Developer Questions and Answers

Is desync still impossible to fix for you guys? well since other company seems to have no problem to code games thats hack free with unnoticeable desync... just asking...
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
will we ever have more than two lvl78 maps?
Are there any plans to improve matching for 3v3 and CTF? (or eliminate them from the Leo daily quest pool).

What are your thoughts on the following options:
1. Less segregation (with at least 2 sub-options):
(a) matching different league and/or server populations together (i.e. America + Europe, grouping all leagues - you could even do this via adding a couple new queue options, i.e. 3v3 global and CTF global, while maintaining the current league segregated options).
(b) funneling pvp populations into fewer pvp formats at any given time, perhaps by putting different modes on a rotating timer

2. Enhancing the UI, so players can see the number of other players waiting in a specific pvp queue, or add the capability to form/advertise groups for various pvp modes within the pvp UI.

I can spend hours (6+ hours) waiting in queue for the CTF Leo daily in standard (before inevitably giving up). 3v3 matching also takes such a long amount of time that it seems players have given up trying to queue for it (I just spent an hour waiting in queue for the 3v3 Leo daily with no matches, immediately after the daily reset).

PS. EU and US are basically grouping together already, but it's a huge hassle:
i.e. 6 players form one group and go to a hideout, then split into two groups and queue. If one player dc's or if a rematch is desired, process often has to be repeated.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Feb 24, 2015, 9:17:18 PM
I have three questions:

-Do you think that Path of Exile is the best game in the world? if not, what is?

-Do you read all comments on posts? Besides ones like this, posts like patch notes

-Will some of the new mobs in act 4 use recently introduced skills (Kinetic blast, Static strike, blink/mirror arrow)?
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
Last edited by jugglereli on Feb 24, 2015, 9:33:10 PM
"
Pewzor wrote:
Is desync still impossible to fix for you guys? well since other company seems to have no problem to code games thats hack free with unnoticeable desync... just asking...

Dead island epidemic being a prime example of a recent PVPVE (4v4v4vE) game without desync.

Properties of dead island epidemic:
- free to play
- still in beta
- isometric
- hard blocking
- fixed camera
- large randomized maps
- character leveling/item upgrades/consumables
- capability to create objects in the environment (turrets, buff beacons, traps)
- near instant matching for 4 player PVE
- 0 to 10 minute (generally under 5) matching for 12 player PVPVE
- responsive/active dodging vs. AI (monsters that charge or leap (which you can manually avoid or run into before the distance is closed) or grapple (which you can avoid or run into as the tongue is hurling toward you or toward your direction of movement)
- stuns, freezes, slows/cripples, speed boosts
- the capability to proactively and reactively avoid or connect attacks in both pvp and pve without any delay between command and command execution (i.e. manual predictive targeting so a player runs into your attack).

How do they accomplish this, with 12 players + monsters in a large arena, without any desync whatsoever, while keeping the game cheat-free? (i.e. 400+ hours played and not 1 speed hacker observed).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Feb 24, 2015, 8:47:13 PM
any possibility of minions that cast generic element/chaos damage, or element/chaos degen effects?
It may be to late to ask a question but here it goes..

Hi Chris and team. I am a loyal fan and admire your work. You have inspired me to build my own game in the same style as poe. Its same style, Rpg and Iso. but single player.

My question: If you can, can you tell me what sprite tools you use for poe and what animation tools you use.

also as a side question? if you could start over and make poe again what would you do different.

thanks in advanced for taking questions.

I think its pretty fucked up to not have an end date for this league.

so when is it?
[quote="stipen"]I bet 90% of people complaining in general on forums are from europe[/quote]
"
klank1950 wrote:
I think its pretty fucked up to not have an end date for this league.

so when is it?

The end date is the Elevteenth Lurici of Fiero
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
1) Can we get a crafting bench for maps? Like being able to add one master mod that we want to maps, just like we can to items.

2) Can you make it so items display item level on their stat sheet?

3) Can you make it so we can organize our hideout decorations in the tabs? And delete decorations too?

4) Will we ever see more (non-mtx) decorations added to masters? There are a lot of basic ones that are missing.

5) Will Mind-over-matter ever be moved? Having MoM by duelist is like having eldritch battery by marauder.

6) Why does remove master mod require master 7? This is the kind of thing people need right away as they progress through the game, not when they are already level 90.

edit: I asked these too late, now they won't be answered. RIP
Last edited by Meridin on Feb 25, 2015, 12:47:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info