Why is there no "Greendude" for races?

how many people's runs were ruined in the invitational because they didnt get a jade amulet?

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
GreenDude wrote:

This was just to give a bit of perspective on what i'm doing, just to help the conversation (as to not create any confusion). Continue on.

"
CabooseDog wrote:

So are you saying if we take some top racers (people who have been doing it from the beginning, who have been through the thick and thin, who've evolved through all the metas, who've one demis, who've gone into invitationals, who've received 1000 pt prizes, people who GENUINELY know what they are talking about) we'll get a dev response?

No i dont think you understood. That conclusion you drew from my reply is completely off.

I am not suggesting anything but whats written in my post. It's only purpose, is to show some of the things I do and more importantly, how I do it, as to avoid any confusion.

This means, no one can "speculate" what i do. So for example, no one can say that anything I msg GGG on Skype gets into the game, because thats not how it works and thats not how i submit feedback.

My post does not take any position here. Personally, I've been much too out of racing to be able to take a stance here. I find it hard to do both PVP & racing (and respect those who can like waggle & helman), so my racing experience is virtually 0 nowadays.

Again I want to be clear: My post is ONLY there to explain my relationship with GGG and how i submit feedback, and how it is taken in, based on facts as to avoid anyone having to guess how it works for pvp. Any other conclusion made, like CabooseDog's is untrue. His post is implying things that my post does not say.
"
So are you saying
Not saying anything then whats written.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Mar 22, 2015, 11:53:47 PM
"
HeaT1 wrote:
how many people's runs were ruined in the invitational because they didnt get a jade amulet?

-HeaT

so you are saying if there was some1 that didnt get a jade amulet, no matter how likely/unlikely it was, their run would have been ruined? thanks for proving my point!

-Peeps
"
HeaT1 wrote:

-HeaT

Probably about the same amount of peoples runs that were ruined because they didnt get ms/+1 from the starting vendor, or an extra qs sometime before a2, or generous currency drops, or etc etc.

Most events are so short and so easy now that the main differences between results in any given race come down to item/blue rng and load times. Races in general need to be somewhat longer and significantly harder for skill (term used loosely) to be more than a minor or at best moderate factor.
IGN: KoTao
"
KoTao wrote:
"
HeaT1 wrote:

-HeaT

Probably about the same amount of peoples runs that were ruined because they didnt get ms/+1 from the starting vendor, or an extra qs sometime before a2, or generous currency drops, or etc etc.

Most events are so short and so easy now that the main differences between results in any given race come down to item/blue rng and load times. Races in general need to be somewhat longer and significantly harder for skill (term used loosely) to be more than a minor or at best moderate factor.

your run is not ruined because you dont get ms, qs or +1 from vendor that makes literally no sense at all.

and you dont need ANY currency drops, it just helps.

the only blue rng that really makes a difference is the 3 magic packs boxes.

"
lPeeps wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
"
HeaT1 wrote:

-HeaT

your run is not ruined because you dont get ms, qs or +1 from vendor that makes literally no sense at all.

and you dont need ANY currency drops, it just helps.

the only blue rng that really makes a difference is the 3 magic packs boxes.

Anything someone else gets (ms, +1, qs, useful orbs) early on, that you dont get early on, is wrecking your run because theyre going to beat you. You just lost to exactly this in the invitationals, unless you want to argue that throzzs (arguably) slightly cleaner overall play was the deciding factor and not his ms from the vendor while you waited until a2, extra currency allowing +1 fire half an act earlier and a +1 lit drop half an act before you rolled yours.

And i agree you dont need currency drops, but then you dont need an amulet drop either. You can postpone some dps nodes and not need a stat amulet at all. Of course this puts you behind someone who takes the dps nodes and gets a jade anyway, ruining your run, which is no different than any of the other already mentioned drops/rolls/finds that make significant differences in comparative results between those who have them and those who dont. And at least you can force +1s, ipd and stats. Not much you can do if your opponent(s) get early ms and/or extra qs and you never do.

As for blue/density rng- In descent and dc, theyre almost always the factor that makes or breaks runs. In regular events, they can still wreck you if youre trying some xp-tight strat (rushing pyramid in the previous sig was an exellent example of this) and end up underleveled due to successive low density / no blue zones. I agree that blues boxes are probably too strong, but theyre also just another dumb layer of exessive rng among too many. Eliminate one layer of rng in the current race paradigm and youre just amplifying all the others.
passes the torch to KoTao

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
KoTao wrote:

Anything someone else gets (ms, +1, qs, useful orbs) early on, that you dont get early on, is wrecking your run because theyre going to beat you. You just lost to exactly this in the invitationals, unless you want to argue that throzzs (arguably) slightly cleaner overall play was the deciding factor and not his ms from the vendor while you waited until a2, extra currency allowing +1 fire half an act earlier and a +1 lit drop half an act before you rolled yours.

And i agree you dont need currency drops, but then you dont need an amulet drop either. You can postpone some dps nodes and not need a stat amulet at all. Of course this puts you behind someone who takes the dps nodes and gets a jade anyway, ruining your run, which is no different than any of the other already mentioned drops/rolls/finds that make significant differences in comparative results between those who have them and those who dont. And at least you can force +1s, ipd and stats. Not much you can do if your opponent(s) get early ms and/or extra qs and you never do.

As for blue/density rng- In descent and dc, theyre almost always the factor that makes or breaks runs. In regular events, they can still wreck you if youre trying some xp-tight strat (rushing pyramid in the previous sig was an exellent example of this) and end up underleveled due to successive low density / no blue zones. I agree that blues boxes are probably too strong, but theyre also just another dumb layer of exessive rng among too many. Eliminate one layer of rng in the current race paradigm and youre just amplifying all the others.

I dont consider it wrecking your run. You can continue just fine and just deal with other ways. Of course throzz's rng was significantly better but that is just part of the game with currency lucky rares ect, maybe i could have done more to get my +1 fire earlier, but i didnt ( he also got +3 magic packs in warehouses ) . You talk about forcing +1's and ipd ect, which is the same thing im saying, why can we not force a jade/ other stat amulets? The only determining factor in getting one is having the transmute and then getting lucky in a vendor, i dont see the point. Just let me "create my own rng" and recipe that shit.
"
lPeeps wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:

You can postpone some dps nodes and not need a stat amulet at all.

I dont consider it wrecking your run. You can continue just fine and just deal with other ways. Of course throzz's rng was significantly better but that is just part of the game with currency lucky rares ect, maybe i could have done more to get my +1 fire earlier, but i didnt ( he also got +3 magic packs in warehouses ) . You talk about forcing +1's and ipd ect, which is the same thing im saying, why can we not force a jade/ other stat amulets? The only determining factor in getting one is having the transmute and then getting lucky in a vendor, i dont see the point. Just let me "create my own rng" and recipe that shit.

you didnt address the above aspect of KoTao's argument. do you consider that wrecking your run and not an option, can you address that point?

the other thing is, as a templar you are muling a gem that doesnt really belong to you because it's advantageous, but that's a strategy and a strategy that runs some risks like you may not get x to support it.

-HeaT

youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
lPeeps wrote:

I was comparing all those other rng items to stat amulets because while missing any of them doesnt actually "end" your run- you can still keep progressing, especially as a caster- not having them when your opponent does means youre probably playing for second place at best.

As for stat amulets specifically, the lack of available options isnt the problem- the days where no early offclass stats were in reach during races are long gone.

I agree there should be recipes for everything (and not near-useless stuff like qs + whatever for ms boots), but with the current state of racing thats also just going to reduce results from who got the item drops to who got the currency drops to make the items.

Anyway my main point was that races need to be longer and harder so that player decisions and execution play a much more significant part in results at the top level. The fact that the major race-related complaints from competitive players lately are along the lines of "not enough powerful crits monsters in my zones" or "the vendor keeps fucking me for running a 100% dps node build" should be a fairly good indication that something has gone pretty wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info