Preview of Upcoming UI/QOL Improvements

Can't wait to start seeing zode ID's included in the info box.
"
You call that QoL improvements? Those are useless. What use do I have for an ingame clock? I have plenty of clocks around me. What use do I have for party map names when I play solo? None.

This is useless work done, time and effort of GGG's manpower gone to waste. Where are the performance improvements? Where is the option to disable particle and weather effects? Where is the option to customise the size and placement of the FPS/latency monitoring graphs? Where are the improvements for distinguishing important drops during play? Those are the things that improve QoL, not these basically useless "features".

GGG has always had the bad habit of trickle-feeding the community the unimportant aspects of their upcoming work, but I don't think I've ever felt THIS insulted before. It's a good thing that I've been putting off writing an article/review of the game yet. I was hoping that I'll have a few good things to write about Act 4 and maybe kindle new interest in the game, but as it is, I think I'll be more inclined to showcase PoE negatively. And I am glad I am too poor to afford supporter packs, because I'd be mightily disappointed right now if I had put money into this game.

not everyone is a solo player. not everyone is so hardworking to alt-tab/look around for clocks. you are not everyone.

a large number of people has requested for these QoL improvements. i get it you're sour coz the stuff you want isnt implemented yet. you seem glad that you can't afford to pay for a supporter pack coz u would be disappointed? its a free game. everyone who gave money to GGG did so as a form of support/donation, if you dont like where it currently is, dont give them a single cent! simple as that. in general i do not care if people do not support GGG due to financial issues, everyone has their own story, but i do find its unnecessary to rant out stating your disappointments for a free game. especially if you aren't supporting it, if you stop playing you would actually help POE more by reducing the loads on their servers rather than just ranting this way.

yeah sure poe has a lot of things that can be improved on but for you to say this is "useless work", you are seeing it in a very bias light. you only see POE vs YOURSELF rather than POE vs Others. you say you play solo. good for you, so do I. but there are a large number of players that prefer to play in parties. there are others that request the stuff that you want, there are others that requested the stuff that you say is "useless". that said, i will now use a statement inspired by one that you have made to end my comment.

i am glad i dont know your website/magazine that you supposedly write articles/reviews for, because I'd be mightily disappointed right now if i wasted my time reading them just to find out that the writer is incredibly biased and is self focused to see things as a whole.

EDIT: and yeah i read your "edit". i myself too have played this game for ages. and check my supporter status. i have used real money to support the game, i have my wishes that i wish to see in POE but the ultimate decision on what happens to my cash rests in GGG's hands. any monetary support given to GGG should be seen as a "donation" rather than an "investment"
[Removed by Support]
Last edited by exsea on Mar 11, 2015, 11:03:33 PM
finally!! nice job :)
Soooooo, anyone else notice the two new skills? You can see one in what would be the right mouse button and the other one where three would be. Then again, I may be wrong, as even with 800 hours of gameplay, I have yet to play caster builds
Sure, the lab can be hard, but it's pretty easy if you're properly geared, and not terrible at the game.
looks good! now I won't have to alt tab 20 times to make sure I'm not late for work.
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
Soooooo, anyone else notice the two new skills? You can see one in what would be the right mouse button and the other one where three would be. Then again, I may be wrong, as even with 800 hours of gameplay, I have yet to play caster builds

Those are Glacial hammer and Decoy totem respectively. Totally new skills :)

"
exsea wrote:

not everyone is a solo player. not everyone is so hardworking to alt-tab/look around for clocks. you are not everyone.

a large number of people has requested for these QoL improvements. i get it you're sour coz the stuff you want isnt implemented yet. you seem glad that you can't afford to pay for a supporter pack coz u would be disappointed? its a free game. everyone who gave money to GGG did so as a form of support/donation, if you dont like where it currently is, dont give them a single cent! simple as that. in general i do not care if people do not support GGG due to financial issues, everyone has their own story, but i do find its unnecessary to rant out stating your disappointments for a free game. especially if you aren't supporting it, if you stop playing you would actually help POE more by reducing the loads on their servers rather than just ranting this way.

yeah sure poe has a lot of things that can be improved on but for you to say this is "useless work", you are seeing it in a very bias light. you only see POE vs YOURSELF rather than POE vs Others. you say you play solo. good for you, so do I. but there are a large number of players that prefer to play in parties. there are others that request the stuff that you want, there are others that requested the stuff that you say is "useless". that said, i will now use a statement inspired by one that you have made to end my comment.

i am glad i dont know your website/magazine that you supposedly write articles/reviews for, because I'd be mightily disappointed right now if i wasted my time reading them just to find out that the writer is incredibly biased and is self focused to see things as a whole.

EDIT: and yeah i read your "edit". i myself too have played this game for ages. and check my supporter status. i have used real money to support the game, i have my wishes that i wish to see in POE but the ultimate decision on what happens to my cash rests in GGG's hands. any monetary support given to GGG should be seen as a "donation" rather than an "investment"

Tell me... Did the people who used those 3rd party programs and risked getting banned for them use them for ingame clocks and map names? No, they did not. They used them for drop notifications and performance improvements. The stuff GGG just revealed wasn't even offered or missed as far as I know. Why? because they are absolutely useless. It's not just me; Lots of people have access to clocks outside their damn corner of the screen. Buying a clock costs a few euros/dollars. Buying a new GPU to not lose 50 fps whenever ground effects/rain appear costs about 300 times more than that. Can you buy not being colourblind/deaf or whatever else might cause you to have problems identifying items on the ground as easily as buying a clock? NO. I am not selfish; I'm just not a stupid blind sheep that caps locks the word "HYPE" the moment a GGG news post pops up, and actually thinks about it critically.
So please, spare me your critique of my character or reviewing ability.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
Last edited by PrimordialDarkness on Mar 11, 2015, 11:15:27 PM
Clock hype!!!! finally

thx GGG
maybe get rid of that ugly menu icon once and for all :/
nice
"

Tell me... Did the people who used those 3rd party programs and risked getting banned for them use them for ingame clocks and map names? No, they did not. They used them for drop notifications and performance improvements. The stuff GGG just revealed wasn't even offered or missed as far as I know. Why? because they are absolutely useless. It's not just me; Lots of people have access to clocks outside their damn corner of the screen. Buying a clock costs a few euros/dollars. Buying a new GPU to not lose 50 fps whenever ground effects/rain appear costs about 300 times more than that. Can you buy not being colourblind/deaf or whatever else might cause you to have problems identifying items on the ground as easily as buying a clock? NO. I am not selfish; I'm just not a stupid blind sheep that caps locks the word "HYPE" the moment a GGG news post pops up, and actually thinks about it critically.
So please, spare me your critique of my character or reviewing ability.

You kinda sound angry that people are getting things they asked for. I pity you.

I am also excited people's pings all over the world are about to get better

It's a good day of new for PoE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info