Developer Questions and Answers

I'm curious to know if you guys have any plans to add PhysX support. I know you've talked before about how the game could look much better with nicer effects, but couldn't do so because of trigger gems.

PhysX runs on a separate processing core so it doesn't have a major impact on performance in most cases. One would think it would be a helpful system for a cooler game and minimal impact.

One more question alongside PhysX is Nvidia gameworks. I'm an AMD user but I thought it would be cool to have ragdolls. I've seen nvidia working on some nice ragdoll bodies so maybe you could also work with them to implement that? The thought of bodies flying away from you instead of dropping dead in one spot seems pretty awesome.

Overall my questions are towards, what can/will you try to do to make your game world more immersive. I've logged over 1,000 hours (steam and launcher together, 2 accounts) and I've come to feel like the game is pretty static and less exciting than it could be. I'll still throw my hours and money at you regardless but just a thought.
Will you add more endgame content, aside from maps?
Disclaimer: While RMT is bad and should never be condoned, RMT prices can provide useful data relating to the accessibility of highly desired uniques, currency, and well-rolled rares, relative to demand.

Do you consider it a sign of an ideally functioning item system and in-game economy (with respect to unique rarity, affix rarity/bias, currency rarity and utility) when certain uniques sell for $150+ USD, mirrors sell for $200+ USD, and well-rolled rares sell for $2250+ USD? (by "sell", I mean traded for an amount of currency in-game that could theoretically be converted into that dollar amount based on typical RMT website prices). Would you consider the item system and in-game economy to be healthier (trade volume, wealth distribution, capability of an average player to achieve gearing goals, general player satisfaction) if the converted real money value of such items was: 10x higher OR 10x lower? [choosing 10x lower suggests you want things to be more accessible - Have there been any thoughts on making highly desired uniques, rare currencies, and well rolled rares easier to obtain in a non-temp league?]

One of the strongest weapons against RMT is the availability of an offline version of the game (the real money value and real money trade volume of virtual goods drops significantly when such goods are readily available via mods/save editing/save sharing/backup trading).

The BIG question (you can skip the above questions, but please answer this one):
Will GGG ever sell or offer Path of Exile in an offline format? (perhaps not in the immediate future, but if the game is designed for that to be possible (is it?), what are the chances of GGG providing a playable offline version (purchasable or free to supporters) prior to an event leading to the discontinuation of PoE 1 servers/online support?)
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
What are your exact plans as far as a trade system goes?

When can we expect such a trade system? (approximately, if you can't give an exact date.)

One of the things that drew me to the game was that, in closed beta, you said there would be a website integrated trade system that would allow us to trade without having to launch the game.

Here it is 3 years later and we still have no such system, as a result I DO NOT TRADE in this game, I shouldn't have to rely on third parties to do so.

I would just like a little information on this please, as this is my main concern, aside from desync, but we won't go there. :) Even just a " this is what we plan on doing, and you can expect it to happen in approximately xx days/weeks/months/years(hopefully not)." I won't hold you to anything, but I NEED to hear something about it, anything, please!

Thanks GGG, you guys are still my favorite developers, let's keep it that way!

Never wrestle with a pig. You'll only get muddy, and the pig likes it!

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience!

"De plumber fixes de sync with de wrench." - Robert_Paulson
Last edited by GodlyMe on Feb 23, 2015, 12:12:54 AM
Do you have any plans to make characters less generic / much more different to each other? For example, would you add class skills, make differences in life/mana/stats per level, change base attack speed for specific weapons, etc?
I've been a big fan of Path Of Exile ever since I've discovered it, and I have a few questions I would really like to get answers to.

1) Are there any plans to create a "customize character" option? I know we have classes and armors, but are there any plans to create a more in-depth character creation process? Specifically, changes to hair, body type, skin color, default base model clothes, gender, and facial features?

2) Desynch is a major issue, are there plans to cut down on its frequency or to have the game automatically /oos you every so often?

3) I love PoE but I feel like a few things are missing. One such thing is a "Tamer" class, something more along the lines of a Hunter in World of Warcraft. They could tame the hostile beasts of Wraeclast and have them fight alongside themselves. I know we have minions already, but they aren't quite the same. Unless we get skill gems like "Summon Goatman" or "Summon Rhoa", that summon the specified creature as a minion much like "Raise Spectre" could, but it would be permanent rather than from a corpse. Are there any plans for anything like this?

4) My single biggest qualm about PoE, and the thing that most prevents me from getting super into it, is the fact that there's no auction house type feature. Are there any plans to create something like that? For example, I could put my "Forbidden Taste" up for auction with a price of "1 Chaos Orb" or "1 Chaos Orb + 3 Orbs of Alteration".

Thank you for your time!
When are we going to be able to roll currency orbs on monsters? for example you can alch mobs so that they turn into rares or chance em into uniques blue mobs or rare mobs.
Question: Will there be an in-game bazaar/ trade system? I see many players say they do not wish to use an auction house, yet they go and do the same exact thing outside of the game with seller websites, etc. The logic is odd.

The fix: We have an awesome hideout system. Most players conduct the trades in hideouts.

Make a New Master where you can set up a bazaar stash in your hideout to list items for sale IN GAME. You could add other features such as more space per Master level, ability to set different prices, etc.

Listing items: You would list items on a new board in each town but is global. Now that you have the search function for stash tabs in the game, players can input the item they wish in the search bar, it will show a list of sellers on the board.

You can then go to players hideout, see their gear and buy, or if they are online, haggle the price just like normal.

End result:
Players will see each hideout, everyone can get trades going (instead of the highest end gear only selling), and you can still negotiate the prices like normal, or buyout on the spot IN GAME.

Excellent solution and huge use of the hideout system. Win/Win

Edit: Please let the new area be Snow Theme and give us a Quest to Increase character Inventory so we can stay out PLAYING the game longer (Not Stash Tabs)

Thank you for the improvements you have made to the game so far, but let's keep going!
Last edited by DepartedSoul on Feb 23, 2015, 12:45:46 AM
Questions:

1. Any further thoughts or progress on making Race/PvP reward items permanent skins?

At the Melbourne GGG Meetup last year I discussed this with Chris and Erik at the German Bier hall. It would be an extra incentive for people to race/PvP and enhance the monies spent on creating the artwork. These could appear in a separate sub-tab in the (M)icrotransaction page. It should also be retroactive so any race reward from the past will be included.

2. Guilds were introduced in 1.0 and have received no further enhancements since. Will we see any new features in 1.4?

Would be nice to see:

• Last Logged in Date for each member.
  • Be able to assign the Guild Stash to a gateway as we experience massive lag with the Guild Stash being in an Australian Gateway guild.[newline
IGN: deefa • Guild: <ACE> Alpha Crucis Exiles - poeurl.com/wpA • Discord: deefa#3298
Its probly been asked a million time in this thread but:

Any plans to do anything about desyncs? Clarification:
-Either fix the desyncs
-Either rebuild the game (POE 2)
-Either remove all the clutter from the maps or make it pass through for the purpose of not desyncing people needlessly.

Honestly your game is perfectly fine as is minus the desyncs.
Last edited by Kezz123 on Feb 23, 2015, 12:46:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info