unique items *no longer updated*

hmmm, if you try to adjust its dps for culling and the +str, you'll get something like 177 dps. The best a rare can manage at that level is around 100.

I don't really see something like this deciding a medium-length league, because everything about those is decided by what happens past level 60. But it would absolutely decide a 3 hour league, or *shudder* imagine even what would happen in cut-throat. Flicker strike limb-splitter.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
my uniq claws are ready and they are coming on 9.12! :)
they got something intresting features..i wont tell what, you need find it to see :D (lv64 claw)
ic
"
Myrmi wrote:
they got something intresting features..i wont tell what, you need find it to see :D (lv64 claw)

such a tease
"
Myrmi wrote:

I love you.

Now I'll just need to farm until I get them after the patch.
Limbsplit will be ner.. I mean be tweaked before open beta. If you guys have any other thoughts on unique items that are over or underpowered, please let us know.

Omnitect of Wraeclast
Damn. I hate the "N" word. :(
Astramentus: I love this thing to death, but I'm wondering if the ability for 1 item to give access to every skill gem in the game is balanced... I mean, I can't fathom ever getting rid of it once I equip it. Are there level 70 necklaces that can even compare at all?

Carnage Heart: I like it, but it seems like a huge trade off for a small gain. Since you'll be effectively giving up 1/4 of your HP, it'd be nice if you could be slightly less likely to be bursted down by spells? Trade the +to all resists to +3% maximum to all resists? I suppose the issue with doing that is... the more uniques that have that stat, the possibility of someone acquiring 100% resist in one resist or more becomes possible.

Demigod's Presence: I think this should at least give an additional +15% to item rarity. Or how about +15% to item quantitiy? Otherwise it just seems like cosmetic fluff :(... not really "prize-worthy".

Voll's Protector: I see a lot of people that get this unique... aren't excited by it. It's very interesting, but kind of difficult to use. Would you consider having it add +18% to Power Charge duration? Power Charges are awfully hard to stack up.

Facebreaker: Love it. But... if fists REALLY do have 0% base crit chance, is there any way the gloves could at least raise this to 1-5%? Instead of forcing us to use elemental hit. Oh and... maybe this is just a bit much to ask for, but I know many people will be tempted to use unarmed + shield, since "Dual wielding unarmed" has no innate bonus. It'd be nice if the gloves did grant people who "dual wield unarmed" a small bonus attack speed or something.

Crown of Thorns: This would be a lot more interesting item if it returned 5% of the damage taken back to the opponent and incurred an additional 5% to you. A flat 5 damage makes this... kind of boring. Basically "Pain Attunement" the helm.

Malachai's Copper Mask: I love the idea behind this item but is the +100% cost really necessary? You might as well use blood magic support gems because you're giving up a whole item slot for very little gain. Could you reduce the mana cost to 75%? Or instead, have it increase the user's maximum life by 10%? Or how about a flat 50? Honestly, I'd trade the lightning resistance, strength, and spell damage for an interesting life-based mechanic to go along with the blood magic, like... 1% of spell damage heals you? Or... a decent flat sum of health regenerated per second, like 10 (600 life regenerated every 60 seconds). What about 1% of life regenerated per second, while your energy shield is greater than 0?

Redbeak Rusted Sword: Seems like a pointless newbie-twink item. I'd love to see it get some more interesting stats. Every low level unique is a potential build-enabling item, in theory.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Aug 13, 2012, 12:38:12 AM
"
anubite wrote:

Demigod's Presence: I think this should at least give an additional +15% to item rarity. Or how about +15% to item quantitiy? Otherwise it just seems like cosmetic fluff :(... not really "prize-worthy".

It's fine as it is. It's a symbol of hardcore victory. It's extremely rare. It has a very cool property that confers no in-game advantage. This is important. This is the ONLY item that will carry over from Closed to Open.

"
anubite wrote:
Redbeak Rusted Sword: Seems like a pointless newbie-twink item. I'd love to see it get some more interesting stats. Every low level unique is a potential build-enabling item, in theory.

...One of the builds of the week has something to say about that.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
anubite wrote:
Astramentus: I love this thing to death, but I'm wondering if the ability for 1 item to give access to every skill gem in the game is balanced... I mean, I can't fathom ever getting rid of it once I equip it. Are there level 70 necklaces that can even compare at all?

I think this depends on your point of view. I think a mediocre combo of other stats can pretty easily beat +120 all attributes.

If you make that 120 all-stats into:
+60 life
+60 mana
+240 accuracy
+24% melee physical damage
+24% evasion rating
+24% energy shield

There are actually quite a lot of possibilities for a rare amulet to be better in any of my builds. Although admittedly right now, if I had an astra I'd be using it. Because I don't have anything better quite yet.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Aug 12, 2012, 11:06:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info