[2.1 Video Guide] Hybrid ES/Life Tanky Zombie/Specter Summoner - The Puppet Master [HC/SC viable]

"
"
kh4zz wrote:
"
Revenants are still completely fine guys. I have tested this myself and I have had other people share their experience playing the specters as well.

The difference is now that you actually have to put a bit of effort into making the revenants strong.

1. Make sure you are using hatred

2. Use conductivity and elemental weakness.

3. Get yourself a 5-6 link item, add in LMP.

By doing this you should be completely fine. Your revenants should perform almost just as good as before the nerf.

There is no need to panic...

So wait, is that updated information in your guide aswell?

Hatred instead of wrath? Conductivity instead of Vulnerability? And which links would you get with a 5L? Spectre, Minion Damage, Chain, LMP, Spell echo ?

Well it is not in the video guide as I can't edit an already uploaded video =)

I mean to write Wrath above, not hatred - sorry for the confusion =)

5-link: Specter, MD, Chain, LMP, Spell Echo, Slower Projectiles/Lightning Pen =)

Okay, thanks! Currently running LP over LMP. I will change it tho, considering your informations :)
Hi LiftingBro :D, Im a big fan of your guides!, Im currently trying this build (witch variant) and I wanted to know if its do-able with Montregul + Bones of Ullr + Midnight Bargain (offhand) + Vis Mortis, I know that taking out the prism shield is a big hit on defense but I dont know if you can run the same ammount of auras without it, thnx in advance.
I've bumped into this by accident, but it's awesome!

I wanted to do a minion instability build which looks pretty much identical to this one, good to know that something along these lines works!

Tree for now (aiming at life only at first, will respect into life / es later):

The main difference is taking up minion instability and necromatic aegis.

I got the idea for the build after getting this lately:

I'll be buying Maligaro's Lens and probably Bones of Ullr.

Auras Hatred and Haste. I would be using Lightning ball + double curse with elemental equilibrium to boost damage from hatred (cold) and minion instability (fire).

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions/warnings please let me know, it would be much appreciated!

Although I will probably wait with it since minion instabilty appears to be bugged quite bad (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1341843). (UPDATE: Not anymore!)
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Last edited by piotras on Aug 21, 2015, 4:25:06 AM
"
piotras wrote:
I've bumped into this by accident, but it's awesome!

I wanted to do a minion instability build which looks pretty much identical to this one, good to know that something along these lines works!

Tree for now (aiming at life only at first, will respect into life / es later):

The main difference is taking up minion instability and necromatic aegis.

I got the idea for the build after getting this lately:

I'll be buying Maligaro's Lens and probably Bones of Ullr.

Auras Hatred and Haste. I would be using Lightning ball + double curse with elemental equilibrium to boost damage from hatred (cold) and minion instability (fire).

If anyone has any ideas/suggestions/warnings please let me know, it would be much appreciated!

Although I will probably wait with it since minion instabilty appears to be bugged quite bad (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1341843). (UPDATE: Not anymore!)

Let us know how it goes man =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Using this for an achievement (I hope) in warbands since summoners level fast. :) Also 2.0 messed up my old witch summoner so she is getting the axe, sad to say.

Thank you for saving me time.
Censored.
Been a while since I played a Summoner build that was back in the beta but been planning to play one again for a while and never got to it until now and just have a few questions.

1. Avatar of Fire - Someone earlier in this thread mentioned using Avarar of Fire with Revenants so you could continue to curse using Ball Lightning, Never saw anyone answer this and I'm curious about it myself as I dislike Frost Pulse and it's less efficient.

2. Why the Slower Projectiles as a 6th link? Doe's it actually allow more of the projectiles to hit by slowing them down or something or is it just for the 10% projectile damage at q20?

For those who are planning to level this build and want to see somewhat of a guide line here is my gear at level 54.

Spoiler
Last edited by Thronar on Sep 17, 2015, 6:04:51 PM
In case you guys are wondering, then yes; this is a suitable and powerful build choice for the 1-month!

Good luck! =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
In case you guys are wondering, then yes; this is a suitable and powerful build choice for the 1-month!

Good luck! =)

First things first I think the build is fun... in normal difficulty of the 1 month and is probably just fine in standard.

That being said, I would not personally suggest playing this build for the 1 month as there are many, many problems with it there, especially playing it from scratch without a stash of awesome gear to supplement it.

~ Survivability of the summons is very, very poor. You may be able to supplement that with a minion life gem, but the damage the summons do while leveling is already relatively weak. Mon'tregaul's grasp would probably help too, but that won't even come into play until late into merciless due to the high level requirement.

~ You will hit a brick wall late into cruel, especially going up against the crazy mods this weekend. Beyond spawns in some areas like the arenas of Daresso's dream in cruel are next to impossible to deal with alone, even if you have outleveled the zone and have decent gear. I had to get the help of two other people in the high 60's just to pass the last cage before the grand arena as there was about a dozen blue beyond mobs, the "boss", and a unique beyond mob as well as other trash. There is nowhere to kite to or run, and all of your summons are dead in less than a second after clicking in.

~ You have no other means of doing significant damage when your summons frequently get one shotted, as the CoH//Curse/Skill combo may be fine when you have minions, it's pitiful if it's your only means of damage, and since you use EE you're even more crippled.

~ It's a major pita finding viable spectre candidates while transitioning between normal-cruel-merciless, as the evangelists and revenants quickly become outdated betweeen difficulties. There aren't a lot of comparable mobs in the interim to best utilize your gem setup... and it's especially frustrating having to go back to a lower level zone every 5 minutes because one/all of your specs died.

~ The leveling tree works fine in standard if you have a giant stash of gear to work with, but in the 1 month unless you get extremely lucky (or have considerable help) you will really have trouble trying to keep up with the multitude of stats required to maintain the gems as well as the long distances between the skills it utilizes.. there are multiple times where you are going 5 levels in a row getting nothing but +10 to a stat.
Last edited by Eqmuraj on Oct 10, 2015, 4:37:40 PM
Hello, this is very nice build. I've been looking for Montregul's build because most summoner use Midnight Bargain while from my experience summoner already squishy and a little bit of HP help. Without using montreguls zombie always run around looking for place to hit mobs while using montreguls, time for zombie to run around reduced plus this unique make them tankier.

Because of mana constrain, i'm using skullhead unique that give minion 2% HP regen (almost the same with vitality aura). Downside, i must buy +1 level gloves to put my zombie gem. With unique jewel from quest reward that give 2% reduced mana reserved, i can run 3 offensive aura: Haste, Hatred and Anger. To make my both zombie and spectre strong, i use hatred with evangelist because they use physical damage plus their bubble is nice.

All aura reserved for offensive use, so i only use 1 curse : temporal chain for defense purpose. I drop 2 curse and 3 skill point from that curse nodes used for jewel slot instead.
Oh, because now mobs target summoner rather than minion, i use CWDT + phase run + increase duration. With lvl 20 and q20 increase duration, phase run have 3.20 duration, so i only need to wait 0.8 second for 4 second cooldown. Usually when phase run active, mobs ignore me and target my minion instead. I put this CWDT on shield because this set only need 3 gem slot.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMA34rpAkuuGyXZW20ZCPTAVGpDfRhr20yz0B_v6wQHg9tVxjpYrJh0VV8q99fMvEQEEJdNuZuhj0YdFPrSFy9k51XWgKQWb-NqJKo26acI2QsqmPqA6-4y0UVHiECmrJAzwGYEs6IA8B9o8prgRZ1TUhzcjxq4kyj6gsfT-6h9WpFqrPnoQYe3PoPMPC2DX_4K2L3yRTrhV8kNfOq6tAxGceGIHar-SYMJb57KSl-wm7XDOhmK-wn22hqPhMXK076KoS-TJ3_GwcXsGHC72RMvb4_68NVJUZUuBx4=?accountName=Landosss&characterName=landinella

That's my skill tree, i need many jewel slot to use -2% mana reserved jewel (Conqueror's Efficiency), minion speed (Apparitions), change int to dex (Careful Planning on jewel slot above Lord of The Dead nodes), and the rest for minion 10% all ressistance jewel so i don't have to use purity of elements. Sorry about my bad english, it's not my native languange.
This build is a wonderful guide and I still enjoy using it. OP, will you consider tweaking or updating it for the expansion? Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info