Why did you or your friend quit playing POE?

Friend quit because he felt the game was unrewarding. We were playing up to Act 3 Merci and he got zero unique drops, was kinda meh experience for him.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
I come and I go but I haven't really quit this game. The reason I eventually take a break is I get bored of my characters and don't feel like starting a new one with whatever the current content and game mechanics are. I also like to do this totally evil thing where I *gasp* play different games for a while.

The one friend I got to play PoE played a couple chars through normal and then stopped, not really his type of game I guess.
I have quit when they kill aura build at 1.0 after 2-3 week. Came back 6 month later and I still love the game
Have fun! And go buy my stuff...

Shops: 522765 / 1094567 / 1147014
-bad animations => boring casting animations/spells (max 3 boring cast animations for ALL spells for the witch for example)
-combat feedback still from beta
-fast movement/manual dodge based gameplay gets punished cuz:
-dsync
-path of trading more rewarding than playing the game
-and more stuff

i wait for lost ark, i think it will fit my taste more though i will come back from time to time to poe, like when new chapter 4 is being released.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
"
Spysong192 wrote:
-bad animations => boring casting animations/spells (max 3 boring cast animations for ALL spells for the witch for example)
-dsync
-and more stuff

i wait for lost ark, i think it will fit my taste more though i will come back from time to time to poe, like when new chapter 4 is being released.

me too. Waiting for LOST ARK.
Im a casual player. Spend like 2hours at day only. And the only 6L I get is a tabula. I think that is a too much hard to link a 6S and for me ... Well Im tired to spend all my time trying to see 6 holes connected. Month after month. 1500 fusings istoobig number for me. I repeat that cannot spend more than 2hours at day. Well Im not a lucky player. POE is a great game and I still playing it but ready to download another game like lost ark when I can I quit
path of trading
no endgame content
boring after ranged 50k aoe dps
"
HRDL wrote:
"
Spysong192 wrote:
-dsync
-and more stuff

me too. Waiting for LOST ARK.
Im a casual player. Spend like 2hours at day only. And the only 6L I get is a tabula. I think that is a too much hard to link a 6S and for me ... Well Im tired to spend all my time trying to see 6 holes connected. Month after month. 1500 fusings istoobig number for me. I repeat that cannot spend more than 2hours at day. Well Im not a lucky player. POE is a great game and I still playing it but ready to download another game like lost ark when I can I quit

D3 is for casuals, i play it when i wanna blow stuff up. POE is about trading and grinding,g both are not my thing, i do love the build diversity.
Of all the friends I've gotten in to this game only one quit and it was because he got a job promotion around the same time his third child was born, there was just no room in his life for poe.

Myself and all my friends that still play don't trade and all but one of us play hc temp leagues.

I may be more selective in my friend inviting than most though, all of them were d2 players for years. This game isn't meant for everyone.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
I've introduced 3 friends to POE, only one of them quit - he started playing D3 RoS. He simply lost interest, I suppose; I suspect he is somewhat of a game hopper cause he also stopped playing d3 not long after.

As for me and my friends that stayed, as long as there are new temp leagues every 3-4 months I believe we're not going anywhere.
Because after multiple seasons, I was starting to experience burnout.

Gimme a league off or 2 (especially when A4 shows up), and I'll return.
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info