[Guide] Hideout References

I want to make a hideout themed after Atzoatl / "middle of the jungle" kinda vibe. I'm using tora's hideout and have trees and such that lead to the northern section across the bridge, where i've build an interior. it looks pretty ugly though, so im considering getting the vaal pyramid MTX. I'm just not sure how to build walls that will resemble the temple of atzoatl's and how to make that all fit. anyone have some advice?
hi im new in this about decorate hideout and i wondering if is able bring darkness to my hideout if i choose master Catarina ?

I dont know if is aviable put some kind of roof the effect of weather is very noticeable and rain and still have same light if even i put pillars, pillars without nothing wich roof support ?
Last edited by DarkLord07 on Sep 27, 2018, 2:46:28 PM
Updated Tora 7 and T2>T3 transitions. The new hideout has a much wider and more defined stream.

"
DarkLord07 wrote:
hi im new in this about decorate hideout and i wondering if is able bring darkness to my hideout if i choose master Catarina ?

I dont know if is aviable put some kind of roof the effect of weather is very noticeable and rain and still have same light if even i put pillars, pillars without nothing wich roof support ?

Unfortunately ambient lighting and weather effects can no be changed. Zana's hideout before 3.2.0? used to be dark but it has since been changed. Elreon's hideout is the only one that has no ambient lighting. However you will still have the character's light radius.
ho ok i see elreon hideout and yes is only hideout without iight ambient and that is exactly i looking for if not was for this very small i was think do kind vaal temple like decay temple in the act 7 where kill araakali boss
Added a new Tutorial Video for an aquarium decoration combination. Here's the showcase video with a timelapse.

Also I'm very excited for "major changes" in 3.5.0.
Last edited by Sie_Sayoka on Oct 25, 2018, 6:29:49 PM
My god. I watched your video Sie_Sayoka "Hideout Guide 08: Pipe Organ", i have no words. You probably work in real life as a designer!
🏆pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2761386 - Interview 📜
🏆Flashback SC Bestiary - Top 1 Trickster
🏆Flashback SC Incursion - Top 1 Trickster
🏆Flashback SC Synthesis - Top 1 Chieftain
⭐Competition: 3
Last edited by Path_of_DerroK on Nov 10, 2018, 1:25:37 PM
The hideout video guide is now complete. The entire series can be viewed here.

"
My god. I watched your video Sie_Sayoka "Hideout Guide 08: Pipe Organ", i have no words. You probably work in real life as a designer!

Thank you. I wanted to release a guide series before the hideout update. I'm fairly certain that the process of designing decorations should be the same or similar for whatever changes they do for hideouts.
bump
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads
With the new changes to hideouts the guide will have to be updated. I would appreciate feedback in regards to some questions as well as whatever you think would be helpful.

Over the past few years the Imgur decoration galleries only have a few hundred views at most, compared to this thread which received 265k. Because of the low view count I don't feel like it justifies creating more galleries for the new decorations. Originally, when masters first came out, these galleries had more use as leveling masters and gathering favor was a much slower process.

The hideout preview sections will be redundant as upon unlocking a hideout you are presented with the full T3 hideout. Because the player can now have more than one hideout, and there's no reason not to unlock a hideout this section will become obsolete.

Because the two above features are planned to not be updated the guide will lose some of its original purpose. I'm not sure how to proceed from here or just call the guide complete after I've finished the in-progress sections.

Leveling and other outdated sections will be updated according to the new system. Note that I do plan on adding Imgur galleries for MTX decorations as I feel this would be very useful.

1. Have you used the decoration galleries in the past and found it useful? Do you think that having decoration galleries for new decorations would be useful?

2. What would you like to see in this guide?

3. Any additional comments/feedback.
"
Sie_Sayoka wrote:

1. Have you used the decoration galleries in the past and found it useful? Do you think that having decoration galleries for new decorations would be useful?

2. What would you like to see in this guide?

3. Any additional comments/feedback.

1. To be honest, not really. I checked them out, but:
  • too much clicking;
  • usually I buy everything I can, which means I either have the decoration and can check its look myself, or I cannot afford it;
  • I usually want to check how the decoration looks like with other decorations;
  • I've already learned who sells what and I found information on the wiki more suitable for my needs.

It was very useful right after Forsaken Masters expansion was released, though. I really appreciate the work you put into making this guide.

As for the new decorations, it would be good to know what we can get from new masters, especially at their highest favour level, but I am not sure it's worth your time. I think a lot of people will have all the non-Alva decorations unlocked and they'll post them here or on Reddit.

2&3
I totally love the Light Sources section and liked the ones below. I really hope you'll update this one! Color theory also was extremely ineresting to read.

MTX decorations gallery would be neat.

As for low tier hideout preview, perhaps keep it as a little trivia to show new people how they looked in the past? Unless you've reached maximum character number in your post... You may need to create a new thread soon.

The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info