owns any acronyms anyway.

I know who Obsidian are. But their time and history in the gaming industry doesn't say anything regarding this, imo.

"
Odoakar wrote:
Sure, and I don't think there's any reasons to compare to two.

Anways, the more I play, the better the game is.

It's so refreshing to have the quests and situations where there is really no proper answer. It all depends on your morals and how you perceive the world. Do you believe two lovers killed her husband or do you believe the husband was an abuser that would sooner or later kill his wife, so her lover put an end to him. Do you even want to react to that or just let them go their way, or do you want to bring them to justice? All depends on your choices. And the game won't tell you, good job, you took the right choice.

The companions backstories are detailed, interesting and compeling. And the classes...take a look at some of the Chanter skill (verses):

Fascinating.
I just sold my computer. (Phone posting mode engaged.)

Well, looks like I'm buying a new computer.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
bhavv wrote:
I so wish I could fully customise the NPC's stats and skills though.

Well, I figured out how, if only I had known this from the start. The default party member dialogues are boring anyway, and they are poorly built.

YAY CUSTOM MIN MAXED GROUP!

Spoiler

The default party members were getting crushed on hard difficulty, so now I have a dedicated tank, max deeps barbarian, archer rogue and caster for now, then I can add more but they cost a lot of gold.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Last edited by bhavv on Mar 28, 2015, 2:06:21 AM
"
I skipped this entire era of PC gaming, so it doesn't really appeal to me. I'm fairly sure the time spent playing it I could be:

a) reading a better written book
b) playing a more exciting (to me) game
c) watching more engaging tv

That's not to say it's not the greatest CRPG ever made. It probably is. It's just not my style. The party micromanagement isn't any fun to me, and can get tedious. The dialogue may be amazing, but I'm pretty sure there are books out there I'd rather be reading, if reading it's to be.

The main reason I like CRPGs isnt for the story, its because I can control a full group and make my own builds. One reason why Baldurs Gate was so great for me was the sheer number of classes and multi / dual class combinations to play around with.

- PoE TOS.
Eh, I always felt by creating your own party you are missing on so much dialogue, trigger events and just exploring the backgrounds of your companions. So far I'm really liking the available NPCs.

But sure, on hard mode it might be better to just go for the pre-made. In BG2 I hated the dual class system, felt like gimping your character at around lvl 12 and then being useless until you hit 11 with your second class, and then just destroying everything. Icewind Dale 2 had dual and multi classing perfect.

„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Mar 28, 2015, 3:51:36 AM
I found the NPCs to be boring, they're nothing close to Jaheira / Minsc quality, they just have some optional dialogues here or there and are pretty gimped (Why does Durance have a useless +10 resist feat instead of a priest feat?). I would like it if they made them fully customizable instead of preselecting their builds.

- PoE TOS.
The thing i loved most in Baldru's Gate, was the fact that i met Drizzt. Oh boy, he was like my favourite character and had read like 20 books of his adventures :D. Other than that story telling is my favourite aspect in games. So far i think only Planescape and The Witcher have such good writting to be on par with books.

As a sidenote, this game is AWASOME. I only played for an hour or so, but i can tell.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
The sudoku min-max challenge:

1. Choose six numbers which add to 78, such that no two numbers are equal (ex: 8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18).
2. Theorycraft a custom six-person party such that:
a. Each party member uses all six different numbers
b. Each attribute (ex: Might) uses all six different numbers (so average party attributes would be 13 with all six members)
3. Start game on hardest difficulty
4. Beat game while forsaking non-custom party members to maximum extent allowed; you can acquire your sudoku party in any order you choose
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 28, 2015, 12:46:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info