Developer Questions and Answers

Custom leagues WHEN ? ( Also Self Found temp leahue)
Last edited by inferni2013 on Feb 22, 2015, 11:16:24 PM
Do you guys have any plans on addressing the whole "this item is a dream" subject? There are a lot of players, including myself, that play this game pretty casually and they feel like some big build enabling uniques are way too rare.

This, combined with the fact that player is constantly forced to trade and interact with others to actually get itens makes people frustrated because they want to have actual gameplay during their playing session but they end up doing boss runs or intensive trading for months just to get a rare unique item.

I feel like this game forces me to get multiple stash tabs and make use of 3rd party programs just to set up shops to get money for actually good itens.

I really wish I could simply log in, play and find good stuff without having to use any of these programs, having the need of trading so much or having to cripple myself into playing magic find specs.
Just got home from work so arriving a bit late to this thread, I am sure many of the things I want to see in the game have already been asked about, but even if I am simply more redundancy I have to put it there so that it's known how many people want these things.

Awhile back, there was a thread (I'm almost certain by Charan Jaydamer) (Sorry if I got the name wrong) about how everything focuses on aoe and faster attacks and screen clearing attacks. Loved this thread.

*We need more single target attacks that hit hard or slow, THAT CANNOT BE GIVEN MELEE SPLASH OR MULTIPLE PROJECTILES, OR a support gem that is the opposite of faster attacks, slower attacks, more damage and because slower attacks = more risk/commitment/less mobility it could be quite a substantial bonus.

*It would also be cool see a similar attack skill like frenzy, but stacking strength instead of attack speed, that could not be supported by melee splash, this would add yet another awesome use for pillar of the caged god and it still wouldn't be too OP because 2Hs suck anyway.

**Are there plans to address this, or skill gems in the works that don't follow the typical progression: "Okay it's a melee skill, I'm obviously linking melee splash and multistrike/faster attacks"

*2H weapons are still lacking, I recently made a dagger build with vagan daggers, and crit is so much better than a 2H weapon there's practically no reason to do a 2H build unless you want weapon range.

**Are there more plans to balance 2H weapons?

**Will there ever be cloaks in Path Of Exile? I would gladly pay 100$ for a supporter pack with cloaks...or probably even for an MTX. Nothing cooler than the bandana MTX, cloak is all we need!

**Any plans to allow upgrading/downgrading the tiers of items in the game? Example: Tiger Sword + New godly rare orb = Lion Sword I loved this in diablo2, I'm sure there would need to be a limiting factor or a risk involved, or a huge rarity, but yes, any plans for something like this?

**Any plans for set items? I always loved set items.

**Any plans for a permadeath arena in hardcore, preferably with the ability for players to schedule their fights and make bets on them. Also, winner gets to keep the loot of the person they kill. Need to have incentive to fight.

**Any plans for a giant neon snail or slug pet with glowing eyestalks? I'd pay a lot of money for one.

**Masters are cool, their quests however are horribly redundant and boring, not even sure how to fix this I have no good ideas on it, but would like to know if there's any plans to polish them further or reduce the monotony of doing their dailies over and over, or feeling obligated to sit in 820 all day and disrupt enjoyment of the game just to level them. I'm at the point now where I just join people's L8 masters for their L76 zones just to get exp (Zana is the only one I don't have at L8) and that's not really a very fun way to play the game.

Thanks for taking the time to ask our questions!!! You guys are doing great!

Is there any plan to implement a dedicated, slotless offhand item for 2 handed weapons much in the same vein as Quivers are for Bows. Preferably an item more defensively focused than quivers (which are quite offensive), as most 2 handers of every description A) lack stats (read HP and resistances) necessary to play in melee range and not instantly melt and B) instagib themselves on reflect far too frequently.

Just a thought :D
"If you’re incompetent, you can’t know you’re incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is." ~David Dunning
"
Broxxxigar wrote:
(PVP is not an event, its waste of time and resource for 99.95% of population)

Please do proper statistical calculations before just spitting out numbers pretentiously acting like you know better than everyone else. PvP population is closer to roughly 10% that of races this season.

Although 10% is quite a low percentile, its important to note many people belonging to this statistical population care dearly for this aspect of gameplay. I myself would not play this game without hopes for better pvp in the future.
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
During the development of PoE , have you ever considered porting your game over to the consoles ? Will there be a new weapon/armor types in the future ?
HI GGG Team,

When and if will there ever be a level cap increase and will that depend on new game difficulties/new chapters?

Will there be any game engine visual improvements, or visual upgrades to chapters, also will there be any additional visual setting options, would love a SSAA x1-x2 option if possible?

Can you divulge any info on new cosmetic items that will be released this year or that are related to promotions or support packs?

Will you ever release a mobile stash box or a one time use stash box, that can be used while playing the game within the chapters, it's another fast way to store loot quick while still playing the game?

Thank You
Are there any plans to change Extra Gore from being a bool to allow it to stack when you have the Extra Gore MTX and Extra Gore on equipment?

the final area in act4.... what area level will it be

can i create a unique that has mod
"any map that drops will never be more than 2 levels lower than the map you are currently in"

Last edited by vapor on Feb 23, 2015, 12:03:25 AM
When are the quality of life issues going to be addressed?

Color blind changes, the particle issue (Rain... the rain.), color of currency needs to be changed so it's easier to see.. etc.

That's really all I want. Sure other things would be nice, but I'm not asking for the moon here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info