Bugs that needs to be fixed in PvP

You only get offended by acknowledging it yourself. I never specified anyone, yet you seem to see yourself as one. Ironic.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
poeacc79 wrote:
well you are so off point with bows it makes me laugh. maybe you did not play in the last month or so. you have no time to do events but have time to come write silly things on forums. with so much lld experience all you could come up to is perandus is worst than rearguard :D

i also see you have a lot of worshipers, you guys think he cannot talk for himself? making the argumet that he has op gear makes him look even more bad.

want tips? pm guys like kuan, monstacookie, spunq and maybe lapiz (these three come up quick in my mind but there are a lot more that absolutly destroy any bow build) and ask them nicely.

i just want to make my point again and then i will not go on responding as it's pointless: nerfing traps without other mesures would make lld even worst and unbalanced than it is now.

for more tips pm me directy i would not spam this forum anymore

Funny how you think bowers are weak now since you aren't doing good yourself, when hege and christopher and roshak are doing extremely well.

Currently the meta is caster > bow > melee, and traps are a key factor to why the first two are on top. Stop kidding yourself that bow is "just fine" when it takes melee extraordinary effort just to match bow, and we're not even talking about the top casters.
my melee on hc does fairly well vs runsucker

But It's gear was made with bows in mind. A lot of evasion,acro,ondards,block. I use traps and an off hand bow too so I dont have to chase him all the time.

Even so I need to be on top of my game to win vs him. And the downside is that the common on sc vagan weapons and the mara's with RT wreck me because they cut through my evasion.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

You do realize that the reason GGG does not take our comments into consideration is because they only listen to greendude, and im sure some people out there would do as well for the balance if not better. If GGG could stop being all over GD and ask the community more about what needs to change we would have a much better LLD metagame, you cant balance a whole game with just 1 person perspective because there will always be biased facts from the players own point of view.

That's completely untrue but if you want to pin the blame on me for anything that's wrong with pvp, go for it. You won't be the first nor the last and frankly the pvp community can be so rude and ungrateful that i've accepted the fact that they will always be at each other throats. If you want me to be the punching bag, go for it.

But you should at least know the truth: I give them feedback just like all of you. In fact, i put a signficiant time into analyzing and evaluating the meta and creating extensive and researched feedback, often times in the form of a long google document. I've made tier of builds alongside a group of other experienced players on mumble. I always insist on having conversations via microphone with them and we work together to make this list.

Another thing I've been doing is a suggest for nerf/buffs mid seasons. And again I've only done this with the help of other community members. Grindcore, Monstercookie and midwest helped me with the previous version (between season 1 & 2) and have been great help. Lordsidro also helped with the first document before pvp events started. We have debates and disagreements, all suggestions go through some filtering by multiple point of views.

When we finish it, we ask GGG to look at it. And that's all.

Do they value the feedback? Yes, they know it was submitted by multiple players who worked hard on it. Does it influence their decisions, sometimes. At the end of the day, it's their decisions. The point is; the kind of feedback we submit, that i've just described, is feedback that anyone can make. Anyone in the pvp community could of taken this initiative and created a document with the help of a group of pvpers.

Also, a lot of the suggestions we make do not go in. No one without exception has any concrete power over any pvp related decisions except GGG themselves. No matter how vocal you are, you can't force anything through, myself included.

If you make a post in reply to GGG when they ask for feedback, or if you make a topic in the pvp feedback section or if you email them, they will read it. Your voice will then be heard too, just like mine. All feedback is taken in, and unless you have a reputation of being hateful or providing bias criticism, then yes maybe that kind of feedback will be treated lesser than that of others. Otherwise, it will be heard.

Lately, since the failed cross-league dueling announcement (because it was done 5 days b4 season start) they've been working hard towards more transparency and creating threads relevant to feedback they want. Now these threads usually start off strong but degenrate into child-like accusations and rant/rage posts. Everyone is at each others throats, and it reminds me of moba communities. I guess it's just implicit to Player versus Player games maybe.

Anyway I just thought i'd lay down some facts. Take it as you will. If you want to ignore this entire post and keep blaming it on GGG or me or your cousin's neighbour's grandparent's dog, continue to do so.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Mar 14, 2015, 7:13:31 PM
"
If you make a post in reply to GGG when they ask for feedback, or if you make a topic in the pvp feedback section or if you email them, they will read it. Your voice will then be heard too, just like mine. All feedback is taken in, and unless you have a reputation of being hateful or providing bias criticism, then yes maybe that kind of feedback will be treated lesser than that of others. Otherwise, it will be heard.

I keep saying that nothign good comes from acting like dics towards GGG and posts that drip with sarcasm and accusations are not in any way more effective.

GGG has said many times that they read feedback threads but just don't have the time to respond to every thread so you know that they read your feedback.

But if people want act like they dont and want to continue with their accusatory/sarcastic posts just because it makes them feel better and is their only way to vent frustration then feel free to do so.
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
andkamen wrote:
my melee on hc does fairly well vs runsucker

But It's gear was made with bows in mind. A lot of evasion,acro,ondards,block. I use traps and an off hand bow too so I dont have to chase him all the time.

Even so I need to be on top of my game to win vs him. And the downside is that the common on sc vagan weapons and the mara's with RT wreck me because they cut through my evasion.

Right ,and Andkamen, the fact that you need a 100% anti bow build to hardcounter a class and even then still likely only have decent odds at winning spells broken in my mind.
"
GreenDude wrote:
Spoiler
"
hauntworld1 wrote:

You do realize that the reason GGG does not take our comments into consideration is because they only listen to greendude, and im sure some people out there would do as well for the balance if not better. If GGG could stop being all over GD and ask the community more about what needs to change we would have a much better LLD metagame, you cant balance a whole game with just 1 person perspective because there will always be biased facts from the players own point of view.

That's completely untrue but if you want to pin the blame on me for anything that's wrong with pvp, go for it. You won't be the first nor the last and frankly the pvp community can be so rude and ungrateful that i've accepted the fact that they will always be at each other throats. If you want me to be the punching bag, go for it.

But you should at least know the truth: I give them feedback just like all of you. In fact, i put a signficiant time into analyzing and evaluating the meta and creating extensive and researched feedback, often times in the form of a long google document. I've made tier of builds alongside a group of other experienced players on mumble. I always insist on having conversations via microphone with them and we work together to make this list.

Another thing I've been doing is a suggest for nerf/buffs mid seasons. And again I've only done this with the help of other community members. Grindcore, Monstercookie and midwest helped me with the previous version (between season 1 & 2) and have been great help. Lordsidro also helped with the first document before pvp events started. We have debates and disagreements, all suggestions go through some filtering by multiple point of views.

When we finish it, we ask GGG to look at it. And that's all.

Do they value the feedback? Yes, they know it was submitted by multiple players who worked hard on it. Does it influence their decisions, sometimes. At the end of the day, it's their decisions. The point is; the kind of feedback we submit, that i've just described, is feedback that anyone can make. Anyone in the pvp community could of taken this initiative and created a document with the help of a group of pvpers.

Also, a lot of the suggestions we make do not go in. No one without exception has any concrete power over any pvp related decisions except GGG themselves. No matter how vocal you are, you can't force anything through, myself included.

Lately, since the failed cross-league dueling announcement (because it was done 5 days b4 season start) they've been working hard towards more transparency and creating threads relevant to feedback they want. Now these threads usually start off strong but degenrate into child-like accusations and rant/rage posts. Everyone is at each others throats, and it reminds me of moba communities. I guess it's just implicit to Player versus Player games maybe.

Anyway I just thought i'd lay down some facts. Take it as you will. If you want to ignore this entire post and keep blaming it on GGG or me or your cousin's neighbour's grandparent's dog, continue to do so.
Spoiler

Ya I hear ya greendude. Too many people trying to bully GGG with threats of not supporting if they dont supplicate to their PvP demands. I dislike players trying to force the game in their direction. I would like it people would try to be more constructive and faithful in GGG. They blow my mind sometimes. They release progressive updates. Sarn arena was awesome, cross league public queue - AMAZING, Ladder PvP season awards and RL awards also amazing, invitational with shoutcasters, and tons more. So many players trying to tug the game in their direction by claiming they are fuckin geniuses and everyone needs to listen to them. Half the time the most demanding players dont even provide proper feedback. They just start accusing GGG of being ignorant ant deceiving and threaten to stop supporting. GGG has their own agenda and now they have a large amount of players saying PVP is the new focus and PvE has been forgotten about. These accusations come after GGG has made multiple announcements saying PvP was forged with free space and is not impacting PvE in any shape or form. I still think the biggest frustration with PvP is how anti-social it is. I hope through proper feedback some simple solutions will be provided after act 4.

I, myself completely understand the current position they are in and I really hope they see the few individuals who are trying to inspire a thriving community and eventually realize the potential for PvP greatness. I think the last list of nerfs was awesome. The biggest problem with balancing meta atm is probably the gear barrier. Everyone is so afraid their build with be nerfed and they will be forced to go through the agonizing process of making another meta viable build. If the gear barrier was lessened then players would have better access to larger build varieties and the meta would become more apparent.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Mar 15, 2015, 4:27:37 AM
"
Qarl wrote:
Short answer, no, we are not giving up on PVP balance efforts. Nor are we giving up on PVP. Specifically we said "we will continue to support PvP".

Soource: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1214692/page/4#p10245073
Last edited by Samkiud on Mar 21, 2015, 2:25:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info