New Skill Development - Part 2

I'm really hoping some of these warcries are useful to a summoner. If they all have a taunting effect it's going to be depressing. It would be nice to have an extra buffing skill for your minions, especially during those early levels.
The more More you have, the less Less matters
You guys need to focus your "Development" to fix the desync.
Dear GGG. I've started new character and i want to change my opinion against new changes.

YES! warcry gem, and not a spell gem.
NO! keep triggers work.

I can cast it manually and i have lot of armour but some builds like glass cannons must have it triggered. Same time without SPELL they not will be able to link it with SPELL ECHO to double endurance amount.

Thanks.
/1625088 - my Perandus shop
/746510 - PoE tiny service
/901183 - new contract system (Support it!!)
/1183686 - My map is MAD!
/1145686 - my Gear /899106 - my Shop
I am glad that finally something is done regarding the bug known as "cwdt + ec + ic + id".

Hopefully GGG will also take care of another bug called "crit procs status effects".
still no pure phys damage warcry so we can make shouting barbs like in diablo = poe still bad

"
or maybe simply because having characters be unkillable enables better and more effective botting (sometimes I think all the bloodlines mods on monsters is just to stop botting or slow it down).
This actually is very true. I know how bots work. And I can easily tell - every new HC league is worse and worse for botting, with great spike from invasion (ultra powerfull mobs, who can kill mindless bot easily), beyond (spawning ultra powerfull mobs, who can kill mindless bot easily) and now, bloodlines with necrovigil (which I think no bot is able to do properly), bearers/pulseblood/heralds/order (bots cant kite), phylacteral bullshit (bots cant target proper mob) and livingblood/voidspawn (ultra powerfull mobs, who can kill mindless bot easily)

Im pretty sure they thought about botting when constructing those mods, because for players they mostly are only a pain in the ass, but they easily can stop a bot.
I mean, who was excited to see a necrovigil pack who had to be kited the whole fucking map.
dont like war cries cus most of the time are usless vs unique monsters witch are the most dangerous and usually u fight them 1 vs 1
Regarding cast when damage taken and enduring cry and immortal call.

The issue with this particular setup is NOT enduring cry, its immortal call.

Id agree with warcrys not being considered spells, but more on this later.

Id propose the following changes to immortal call:
instead of granting 100% phys imunity for X period of time id suggest-
+ 3000 armour
+ % more armour (levels with gem)
+ X more max resists - including chaos (levels with gem)
+ X duration per endurance charge (levels with gem)
+ X temporary ES (levels with gem)
These could be multiple gems if you like but immortal call in its current incarnation is broken.

On warcrys:
we could use a warcry for generating frenzy charges and one for power charges too.

We could use a node on the tree(around scion) for cool down reduction.

We could use nodes on the tree (around marauder) for area radius.

Id change 'cast when' gems to be 'activate when' gems, unless some one can tell me a good reason why 'activate when' whould be a problem with mele/ranged attack skills. Obviously this wouldnt work for cast on crit or cast on mele kill but i see no problem with changing cast when stunned or cast on damage taken to activate to allow the use of mele/ranged skills.
"
bigolbear wrote:
Regarding cast when damage taken and enduring cry and immortal call.

The issue with this particular setup is NOT enduring cry, its immortal call.

Id agree with warcrys not being considered spells, but more on this later.

Id propose the following changes to immortal call:
instead of granting 100% phys imunity for X period of time id suggest-
+ 3000 armour
+ % more armour (levels with gem)
+ X more max resists - including chaos (levels with gem)
+ X duration per endurance charge (levels with gem)
+ X temporary ES (levels with gem)
These could be multiple gems if you like but immortal call in its current incarnation is broken.

On warcrys:
we could use a warcry for generating frenzy charges and one for power charges too.

We could use a node on the tree(around scion) for cool down reduction.

We could use nodes on the tree (around marauder) for area radius.

Id change 'cast when' gems to be 'activate when' gems, unless some one can tell me a good reason why 'activate when' whould be a problem with mele/ranged attack skills. Obviously this wouldnt work for cast on crit or cast on mele kill but i see no problem with changing cast when stunned or cast on damage taken to activate to allow the use of mele/ranged skills.

Your max lvl is 73. In such case you didn't tried this game as well as someone who have 90lvl +-. So you can't have an opinion about gem balancing.
/1625088 - my Perandus shop
/746510 - PoE tiny service
/901183 - new contract system (Support it!!)
/1183686 - My map is MAD!
/1145686 - my Gear /899106 - my Shop
"
_Aldheart_ wrote:
Hash, guys, you argue like it were a matter of life and death.

I had played poe at its’ open beta phase and there was no cast gems and not so high dps build. IF someone wanted go "rly high dps", it was cost of low defence and/or survivability. THAT TIMES I think, people was more focused for parties.

possible... YES, THE CWDT/EC/IC/ID is really USEFUL, but in fact, it’s a bit "far too good",

I would vote for more hardcore or skillful and party gameplay rather than casual it. And I hope, that PoE will evaluate to be better and better. =)

There is zero skill involved in one shot deaths from always hit skills on a character that is primarily based on evasion. It's just a matter of life vs damage.

THAT is the problem. The damage from players and monsters has gotten way out of control.

As for open beta - players could run an offensive and a defensive aura without a bunch of gear and passive node gimmicks. Players abused the gear and nodes available, and so auras got whacked.

CWDT and IC /EC shouldn't be whacked, without some alternative or major rebalancing of the game by GGG. Let's imagine for a moment that there were zero resistances in the game, but there was an Elemental Immortal Call and Enduring Cry combo. Now imagine that Evasion was Elemental Evasion with resistance to elemental damage as Armour was to physical, and that strength didn't give any boost to life. You might begin to see the problem then.

The extreme levels of damage players and monsters deal out needs serious nerfing. Triggered offense combos really don't make much sense, in terms of how much extra damage they add.

After that, balancing would be much more simple. The key to balancing melee vs ranged is really applying some values to the skills used so that close range gives both more physical damage reduction and some elemental damage reduction, and giving more damage. The APS rate is also severely distorting damage ratios and needs to be dialed back. Single target attacks need to do far more damage and AOE less damage to rare and unique mobs.

I agree skill should be involved in defense, not just gear stats, passive nodes and how fast you can click a movement skill.

I have faith in GGG's efforts to improve the game. I really hope they give things a decent test run with the alphas and listen sincerely to the feedback. I'd rather wait three more months to have it done right.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Nice!, Can't wait to try that out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info