New Skill Development - Part 2

Slowing the enemies movement speed is an interesting prospect, what i love about that spoiler tho was a new way to deal chaos damage, enemies explode with chaos damage on death, very fun looking.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
"
Raghin wrote:
Slowing the enemies movement speed is an interesting prospect, what i love about that spoiler tho was a new way to deal chaos damage, enemies explode with chaos damage on death, very fun looking.

Gimmicky - Melee builds are not flexible enough for anything but the strongest defensive abilities. Like trigger gems, 99% of these will be phased out before the player hits maps, especially in hardcore.
Last edited by Breakbeat on Feb 16, 2015, 10:49:20 PM
SICK
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Yea get rid of the cast on trigger because melee characters need that final death knell of a nerf...
Saved
this one's cool!!! much sicker than that the taunt one (y)
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
So spell echo + enduring cry wont work anymore?
RIP my Burning Discharger once again :(
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Just a thought, why not instead... fix armour?

Why the armour system is the only thing in this fantasy aRPG that is the way it is to be as fitting to IRL as possible and in being so is as non fantasy, non aRPG, non working and simply broken as it is; is just beyond me.

I can't disagree too much here with this. Armor needs a bit too much investment for it to actually start to work, and that's mostly pairing it with Endurance Charges because those actually act as flat damage reduction so that armor can begin to mitigate properly. Otherwise it's 'crushing blow' over and over again or stack to high heaven for when you really need it, and pray you've got elemental resists above 75% to cover everything else that armor can't help with.
Before EC is taken off CWDT, you simply have to do something about the shit tier balance job that has gone into leap slam packs (frogs, goats to lesser extent) and devourers.

Seriously, do not take EC off CWDT before you do that.
another chaos damage source, and for melee?! this is going on my death`s oath edge of madness character!
"
davidnn5 wrote:

I have to agree. Just imagine a world in which GGG removed immortal call (or made self-cast only), made endurance charges buff armour value and then made armour worth using...

Before they even introduced the CWDT gem we had to manual cast, and you know what? It didn't take 2 weeks to get to 100 or 2 days to reach end game maps.

"
GGG, consider removing the cwdt support gem.

Also, many players have been complaining that the game has become a casual-fest. This may be part of the response to those concerns.

I'm thinking this is what they had in mind when they did this.

I do agree with the insta-rip complaint though, how on earth do you stop Croaking Chimeras and super fast Devourers with + dmg/speed/cast mods in maps? Until they figure this out, I would at least leave IC as a spell as a temporary solution.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??
Last edited by StrayYoshi on Feb 16, 2015, 11:49:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info