Developer Questions and Answers

Not sure if it is too late to ask, but here it goes :)

1 major flaw that I notice on every major MMO game and it is the same for this game is that the reward for leveling up a character is really kinda unfair, and not worth the effort.
For example, leveling up a character from level 1 to 2 is extremely easy and I get 1 passive point which is very standard and it is great. However leveling up a character from lv 89 to 90 or 99 to 100 requires tremendous effort and time consuming yet I still get 1 passive point as a reward, which is in my opinion totally not worth the time and effort.

Just wondering if there is any plan to fix this? like extra points, or core stats for leveling up a high level character?
"
Is there any plans for more avian/bird pet MTXs?

NICE TRY.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
1. Do you think its reasonable to force players that want to play solo to have 500+ mf just to be able to farm last bosses?

- if you think its reasonable, can you atleast make the run to last bosses in act 4 shorter, to atleast lower a little bit the disparity between solo and party mf-ing

2. Mortal conviction keystone is using less then 0.1% of players, any chance you will make it better? (if taken player can use only 1 aura, but its free)

3. How about rewarding players that get to lvl 100 in temp leagues with random Tier 1 unique?

4. With flask changes, how about QoL change to Divination distilate, so that it adds buff regardless of one mana or hp?
Chris, It might be Too late, but I have 3 Questions.

I am a level 100, Standard League, Ranked #87 In World,have been playing character for 2 years.

1) Can I get your opinion on the XP Penalty % in later levels? Is the reason for the xp penalty to penalize the players level 1-89? Or players from 90+. Cause right now, that 10% is about 3-5 hours of constant mapping. Players are being forced to do countless numbers of boring easy blue pack size maps because the 10% xp risk is too much that its not worth risking it doing "more fun" maps.

See Suggestion Thread, Pages 20+ are where it picks up.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1190229

2) If a party consists of 6 Players, levels 97-99 and 1 level 100. Does the level 100 continue to take xp from kills even though the level 100 is not getting any xp?
I have heard it both ways, but I stand on the side that the level 100 should not take any xp.
So a level 100 can still play with his friends, without gimping theyre level progression.

3) If you are dead set on not changing the 1 size fits all 10% xp penalty, then can you make it so Mobs from Magic Maps give you more xp then White maps, and Mobs from Rare Maps give you more xp then Magic Maps. This will give incentive to players to do fun/challanging content while leveling instead of just countless amounts of easy Blue + pack size maps.

PS -
Some QoL Fixes From a level 100 -
-Divination Distillate for players who dont have full mana and full life all the time.
-Highlighting mechanism for drops. Similar to stash search, highlight specified whites on floor.
-A Quicker way to Identify Strongboxes, OR all strongboxes come Identified, it takes too much time to open bag, right click scroll, click chest.
-GUI for checking /remaining, /itemlevel.
-Ability to check itemlevel of something on floor without picking up. Maybe hold Alt.
-Show if each mod is a Prefix or suffix in Elreons Crafting Bench UI. Right now its fine for 1 mod crafting, it tells you "it cannot have more suffixes" but if you were to multimod, you would have to guess if the 2nd mod will be have a prefix or suffix open. Maybe a side craft ui for MultiMod? Where you can test out the craft to make sure its possible, before spending a penny.
-Link the Noticeboard / Public Parties while inside your hideout, to Act 3 Merc. Right now if you make a party and go to your hideout, noone will see it, just like you cant see others.

-Got plenty More Ideas, let me know Chris
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
Last edited by levy42088 on Feb 26, 2015, 12:17:38 PM
CUT-THROAT LEAGUE !!!!!!!! WHEN ARE THEY COMING?!?!?!?!?? One Standard and one Hardcore ,both permanent leagues,when are they happening guys ?!?!?!?!?!??-.- most of us are waiting for those :) ...ffs
"
Finale wrote:
Are there undiscovered recipes?

Rather: how many undiscovered recipes are there, as of right now ?

Optionally: do you think they would have a huge impact on how things are currently done in temp/perm leagues ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info