[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

Really like to be a summoner, thank you for this build.

I have crap gears, my level 75 Templar follow the skill tree and try it on Merciless dock.

desecrate level 71 corpses, get 4 zombies and 3 spectres. use hatred and haste with generosity. but I still see auras under my character, is that normal?
ball lightening with curse on hit, vulnerability.

I don't have a 2+ helm yet, running zombie + melee splash + minion damage + multi strike.
spectre, don't have any link, no gear for that.

helm - RRBB
Mon'treguls - RR
Armor - RG
gloves - RGG
Bones of Ullr - BBB
Matua Tupuna - BB

have no clue what I did wrong, please help me understand which part of my setup is not right.
thanks you.
I would really like to try this build, but I have some concerns:

How tanky are spectres? Will they also survive in rare high level maps or do you constantly have to recast them? And if you recast them, you have to go to merciless, thus leaving map? So if you face a very difficult map, you will run out or portals fast if you want to maintain clearspeed?
I play a summoner myself a lot and in my experience zombies will die pretty easily in rare mid tier maps even if you use enfeeble, espacially if you face certain bosses or exiles.

Why the dual curse setup of vulnerability and elemental weakness? Its some kind of anti synergie, as evengalists will deal 100% Physical and ~80%(?) elemental damage? This means, that each curse only benefits a part of the damage. Is vulnerability worth it or might a curse like temporal chain or enfeeble not be better? Espacially temporal chains can be extremly powerful if paired with increased curse effect.
Or do those 2 curses(vul and ele) maybe scale with each other, what would be gorgerous? (I doubt it)

Increased duration is for the evengalist shield only? Is this shield really that useful to sacrifice one socket? Maybe minion speed would be better, however, this would have an antisynergie with flesh offering.
"
ExiledRenor wrote:
I would really like to try this build, but I have some concerns:

How tanky are spectres? Will they also survive in rare high level maps or do you constantly have to recast them? And if you recast them, you have to go to merciless, thus leaving map? So if you face a very difficult map, you will run out or portals fast if you want to maintain clearspeed?
I play a summoner myself a lot and in my experience zombies will die pretty easily in rare mid tier maps even if you use enfeeble, espacially if you face certain bosses or exiles.

Why the dual curse setup of vulnerability and elemental weakness? Its some kind of anti synergie, as evengalists will deal 100% Physical and ~80%(?) elemental damage? This means, that each curse only benefits a part of the damage. Is vulnerability worth it or might a curse like temporal chain or enfeeble not be better? Espacially temporal chains can be extremly powerful if paired with increased curse effect.
Or do those 2 curses(vul and ele) maybe scale with each other, what would be gorgerous? (I doubt it)

Increased duration is for the evengalist shield only? Is this shield really that useful to sacrifice one socket? Maybe minion speed would be better, however, this would have an antisynergie with flesh offering.

16k hp zombies with Fortify and Purity of Elements don't go down all that fast. :)

It's the pain of playing a spectre summoner to spend a lot of time in the Tower of God (or Mines) hiring new help. :) That said, with this build your spectres are pretty solid too. Smart use of Convocation and "Animation" flasks can help a great deal as well. Biggest hassle is if you lose connection or log out, getting four or five auras going plus zombies and spectres can get pretty annoying. :)

I stuck to this build for about 20-30 map runs and a lot of Dry Lake farming, then dropped Elemental Equilibrium and Elemental Weakness, it wasn't adding that much at all with Evangelists or the zombies. Replaced EW with Temp Chains and kept Vulnerability. Clear speed was the same, safety went way up.

If I wanted to run Revenents, it'd make more sense to keep EE, but that would mean giving up Ball Lighting as a EE/curse applicator, and BL is just so much better than the fire or cold based alternatives.

But I don't use Revenents, the noise and the size turned me off them (and the recent patch change made them a lot less attractive). I'd been using Evangelists since 1.0 and like them, know how they work. They hit hard and that shield is VERY handy at times. Also much to be said for pure physical damage. And a nice safe room with closed doors in the Tower of God to summon them is nice too. :)

Increase duration for the prox shield is just a quality of life thing, if you have a 6L, go for it, but if not, don't worry about it. And yeah, Minion Speed isn't a good idea, you don't really want fast Evangelists, because that's one way to insure they die quicker.
Last edited by Capozzi on Jul 30, 2015, 1:34:54 PM
Does Rallying Cry work on zombies + spectres? If yes, is it worth to use it ?
IGN: MeShuRa
Going live on twitch now if you guys have any questions! =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I'm newbie. simple question.

are Revenants and Evangelists specific monsters? which monsters? and what's the best?

and then, Do I need to keep make spectre of that?

what if those spectre just died? go dungeon where revenants or evangelists live and get them again?

???? IS THAT SURE?

"
lapd wrote:

are Revenants and Evangelists specific monsters? which monsters? and what's the best?

what if those spectre just died? go dungeon where revenants or evangelists live and get them again?

???? IS THAT SURE?

1. Yes revenants and evangelists are different monsters. Revenants is currently the best option in most cases. These are the specters you need to keep using yes.

2. Yes, go to the same area and find/descrate corpses of those revenants again.

3. That is sure.
"
"
lapd wrote:

???? IS THAT SURE?

1. Yes revenants and evangelists are different monsters. Revenants is currently the best option in most cases. These are the specters you need to keep using yes.

2. Yes, go to the same area and find/descrate corpses of those revenants again.

3. That is sure.

thanks for reply. Im 50lv with this. good build for me(low budget and tanky).
but it is little annoying to me for re-raising spectres haha.
"
Revenants are still completely fine guys. I have tested this myself and I have had other people share their experience playing the specters as well.

The difference is now that you actually have to put a bit of effort into making the revenants strong.

1. Make sure you are using hatred

2. Use conductivity and elemental weakness.

3. Get yourself a 5-6 link item, add in LMP.

By doing this you should be completely fine. Your revenants should perform almost just as good as before the nerf.

There is no need to panic...

So wait, is that updated information in your guide aswell?

Hatred instead of wrath? Conductivity instead of Vulnerability? And which links would you get with a 5L? Spectre, Minion Damage, Chain, LMP, Spell echo ?
"
kh4zz wrote:
"
Revenants are still completely fine guys. I have tested this myself and I have had other people share their experience playing the specters as well.

The difference is now that you actually have to put a bit of effort into making the revenants strong.

1. Make sure you are using hatred

2. Use conductivity and elemental weakness.

3. Get yourself a 5-6 link item, add in LMP.

By doing this you should be completely fine. Your revenants should perform almost just as good as before the nerf.

There is no need to panic...

So wait, is that updated information in your guide aswell?

Hatred instead of wrath? Conductivity instead of Vulnerability? And which links would you get with a 5L? Spectre, Minion Damage, Chain, LMP, Spell echo ?

Well it is not in the video guide as I can't edit an already uploaded video =)

I mean to write Wrath above, not hatred - sorry for the confusion =)

5-link: Specter, MD, Chain, LMP, Spell Echo, Slower Projectiles/Lightning Pen =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info