GGG, Can you pleeeease give us better info on minion damage scaling changes?

"
There are builds that are faaaar more OP than srs bro, you can +3 staff and link empower to things other than srs... oohh and they wont be nerfed at your higher levels. Low life srs needs expensive gear (shavs) to be an affective all around char and cant run as much iiq/iir unless you want to insta die from chaos.. soo thats enough of a nerf already. Whoopty doo if it can have a niche purpose of killing atziri quickly, that same atziri build is usless anywhere else.... make atziri more resistant to srs if thats the problem, dont nerf my expensive ass gear.

oh i dont doubt it for a second , since my example taken with any elemental spell in the game could yeild a 6l with level 28 spells in it.

All i am saying is that ggg is selecting a poor method for nerfing srs , they simply should not be a fire spell, remove that fire component , and rebuff their damage , and the problem resolves itself without hurting poor players

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Doesn't need Shav's. At all. You can build SRS cheap and still be effective.
good too see you again good sir.

indeed the only major gear requirement of srs is investment in the staff. in terms of gems it is far more flexible than traditional summoners and for every gear slot appart from the staff it is as cheap as or cheaper than the traditional summoner, just get life and resists and the rest works itself out through normal gear progression.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 20, 2015, 7:26:40 AM
Purity of elements and dicipline so you can actually survive any relevant maps and have iir/iiq. So: alphas howl=haste, reduced mana, purity, dicipline and then in another 4 link= reduced mana, blood magic, clarity, hatred.
So ya like i said, no nerf needed. Google "shatter chuck" nerf that crap before srs jeez
You don't need Purity of Elements. At all. The build literally has zero unique requirements, you can get resists off gear.

Discipline assumes ES base. You can, and probably should, go life with this build. You can respec if/when you get Shav's.

You are not entitled to IIQ/IIR stacking.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 20, 2015, 8:10:47 AM
Disagree, anyways maybe I will just respec to one of the 50 other builds that are more powerfull than when SRS was in its "prime" that did not get nerfs... 2 minute uber atziri void battery runs here I come!.....or maybe just quit and give ggg no more $. The simple fact is: SRS is not PVP viable nor more powerful than many other builds, so why nerf it if its not affecting anyone elses game experience? just to be trolls? because it noooo fair?
Like I said, in that build, Empower too stronk. Bring Empower's effect down a bit and that's the only issue.

I'd like to see about a 15% damage buff of glvl20 SRS, coupled with about a 15% damage nerf of glvl28 SRS. glvl24 is probably good where it is. Make other supports a little more viable.

It should remain a Fire skill. The staff itemization is cool.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
remove the "fire" attribute and you are ok.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
remove the "fire" attribute and you are ok.
No.

No no no no no.

I mean, we have a unique thing going on here, itemization-wise. +3 fire staff with no spell damage on it? We have someone who will want it. That would all go away if SRS lost its Fire tag.

And it wouldn't do anything about the Empower issue. At all.

That suggestion is decidedly the worst thing you could do for SRS in terms of the health of the game.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Heh, I think I got it in the bag :)

The problem with empower is +gem level is too damn powerful. So, why not giving it 20 levels like other gems but have its bonus increase every 10 levels or something.

I don't like the idea about removing fire tag either, for pretty much the same reasons.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 20, 2015, 10:46:11 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You may be doing it wrong. Or perhaps I am. Let's compare notes.

The auras, in order of importance, are:
1. Clarity. No mana, no spirits.
2. Hatred (with Generosity). SMS damage scaling is primarily physical, not elemental. You will be running Multistrike and Melee Physical supports. You will get a lot of increased physical damage as Multistrike levels. SMS has 70% damage effectiveness, which cuts flat elemental adds by 30% (less) but doesn't impact Hatred that way. One Hatred is about three Angers.
3. Haste (no Generosity). You cast faster (not too much, you're stacking cast speed already). Spirits attack faster (noticeably since they have trouble stacking attack speed). Spirits move faster, getting into melee faster. These three small benefits stack up to have more impact than Anger.
4. Anger. Already discussed.
5. Wrath. This one is almost a joke. You're going to be using some kind of Lightning skill with Elemental Equilibrium and CoH+ElemWeakness, which is going to grant -100 to fire/cold but only -25 to Lightning. (Minions do not trigger EE.) If Hatred is 3 Angers then it is about 6 Wraths.

Since 4 & 5 are joke damage compared to Hatred+Haste, you don't really need more than 3 auras (1 of which is Clarity) to make the build work.

the reason to go lowlife in the first place is to get insane dps via the extra aura. hence it is much more expensive then the life based version. yes u can make do with just anger/hatred + haste. the point im trying to say was, u need GG gear and invest a lot to even dishh out the potential dmg of srs. but at the current state where no one can actly afford a +3 6l staff, lvl4 emp and 21/20 srs gem. the life based build with a +2 5l/6l staff is the only way to go for normal players and it is not that effective as it once was (but still good). i know cause i played the build from using 5l +2 to a 6l +3 staff, life based to es based(both pre 1.3 and post 1.3). the nerf, from my personal experience, hits hard for lower budget version, and also a bit less for the high budget version. all in all, i think it is much stable atm and does not need a nerf, and more like it needs a tiny buff on the gem say lvl20-lvl23. idk something like that.

and no i don't agree tho about removing the 'fire' tag on the gem and buffing the dmg overall. one of the reason is because it'll be too OP (investmnt vs reward wise). it will just be like when the gem was introduced. saying that u can get like a lvl28 gem result but with say only a 6l +1 staff (super common). u NEED to invest a lot to a build to get the best result, thats whats poe is all about. the build works with a mid budget gear but not as good as it used to be. although it is good as it curently stands. no major buff or nerf needed. maybe a few tweeks here and there
Last edited by xiltex on Feb 20, 2015, 10:58:19 AM
"
raics wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Heh, I think I got it in the bag :)

The problem with empower is +gem level is too damn powerful. So, why not giving it 20 levels like other gems but have its bonus increase every 10 levels or something.

I don't like the idea about removing fire tag either, for pretty much the same reasons.

the problem is, u need to invest a lot to get lvl28 gems in the first place bruh (look at my previous post). and i dont think its OP at the current state. look at ghazzy newest uber kill vid. a lot of investment, and still dies a lot. DPS IS STILL LACKING even with lvl28 gem. not to mention the build is a bit of a glasscanon. now look at mjolner builds. 100% phys and ele mitigation, dishes out crap load of dmg. goes balls deep on every uber runs. now thats broken. heh
Last edited by xiltex on Feb 20, 2015, 11:01:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info