New Skill Development - Part 2

"
"The possibility of having "Warcries" not be spells or attacks was suggested during development"

Does that mean that we cant use warcries with totems? I was kinda hoping to
That also means no echoing of self-cast EC :(
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Just a thought, why not instead... fix armour?
Blasphemer!
"
Redblade wrote:
"
PsOfOs wrote:
So now when devourers with powewrfull crits and extra damage in a vulnerability map pop, we self cast endur

Can't cast when dead...
But you can:
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Interesting.

Maybe Immortal Call should be tagged as an "War-cry" as well?

I think immortal call is way to OP as it is, complete immunity to physical damage is just ridiculous.
instead what if while IC is active any physical damage you take is applied to your character as a Physical Damage Over Time (but not increased by the attacker's increased DOT modifiers) over x seconds.

I think it would make things like life regeneration/leech and heal over time flasks more way more powerful and interesting.
Interesting read, enjoy the insight.

As far as Warcries not being Spells… we'll see I guess. Way too early to judge, but if they remove the CWDT classic combo, I hope they have some plans for replacing it.

Team Won
GGG, consider removing the cwdt support gem.

Also, many players have been complaining that the game has become a casual-fest. This may be part of the response to those concerns.

I agree with this change to eliminate the unhealthy situation of CwDt-EC-IC...

But removing Cast tag on EC also means no spell-echo support for EC

Which would make self-cast EC a very slow and painful game-play experience,

especially for players who get 6 or even more endurance charge.

I would suggest that either allow echo to work with war-cry

or at least significantly increase the effectiveness of EC to gain charge.
rip cwdt enduring cry?
"
Gotta love how stable the metagame is in PoE.

LOL.

I hope everyone's ready to completely start over, not just in terms of character but in terms of build philosophy, ideas of 'good' items and the usual BS of 'relearning' skills.

The trigger gems were a mistake to begin with.

It'll be interesting to see what mistakes they make this time around.

Yeah... there have been too many mistakes, and their cumulative effect is such that I can't enjoy the game any longer. I will be waiting patiently for PoE 2.
Nerfs CWDT which, while being slightly OP, was fine.

Doesn't nerf CoC which is broken as f--k with skills that cast/attack multiple times per use.

NICE...
Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart/Iron Fortress too!
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Just a thought, why not instead... fix armour?

Why the armour system is the only thing in this fantasy aRPG that is the way it is to be as fitting to IRL as possible and in being so is as non fantasy, non aRPG, non working and simply broken as it is; is just beyond me.

I have to agree. Just imagine a world in which GGG removed immortal call (or made self-cast only), made endurance charges buff armour value and then made armour worth using...

Seems a more direct way to address what this gem seems to be trying to address, without running the risk of introducing something else that is not used (because I wouldn't want to risk my immortal call duration to use an alternative warcry vs enduring cry personally).
"
Rory wrote:
The possibility of having "Warcries" not be spells or attacks was suggested during development; This would mean they can have a very fast use speed, as they wouldn't be affected by Cast Speed from the passive tree or support gems. This would make them better for attack characters that have no increases to Cast Speed. It would also mean that Enduring Cry and the new Warcry skills aren't affected by "Cast" trigger gems, which solves a problem discussed earlier.

I hope you guys go with the option that has more downstream design space, rather than constrain your thought process to how well they work with existing mechanics. Don't be so conservative to keep something from reaching its potential.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info