Why did you or your friend quit playing POE?

I quit because the game is too MMOish. I don't like the itemization much. I also do not like the constant changes to builds.

But considering that I'm more of a Titan Quest type of player (playing it still today) it would make sense that POE is not my favorite ARPG.

Grim Dawn on the other hand is like striking gold for someone like me. I've sunk way more hours into GD than POE.

Things that did not bother be though was desync and trading. I spend hundreds of hours in POE with very little trading and it was bucket loads of fun!

The gem and skill system is a lot of fun as well.
"
Nutius wrote:
"
Hyskoa wrote:
Had so many friends quit, it's incredible. Here's a random few:

8) Everybody he knew was RMT'ing, he didn't want to rmt to keep up.

Pssst! Don't name and shame yourself.

If I had money for that, I'd buy an SSD first. And a new computer first. Maybe food before all of those.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Maah boyz mostly left because grinding is so slow and hard and booring most of the time. Also they dont like the lag/fps drop/desync. But yeah there is no place in this game for casuals.
Few friends quit this game because its too grindy for casuals and uhmm, yea the creators are living up to the name Path of Nurfs every single patch.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)
Actually introduced me to the game when it was released and they were a part of open beta then proceeded to quit a few weeks later... They're Game-hoppers that don't really stick to a game for long but keep coming back and quitting every few months or so. But here I still remain ...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
Look at all the crying! =D

On a more serious note...
How can GGG "nerf my build"?
That must only be limited to Standard?

I mean they rarely change anything except with major patches and with major patches we get skill reset. I had a Burning Discharge-char. Got a bit bored with it. Then they "nerfed" it. Got skill reset. Made a new build. That was like bonus-funsies right there! I find it strange that someone would find that to be a bad thing *shrug*
--== Enjoying the game ==--
I stopped playing PoE last week because an HC character I had died and I haven't had the urge to start a new one. I wont say I've quit playing PoE... just waiting for the right urge to start a new character. That's the way it should be. I don't feel compelled to play.

Right now, I'm playing TQ;IT for the nostalgia and a break from PoE. I really wish I could get D1 to work, but I don't have it in me to figure out how.
because of the nerfs, because ggg is not able to balance the game
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Jan 28, 2015, 10:42:38 AM
"
Twiiik wrote:
Look at all the crying! =D

On a more serious note...
How can GGG "nerf my build"?
That must only be limited to Standard?

I mean they rarely change anything except with major patches and with major patches we get skill reset. I had a Burning Discharge-char. Got a bit bored with it. Then they "nerfed" it. Got skill reset. Made a new build. That was like bonus-funsies right there! I find it strange that someone would find that to be a bad thing *shrug*

To me its even simpler: Balance changes -> full respec -> update tree -> enjoy the same build i had before

because the game is a boring unrewarding korean grinder with contentblocking and terrible droprates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info