GGG, Can you pleeeease give us better info on minion damage scaling changes?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
There's a complicated forumla with several inputs, one of which is level.

Nice, I just love complicated formulas. Sooo, if you could be so kind to just drop in the formula and parameters we'll just be on our way to the nearest excel table. Problem solved.

Unless those parameters are confidential, of course, but I don't really see why would they be, one of them is level, as you said, and the other ones are probably starting value and factor for the scaling curve.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 3, 2015, 7:14:57 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
The point is it's _so easy_ to just pull values from a table they literally already have. The servers already know how much SRS base damage exists per level, and it would take Rory 2 minutes to pull it for us.
No, that's not how this works. There is no such table. There's a complicated forumla with several inputs, one of which is level. The server runs this to work out the stats of a monster at the time it's spawned. The final values are not in some easy-reference table we can just copy from. The only way to get this information is for someone to either calculate it manually (prove to error) or to spawn them at every level and work out the stats they have (via observation, or in the case of coders, adding logging or breakpoints to the client to let us see the numbers).

I'm busy with stuff for the upcoming patch at the moment, but the desire for more updated minion values has been noted.

Thank you. It's a bit fascinating that you're balancing these values without numbers to look at (which makes me more confident in my claim that the balance team is looking at the bullshitastically-high dps that people like ghazzy still claim), but I appreciate everything you said and will wait patiently from now on.
Last edited by codetaku on Feb 3, 2015, 8:29:17 PM
STOP NERFING SRS! Srs is a joke now, it wasnt even overpowered to begin with....work my ass off hundreds of hours to make a good build so GGG can jack it from me. D2 didnt need balancing and neither does this, thats enough already with the nerf swinging, your just going to lose more and more player base every time something is nerfed... who cares anyways? Were fighting npc's its not like eve online or something where an overpowered item would actually affect other players experience. Make your nerfs effective in pvp arenas only please.
"
STOP NERFING SRS! Srs is a joke now, it wasnt even overpowered to begin with....work my ass off hundreds of hours to make a good build so GGG can jack it from me. D2 didnt need balancing and neither does this, thats enough already with the nerf swinging, your just going to lose more and more player base every time something is nerfed... who cares anyways? Were fighting npc's its not like eve online or something where an overpowered item would actually affect other players experience. Make your nerfs effective in pvp arenas only please.

srs is still one of the easy ways to farm uber... i really dont think you have room to complain .

curse the gods that srs works in a +3 staff and that empower can go to level 4 because those are what are fucking you over bud.

and no % base damage nerf will change the fact that a level 28 srs in a 6l staff is simply too many levels on a 6l staff.

hell a 5l searing touch staff will make you dangerous

yay for corruptions and level stacking and rich people ehh?
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 19, 2015, 12:42:52 PM
There are builds that are faaaar more OP than srs bro, you can +3 staff and link empower to things other than srs... oohh and they wont be nerfed at your higher levels. Low life srs needs expensive gear (shavs) to be an affective all around char and cant run as much iiq/iir unless you want to insta die from chaos.. soo thats enough of a nerf already. Whoopty doo if it can have a niche purpose of killing atziri quickly, that same atziri build is usless anywhere else.... make atziri more resistant to srs if thats the problem, dont nerf my expensive ass gear.
A level 28 SRS should not do 70+% more damage than a level 24 SRS. 50% more at most, which is still amazing because +level also boosts SRS life.

1.1^4=1.4641. So about 10% more damage from one gem level to the next, for gem levels above 23 or so.

The problem is not SRS. The problem is SRS with heavily boosted Empower support. Target nerf - or buff? - accordingly.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 19, 2015, 11:24:28 PM
...as it should be, leveling empower to 4 takes an eternity (1000+hrs?) and then you need a decent +3 staff...soo about 50ex? +shavs soo another 50ex? Srs was not overpowered when you consider the amount of time and effort required to make it good. So again i say, no more srs nerfs.
Doesn't need Shav's. At all. You can build SRS cheap and still be effective.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
played SRS at 1.2 and 1.3. life based version looses a ton of dps due to less auras. and it wasn't spectacular dmg. low life version has highr dps but u need tons of investment. nerf lvl28 gems? what u think u can get lvl 28 gem setup that easily? 6l +3 staff is expensive, lvl4 emp takes eternity to lvl (and lucky corupts), same thing for 21/20 SRS gem, 6l shavs for auras. FFS mjolner is much cheaper and it alone can dishes out tons more dmg, PLUS HP VERSION ALSO WRECKS. 1.2 srs was good, but not that OP compared to what other players claimed. 1.3 is less desirable due to investment vs effectiveness, even with lvl28 gem. plus, the build is glasscanon. on topic, better info on minion dmg is much needed due to build planning. especially for end game content stuff. sory for my bad english. im from garena server.
You may be doing it wrong. Or perhaps I am. Let's compare notes.

The auras, in order of importance, are:
1. Clarity. No mana, no spirits.
2. Hatred (with Generosity). SMS damage scaling is primarily physical, not elemental. You will be running Multistrike and Melee Physical supports. You will get a lot of increased physical damage as Multistrike levels. SMS has 70% damage effectiveness, which cuts flat elemental adds by 30% (less) but doesn't impact Hatred that way. One Hatred is about three Angers.
3. Haste (no Generosity). You cast faster (not too much, you're stacking cast speed already). Spirits attack faster (noticeably since they have trouble stacking attack speed). Spirits move faster, getting into melee faster. These three small benefits stack up to have more impact than Anger.
4. Anger. Already discussed.
5. Wrath. This one is almost a joke. You're going to be using some kind of Lightning skill with Elemental Equilibrium and CoH+ElemWeakness, which is going to grant -100 to fire/cold but only -25 to Lightning. (Minions do not trigger EE.) If Hatred is 3 Angers then it is about 6 Wraths.

Since 4 & 5 are joke damage compared to Hatred+Haste, you don't really need more than 3 auras (1 of which is Clarity) to make the build work.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 20, 2015, 7:16:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info