1.3.1d Patch Notes

This game would be way better if you would stop focusing on pvp and patch real issues.
"
Deistik wrote:
My only question is how on Earth did you (GGG) not see this coming when you tagged mirror arrow as "minion" and ALSO gave them that much life?

Because they let us do the testing and then nerf. It costs less time and effort.
Archives, https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2206812
Another Blizzard bone head move.... RIP
haha I just watched the video on this build and you have to be kidding. One shot whole screen?? Just a little OP. Decent nerf.

EDIT: I'll add to this but saying I also just watched the Atziri run.... Way to OP. Killed it in like.... maybe 10 shots.
Last edited by Kamirun on Feb 26, 2015, 10:53:07 PM
"
Qarl wrote:

That probably also adds to the issue, and may be an issue. It having significantly more life than any other minion is also definitely a problem.

I dont know how you guys do the math since you have way more insight on maybe hidden mechanics, but I'll give some damage calculations:

My MA clones with a lvl 18 gem and 83% increased minion life from the tree have 5274 life (tooltip).
From the gem and passive i have 172% increased minion damage and said 75% more minion damage.

The damage of the explision should be:

5274/3*2.72*1.75 = 8368

The burn per second should therefore be:

8368/5*2.72*1.75 = 7966

With a random Explosive Arrow tree I just made I'd get 143% increased fire damage and 200% increased elemental damage. Let's assume we are using a lvl 18 gem which has
approximatley 500 avg. fire damage per fuse.

With 5 fuses the explosion should deal:

500*5*4.43 = 11075

The burn is then:

11075/5*4.43 = 9812

So basicly the damage is not even that high for a burn prolif build. You need way less points invested into damage for sure, but you have to be low life afer all.
This set certain requirements to gear and tree on it's own.

EDIT: Now the funny part afer relaunching the game:

So the patch droped my tooltip life on MA to 2069. According to my math that's only about a 60% nerf, which is probably still harsh in comparison to my given example. Would be really cool if you could give out some information if there is more hidden stuff that affects the damage of MA clones.
Last edited by Schupfnudel on Feb 26, 2015, 10:50:05 PM
Do you guys remember when Chris Wilson lied to us during the Q&A?

"
Will we be seeing a nerf for any bow skills before 1.4 launches?

We are not planning on deploying major balance changes prior to the next expansion.
"
Redblade wrote:
Minara Anemina's minion instability hitting for 2k+ on 75% FR for months on end making her almost impossible to engage for some builds and nothing is changed...Mirror / Blink Arrow clones do to much damage and it's fixed in a matter of days.

Some times you really just don't know what to say...

Agreed. I've been playing Sovyn's lazy pally from the recent build of the week. MAssively defensive and can stand up to pretty much anything, from the videos it also seems to have a relatively easy time with Atziri.

Minara's minion instability though? Insta-gibbed.

If you're going to address issues of MI doing way to much damage, I'd say this also needs to be addressed.
IGN: Bravo_Thirsty
"
CabooseDog wrote:
wat

I'm all for pvp if people don't want to play it, they won't play it. Sure, maybe the idea of balancing around pvp wasn't fully thought out and I admit that, but as for these guys overreacting? not my problem if they are not open minded man :E

The problem is that PvP is an easy target as a bogeyman for changes that players don't like or think are "pointless or unnecessary," saying that a change was "probably made, because of PvP" will shift people's ire towards PvP. You probably won't make this mistake again, but I felt it necessary to point out. It's not them being close-minded that is the problem (they probably aren't really close-minded), it's that you didn't consider how your assertion might be misinterpreted by angry people and how it would affect people entirely unrelated to the discussion.

Take the general mood of this thread, "fuck this change!" Then say it's because of PvP, what's the logical conclusion for these angry people?

"
bitV wrote:
Fuck PvP

Of course.
Last edited by nikheizen on Feb 26, 2015, 10:55:29 PM
"
jfpforever wrote:

self cast spark is very very good.

Do you actually know what you're talking about? I've got a level 86 sporker that is glassy as all fuck (3.7k hp and AA only defense). Wearing mali gloves, crit multi amulet, and dual wielding very good wands. I've got 12k spork damage, 90% duration on tree, and 200% projectile speed, but it clears like absolute shit. Where the fuck is this "spark is still good" myth coming from?
IGN: WeenieHuttSenior
US East
"
ZaM wrote:
Do you guys remember when Chris Wilson lied to us during the Q&A?

"
Will we be seeing a nerf for any bow skills before 1.4 launches?

We are not planning on deploying major balance changes prior to the next expansion.

We were not planning on any changes. We probably should have been more aware there was an issue. When the interaction was first described to me, for example, I said 'that sounds like the correct behaviour." I didn't, however, understand the extent of the issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info