Race Season Ten Prizes, Patch 1.3.0k and Cheating

Man, all of this bollocks:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669
"
Chris wrote:
Trust the client. This means people can cheat, but the results are instant. We will not do this.

And it turns out that people can cheat anyway:
"
Chris wrote:
Users who ran cheating software such as maphacks have not been awarded Alternate Art Demigod's Eyes.

We need a Scumbag Steve image macro for GGG which says:

Won't fix desync by trusting client because worried that it will make it possible for people to cheat.

Possible for people to cheat anyway.
am i allowed to use my razer program? i use my tartarus for a /oos macro... please dont banhammer me for a program your partners with :(
"
Man, all of this bollocks:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669
"
Chris wrote:
Trust the client. This means people can cheat, but the results are instant. We will not do this.

And it turns out that people can cheat anyway:
"
Chris wrote:
Users who ran cheating software such as maphacks have not been awarded Alternate Art Demigod's Eyes.

We need a Scumbag Steve image macro for GGG which says:

Won't fix desync by trusting client because worried that it will make it possible for people to cheat.

Possible for people to cheat anyway.

The cheats to which he is referring are far more serious exploits than maphack.
damn all the rewards went to people in team maphack guild (no sarcasm lolol thats the real name) give me a chance guys :(
I can see a good number of those people using scripts to make their singleplayer experience more enjoyable, not giving them an unfair advantage in PVP/Races. If they had improved the undoubtably subpar UI beforehand and then sent out the warnings, the whole thing would have a better feel to it.

As it stands, they put someone who just wants a notification when particular valuable orbs drop right next to someone who indeed uses these programs to cheat his/her way to the top of the leaderboards. If laws in RL would work that way, speeding would be treated the same as murder and give you life sentence. I know GGG (probably?) has no means to check what you were using those scripts for, so the warning seems a reasonable way to approach this. An Insta-Ban would have been ridiculous imo.
More serious than a cheat that renders the outcome of an entire competitive series, with outcome dependent prizes, questionable?

Please, tell me again about these 'more serious cheats'.
Last edited by HoneyBadGerMan on Jan 19, 2015, 10:27:15 PM
Glad to see something being done about players who are cheating, especially in races. Better late than never I guess. It is very sad to see that 4 of the Top 20 players were cheating and disqualified and congrats to the legit players who actually earned their Demis. Although, their accounts have not been banned. I thought that cheaters got banned without warning like someone did in Season 9.
"
More serious than a cheat that renders the outcome of an entire competitive series, with outcome dependent prizes, questionable?

Please, tell me again about these 'more serious cheats'.

Were you around for the rampant item dupes in D2? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
That's 3912 cheaters you still allow to be in the game.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
You have bots, You have multiboxing in dominus, You have sub-economy in d2jsp, and you put in the same bag people who use those (3rd party software programs) to remove the particles, with cheaters, GG

So as I see it, you are telling 3912 people, to buy new computers in order to play your game, as you don't want to put an option to disable particles into the game ;)

Anyway, the warning was nice for those who used it.

But fight the serious problem here, not those "cheaters"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info