Why is there no "Greendude" for races?

"
janimauk wrote:
"
lPeeps wrote:
"
boof wrote:
Chill bro, Neon's got this.

On a serious note, there's no future in skill (using that term as loosely as one can use it for this game) based competition.
The future is in grind/wealth based competition (pvp).

Still, i could talk to someone for 10 minutes and fix so many things that are just straight up annoying. That wouldnt affect the actual game at all and would make all racers so much happier. What is worse than going to a vendor 3 times and never having a jade amulet or a certain resist ring? What is the problem with having just a minimum of 1 of each ring/amulet all white in vendors.

majority of racers seem to have given up on making posts on issues like vendor rng or maybe they just enjoy the variation from race to race.

Vendor RNG, at least to me, is one of those things that is part of the game and I have gotten used to it. That being said, there are many improvements that can be made to the early game with regards to racing. Vendor RNG, quest reward gems, casters still being more viable than melee when playing with close to no gear (which is what racing is) among other issues. Also, Descent, which is one of my favorite races, has hardly been updated since it was introduced which was well before I started playing.

GGG really needs to actually care about racing as it has a much bigger community than PvP, which they have given much more attention to lately. If they would sit down and discuss this with some of the top racers (Helman, cwu, Mors, Throzz, etc.) like they did with Greendude a while back, racing could be greatly improved over the state that it's in now.

At this point, I can only hope that the Act 4 Expansion greatly reworks the early game as well as adding the new Act to the end.
Hell, part of the excitement of the race is either getting those Sapphire Rings when I need 'em, or at least cussing out Nessa for failing me. It's part of the RNG, same as whether or not Tarkleigh has MS boots. Racing is a test of competing in the environment created by the game, not being spoon-fed a set of standardized vendor items. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Mar 10, 2015, 5:48:15 PM
The reason GD is flown out there is because Chris likes him. At the end of the day, this is still a small company where stuff like can be the main criteria to fix issues.

1. They think they racing can be solved in house.
2. The people who fulfill the role of GD in the racing community are out for several reasons:

pariah, asshole who chris doesnt like, cheater, not well known enough or already had his chance.

I'll leave it up to to figure out which person amongst the famous racers fits where.

3. Core issues in racing are fundamental ways in which the game operates, ones that they are not going to ever want to give in on.

4. PVP has its own rules, why can't racing? I honestly dont know on this one, but probably because the main game will grow farther and farther from the main game. Of course that says something for the main game, how random its become.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
"
Morsexier wrote:

pariah, asshole who chris doesnt like, cheater, not well known enough or already had his chance.

I'll leave it up to to figure out which person amongst the famous racers fits where.

...they're all me?
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015
Last edited by Awkamess on Mar 10, 2015, 7:36:29 PM
"
lPeeps wrote:
Still, i could talk to someone for 10 minutes and fix so many things that are just straight up annoying. That wouldnt affect the actual game at all and would make all racers so much happier. What is worse than going to a vendor 3 times and never having a jade amulet or a certain resist ring? What is the problem with having just a minimum of 1 of each ring/amulet all white in vendors.

I'm still undecided on vendor RNG. There are several things you can do to reduce the variance such as muling, changing your passive tree, collecting vendor recipe items, making an extra trip to town, etc. Taking advantage of these will help anybody do "consistently well" in your standard 1hr+ races. The problem is when the emphasis of race seasons seems to be shorter races, decent, endless ledge, burst races, sig races, and side quests then doing "consistently well" doesn't seem to matter to the vocal population of racers.

"
Throzz wrote:

I'm still undecided on vendor RNG. There are several things you can do to reduce the variance such as muling, changing your passive tree, collecting vendor recipe items, making an extra trip to town, etc. Taking advantage of these will help anybody do "consistently well" in your standard 1hr+ races. The problem is when the emphasis of race seasons seems to be shorter races, decent, endless ledge, burst races, sig races, and side quests then doing "consistently well" doesn't seem to matter to the vocal population of racers.

personally im leaning towards vendor rng being fine, it's part of the knowledge and decision making you need to analyze to maximize your run given your current rng. there are also other ways of mitigating bad rng like you already mentioned, yes it costs time or dps passives but so be it, deal with it.

this is what makes racing interesting to me. i still dont really know what optimal decisions are in certain situations, do i transmute my QS or my chain belt for spell damage recipe because i dont have an alt, do i wait for the alt? how do you prioritize potential benefits to maximize your race performance given x situation. the rng factors into to this constant...organic decision making, it allows it to exist. (this is part of the reason i think endless ledge is easier because that race removes questionable decisions/prioritization it's more clearly defined, and therefore shifts more of the skill to killing efficiency)

if you remove vendor rng why stop there? why not remove pack size and magic pack rng, i feel that's a greater impact on your game than vendor rng. fundamentally, the magnitude of these changes may change the experience all together, maybe in a good way or possibly bad, i would tread cautiously.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Last edited by HeaT1 on Mar 11, 2015, 3:20:21 PM
"
HeaT1 wrote:
"
Throzz wrote:

personally im leaning towards vendor rng being fine, it's part of the knowledge and decision making you need to analyze to maximize your run given your current rng. there are also other ways of mitigating bad rng like you already mentioned, yes it costs time or dps passives but so be it, deal with it.

this is what makes racing interesting to me. i still dont really know what optimal decisions are in certain situations, do i transmute my QS or my chain belt for spell damage recipe because i dont have an alt, do i wait for the alt? how do you prioritize potential benefits to maximize your race performance given x situation. the rng factors into to this constant...organic decision making, it allows it to exist.

if you remove vendor rng why stop there? why not remove pack size and magic pack rng, i feel that's a greater impact on your game than vendor rng. fundamentally, the magnitude of these changes may change the experience all together, maybe in a good way or possibly bad, i would tread cautiously.

-HeaT

Running a top tier pace and then getting fucked cause the vendor doesn't sell you an amulet / ring. Wow, sure deserved it. For most racers this prob only applies to merveil, but when you reach a certain point, something like this can make all the difference in a run. Lets just say fuck it though and throw in more shrines n boxes.
Last edited by terrex on Mar 11, 2015, 3:14:48 PM
i had one sig run where i got 25 as scion with no ms and no qs drop
other run as witch with 15 ms dropped in mid a2 and i couldn't hit 25
dat pack rng lol
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
Throzz wrote:

On witch sure with the dex, but not every class has specific stats that go towards other good skill points like the witch aoe/ prac application. On templar you cant really use those 2 points to get the dex node while u have to get the aoe/2 big damage nodes, specifically at level 9 ish .
"
HeaT1 wrote:

this is what makes racing interesting to me. i still dont really know what optimal decisions are in certain situations, do i transmute my QS or my chain belt for spell damage recipe because i dont have an alt, do i wait for the alt? how do you prioritize potential benefits to maximize your race performance given x situation. the rng factors into to this constant...organic decision making, it allows it to exist. (this is part of the reason i think endless ledge is easier because that race removes questionable decisions/prioritization it's more clearly defined, and therefore shifts more of the skill to killing efficiency)

-HeaT

There is no knowledge or decision making involved in not finding a jade amulet for say in your vendor, you cannot buy it before brutus, so after brutus + ship graveyard + merveil wp are the times where u can realistically go for it, and what if you never get it? Oh guess what your run is over. The RNG involved should be in getting the currency for the item, not randomly deciding if the item will be in your shop or not.

People complain about packsize WAY too much. It is absolutely not a greater impact on your run than if you cannot get items in the vendors that you need. Its not even close.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info