[Guide] Hideout References

Thank you, I've changed the numbers.
Jesus...the Jun lvling is a mess, the betrayal integration has been horrendous and lvling of her and your research into it, highlights that greatly.
Thanks for the info on a more reliable way to lvl her and run betrayal that pretty much avoids map other than unlocking Rin.
Any one Alpine hideout default template?
"
Norrie13c wrote:
Any one Alpine hideout default template?

poedb
Last edited by Sie_Sayoka on Mar 17, 2019, 8:34:10 PM
Update 3.6.0 Changes

Favour required: 3,024,670
Unique decorations: 128

Pastebin

The update has brought new decorations for the old masters as well as a new master, Jun. There have also been some additional variants added for some decorations.

Alva's decorations. Note the blue light source from the Mosaic Wall.

Einhar's decorations. Malachai's Dedication is one of two (the other being Vaal Vessel) that has red lighting.

Zana's decorations.

Niko's decorations. The Goddess Statue does not have the vine nor the wingless variants found within the labyrinth.

New variants. Sky Shrine Wall is still broken but at least it isn't crazy anymore.

New variants.

Iron Brazier used to have embers in it.

Mining Machinery used to have a yellow light on it.

Karui related decorations have had their color significantly muted. The Karui Carving now has a glowing eye.

We finally get a better water decoration. Water will take whatever animation that area of the hideout is coded for. In this picture the left side has none which is why it's black, the right mirrors the sea foam from the coast below. Old hideouts (ones prior to 3.5.0) will have a wave animation next to coasts if the hideout contains water.

Red carpet now has blue variants. Templar Barricade is covered in ash and no longer has white variants.

Jun's decorations are mostly from Highgate, Primeval Ruins, and the Syndicate as well as random decorations scattered throughout acts 4 & 5.

Last edited by Sie_Sayoka on Apr 3, 2019, 2:01:36 PM
Light sources has been updated.
Dunno if anyone has or wants the default Celestial Hideout but I couldnt find it anywhere so thought I would throw it here.

https://pastebin.com/3PAVtUvm

Classical Paintings

The Classical Painting decoration from Jun has, as its name suggests, classical artwork dating from the Dutch Golden Age and later which the world of PoE is roughly contemporaneous with. Whilst this subject isn't pertaining towards the creation of hideouts it is something that I find interesting.

We'll take a look at different paintings within the game and try to find their origins.

Reinier Nooms
Prinsengracht near the Reesluis, 1663 - 1664
Classical Painting 1, 11

Willem van de Velde (II)
The "Gouden Leeuw" before Amsterdam. 1686
Classical Painting 2, 16

Jan ten Compe
The Dam Square, 1744
Classical Painting 3, 9
Broken Painting 1, 2

Jan van der Heyden
The Dam in Amsterdam with the Nieuwe Kerk, 1670
Classical Painting 4, 15

Jacob van der Ulft
Dam Square with the new town hall under construction, 1652 - 1689
Classical Painting 5, 10
Sceptre of God Debris 7

Jan de Beijer

Haringpakkerstoren viewed from the IJ, 1765 - 1770

Classical Painting 8, 13

Jan Ekels the Elder
The Westerkerk, 1750 - 1780
Classical Painting 12
Broken Painting 3

Georg Sturm
Rijksmuseum Tile Tableau, 1876 - 1885
Classical Painting 14

Whilst the colors have been changed the paintings are more or less the same. I could not find the paintings for 6 and 7 although I suspect they are done by Dutch painters like all the others. Classical Painting 14 was difficult as the image is cropped and there's no images of it online.
Hideouts

Poedb has a list of all hideouts (and some unreleased ones) as well as its rarity, location, and default template.

Default Templates for 3.6.0.

Video playlist of all hideouts in the game currently (3.6.0). Walkthroughs of each hideout with and without the default decorations.

To unlock a hideout, clear the side area marked by a blue icon on the minimap. Speaking to Helena after clearing the side area is required to unlock the hideout. The only exception to this is the Celestial Hideout which will be covered later.

Hideouts can be found throughout acts with a 100% chance to spawn in the instance. In maps this chance is significantly reduced, with the "extremely rare" rarity being what I suspect to be fractions of a percent. You can only unlock a hideout once per account, afterwards it will be available from Helena.

I do not have data on percentages nor do I plan to run tests on the chances of hideouts within maps. However, I suspect the "rare" hideouts may be in the low single digits whilst the "extremely rare" hideouts may go into the fractions of a percent. In any case, if you plan to find the hideouts by yourself be prepared to run at least a hundred maps for it. Legacy maps can give the hideouts.

Like favor, it is better to run in a party. Each member will run their own map in search for the hideout. However, I suggest purchasing the hideout from global and trade 820 by using a chat filter. Try to pay after you've received the hideout as there are scammers. The hideouts can be unlocked even when the side area is cleared, all you need is to talk to Helena afterwards.

Baleful Hideout
Cartographer's Hideout
Coral Hideout
Desert Hideout
Excavated Hideout
Luxurious Hideout
Skeletal Hideout
Stately Hideout
Undercity Hideout

Backstreet Hideout
Battle-scarred Hideout
Coastal Hideout
Enlightened Hideout
Immaculate Hideout
Lush Hideout
Overgrown Hideout
Unearthed Hideout

Alpine Hideout
Arboreal Hideout
Brutal Hideout
Celestial Hideout
Divided Hideout
Glacial Hideout
Haunted Hideout
Robber's Trench Hideout
Sanguine Hideout
Sunken Hideout

Doomguard Hideout
Sunspire Hideout
Shaped Hideout

Hideouts in white are those that you should have just from doing the story (all acts).
Hideouts in blue are those you should have if you've leveled masters to at least 3 prior to 3.5.0.
Hideouts in yellow are map-only hideouts added in 3.5.0 and later.
Hideouts in orange are MTX only hideouts.

The Celestial Hideout doesn't follow the normal rules of unlocking a hideout. It is by far the most difficult and time consuming hideout to acquire. Here are the rules:

• A giant notification will appear as of 3.6.2 that the hideout has been unlocked. See above picture.
• The hideout is granted only on Shaper kill. If you join the map afterwards, without having been in the map when Shaper died you will not get the hideout.
• The hideout is granted to all players in the instance when Shaper has been killed.
• Uber Elder should give the hideout as well, although I received mine from Shaper.

I suspect that the rate of the hideout is similar to "extremely rare" so be prepared to run hundreds of Shapers. It took our party a total of 239 runs (thank you DerroK) to get the hideout. Other reports I've seen are between 100 to 200 with some lucky people getting it in only a handful of runs.
Last edited by Sie_Sayoka on Apr 5, 2019, 11:23:01 PM
Very nice work with this thread, contains a wealth of info you can't find anywhere else.

I'm particularly interested in what the recently added Haunted Hideout comes with, I'd really appreciate a pastebin for the default layout. Poedb sadly returns me a 404 when trying to download. Does it have any special decorations you otherwise can't get from masters?

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info