1.3.1d Patch Notes

"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
jfpforever wrote:

self cast spark is very very good.

Do you actually know what you're talking about? I've got a level 86 sporker that is glassy as all fuck (3.7k hp and AA only defense). Wearing mali gloves, crit multi amulet, and dual wielding very good wands. I've got 12k spork damage, 90% duration on tree, and 200% projectile speed, but it clears like absolute shit. Where the fuck is this "spark is still good" myth coming from?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171404

yea, i kinda do
twitch.tv/jfpforever
I have never played the build nor never intended to but it still makes me UNREASONABLY MAD FOR NO REASON GRRRR. (!)
"
Kamirun wrote:
Are the nerfs really ever that bad... I think I've even seen a recent cyclone RF video that was still viable. And after playing melee for the last month that is still really good as well. Now I just need to test block to see if there really was damage to that too.

I'm sure that guy was using everything possible to make it "viable"
EE-DualCurse...etc...etc...etc...

Viable = .00000001% chance of success or higher
Viable =/= Optimal, strong, or on par with anything.

You'd be surprised to know that his damage potential IS still less than that of an even cheaper cyclone facebreaker, and you could build the same regen and have full advantage of it 100% of the time, not just after you finally get a high level PoF/Vitality during Ruby Flasks.

Last edited by Do_odle on Feb 26, 2015, 11:16:57 PM
"
yungwhiz wrote:
Another valuable lesson in keeping good ideas to yourself instead of sharing them with the community.

Oh, they will be nerfed. Just not as quickly. I made an OP puncture build that one shot pretty much everything in the game (Even groups with the combination of pierce and multiple projectiles)... with a bow only a tiny bit better than you can currently make with elreon's mod for crafting a bow in 1.1. 1.2 shifted it a bit, and 1.3 destroyed the build completely and without any mercy.

Sadly anything that you make that doesn't require GG gear to do, probably will get nerfed at some point.
Burn Prolif broken for 2 years or so. Untouched.
Flameblast broken since a little after it was introduced to the game. Adjusted only few days ago.
Someone makes use of MI for the second time since the keystone was introduced, gets nerfed within the week as if it breaks the entire realm, late into the league's life.

Sometimes... actually, often I don't get GGG's logic and it just makes me lose a little faith in them. Not permanently, for now. At least that's good.
IGN: MyOtherRangerDied // DontBeStupidAndDieAgain // GenericSporkerWitch
https://google.com
"
Do_odle wrote:
I'm sure that guy was using everything possible to make it "viable"
EE-DualCurse...etc...etc...etc...

Viable = .00000001% chance of success or higher
Viable =/= Optimal, strong, or on par with anything.

You'd be surprised to know that his damage potential IS still less than that of an even cheaper cyclone facebreaker, and you could build the same regen and have full advantage of it 100% of the time, not just after you finally get a high level PoF/Vitality during Ruby Flasks.

Just watched him on twitch and it is still good.

And there may be stronger builds but cyclone and MA instab prolif are two way different play styles. And in regards to the MA int pro (words are long) it still works fine.
"
samfortal wrote:

The build wasn't op or strong.

The video showing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYqpotB5KP0#t=32

LOL. Hilariously OP BS.

The real problem and root cause - burn proliferation - remains intact. Just play something else that proliferates, you'll clear maps like most expensive builds in the game, and all that for the cost of 2c. While dummies spend 1000ex to make ST good... lol
Last edited by toyotatundra on Feb 26, 2015, 11:37:38 PM
"
PsionicKitten wrote:

Oh, they will be nerfed. Just not as quickly. I made an OP puncture build that one shot pretty much everything in the game (Even groups with the combination of pierce and multiple projectiles)... with a bow only a tiny bit better than you can currently make with elreon's mod for crafting a bow in 1.1. 1.2 shifted it a bit, and 1.3 destroyed the build completely and without any mercy.

Sadly anything that you make that doesn't require GG gear to do, probably will get nerfed at some point.

That's the thing, though. Insanely expensive builds should be fucking insane. Cheap builds shouldn't. Your build sounds like it deserved a nerf of epic proportions. It sucks - belive me, I know - but there's a greater concern here, and that's the overall balance of the game.

And that leads to the good old burn proliferate builds. Hit one monster, entire screen ignites. Dirt cheap too. How does this broken proliferation gem keep escaping the guys in charge of balancing?
Once again, i am flattered by the ignorance the forum community has to offer.

Those "nerfed" skills were movement skills and thus they should never be viable as mainattack skills. Do you guys remember Whirling Blades, Lightnig Warp Totems and Phase Run? From a developers standpoint, it makes total sense to fix an issue with the damage calculation of a MOVEMENT SKILL, which people are using as a MAIN ATTACK.

Those people who are complaining about their "build" being ruined, should just shut up. They were the ones, who were unable to add one plus one and see this coming. This was an obviously needed fix!

I'm really sorry for the devs! They have to cope with so much shit on the forums, that it's no wonder they rarely respond to posts or even read them. Just look at this thread. It's 10+ pages of shitstorming with only four or five reasonable answers in the entire thread.

I wonder where the support team is when you actually need them, because at least ~50% of the posts qualify as antagknistic posts!
"
jfpforever wrote:
"
Caustic2 wrote:
"
jfpforever wrote:

self cast spark is very very good.

Do you actually know what you're talking about? I've got a level 86 sporker that is glassy as all fuck (3.7k hp and AA only defense). Wearing mali gloves, crit multi amulet, and dual wielding very good wands. I've got 12k spork damage, 90% duration on tree, and 200% projectile speed, but it clears like absolute shit. Where the fuck is this "spark is still good" myth coming from?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1171404

yea, i kinda do

LOL

You've got a fifth of my damage and a sixth of my projectile speed, but you're still going to tell me it clears fine? Best case scenario, all 7 of your sparks hit each enemy and you do 18.2k dps (very unlikely though). That is incredibly underwhelming. Most people would call that complete shit in terms of damage output.
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info