Why is there no "Greendude" for races?

"
KoTao wrote:

Anyway my main point was that races need to be longer and harder so that player decisions and execution play a much more significant part in results at the top level. The fact that the major race-related complaints from competitive players lately are along the lines of "not enough powerful crits monsters in my zones" or "the vendor keeps fucking me for running a 100% dps node build" should be a fairly good indication that something has gone pretty wrong.

Longer races suck. I think the attendance extremely falls off starting at 2 hours and longer. That is too painful to sit for that long at one sitting.
Last edited by terrex on Mar 26, 2015, 11:05:35 AM
"
terrex wrote:

Longer races suck. I think the attendance extremely falls off starting at 2 hours and longer. That is too painful to sit for that long at one sitting.

i am also not a fan of long races. i dont think they should be longer than 90 min. i quite enjoyed the length of this sig race to be honest.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Mar 26, 2015, 11:53:52 AM
I liked the length of the sig, but it may not be best for showing who is the best racer, which i dont really mind. Cant really have the race that Shows the most skill every season can you, that would just get stale.

I think my point still stands, there should be a vendor option for stat amulets.

Just because you want to go full dps doesnt mean you should be denied stats.

Take last season ( i think ) for example, the templar build i liked to go was through life to the ele wheel, therefore id have to go through 2 useless nodes to get any dex and at level 8-9 thats just aweful.

"
KoTao wrote:

I agree there should be recipes for everything (and not near-useless stuff like qs + whatever for ms boots), but with the current state of racing thats also just going to reduce results from who got the item drops to who got the currency drops to make the items.

Not really true, since for stat amulets you get them by having a transmute just have that in the recipe, as you dont find them alot and just get them by selling shit.
"
lPeeps wrote:
I liked the length of the sig, but it may not be best for showing who is the best racer, which i dont really mind. Cant really have the race that Shows the most skill every season can you, that would just get stale.

interesting, what race length do you think is the most accurate representation that would foster a "best racer" environment? id like to hear other racers opinion on this.

"
lPeeps wrote:

I think my point still stands, there should be a vendor option for stat amulets.

Just because you want to go full dps doesnt mean you should be denied stats.

just because you use a strategy that is high risk and doesnt allow for deviation (when in fact it could) doesn't mean there shouldnt be consequences you MIGHT have to deal with.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
HeaT1 wrote:

interesting, what race length do you think is the most accurate representation that would foster a "best racer" environment? id like to hear other racers opinion on this.

It would have to be a certain time where there's actually options. like docks vs cruel, but with act 4 im sure this will change to docks vs something in act 4 and hopefully they can have a certain time to where theres actually options to which one is chosen.
"
lPeeps wrote:

It would have to be a certain time where there's actually options. like docks vs cruel, but with act 4 im sure this will change to docks vs something in act 4 and hopefully they can have a certain time to where theres actually options to which one is chosen.

that seems to be on the longer side, and pretty complex if you consider that most things that deal with efficiency tend to drill down to one optimal strategy.

although i think we had those options in the most current sig race no? i won a demi doing crypt, one running pyramid, and i think one running sarn. never tried warehouse. but there seemed to have been options.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
HeaT1 wrote:
"
lPeeps wrote:

that seems to be on the longer side, and pretty complex if you consider that most things that deal with efficiency tend to drill down to one optimal strategy.

although i think we had those options in the most current sig race no? i won a demi doing crypt, one running pyramid, and i think one running sarn. never tried warehouse. but there seemed to have been options.

-HeaT

Depends what you are talking about, if you are talking about records, crypt is not viable sarn is not viable. And for templar/witch its 100% warehouses, all the other classes im pretty sure are pyramid. Except ranger which is crypt, point being that they are all viable on different classes but no templar would get a record going anywhere but warehouses.
I would say this race probably had the most diversity out of any that i can remember though.
"
lPeeps wrote:

Except ranger which is crypt

nope I rushed docks
Helmann is the Greendude for races
"
monkeylord4 wrote:
Helmann is the Greendude for races

"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info