Race Season Ten Prizes, Patch 1.3.0k and Cheating

It's funny all the posts acting as if they are entitled to something that a cheat has to offer. I can't comprehend how people want so many things just handed to them on a plate. I agree that there are many qol features that would be great but some of these replies are disgusting.
Care to give an example, Terrex?
Most people who complained are people who used anti-particle stuff.
Are you implying an unoptimized game is a good thing?
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
after 2 years and countless closed/moderated exile.... threads ...pathetic

the warning is laughable ohh you violated the ToS for 2,5 years ahhhh dont worry here is a slap on the wrist dont do it again
hey we allow multiclienting, multiboxing is not allowed...but we cant really check that and dont care if you violate the ToS here aswell

to quote an employee from ncsoft(Lineage2) who banned botlords and got his ass reamed from his supervisor

"WE DONT BAN PAYING CUSTOMERS"

looks like its time to leave the sinking ship such an annoncement shows its even worse as we thought
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jan 20, 2015, 3:52:48 PM
"

Stop living in cavemen times and get a new computer. Stop cheating and play something how it is supposed to be played. There is no excuse.
"
terrex wrote:
"

Stop living in cavemen times and get a new computer. Stop cheating and play something how it is supposed to be played. There is no excuse.

My computer's just fine, but I can't run this game efficiently (and ONLY this game) because of optimization issues, namely that it reads from the HD rather than allocating appropriately to RAM. I shouldn't HAVE to get an SSD simply because their coding is terrible.

There's no excuse for them not fixing that, either, then.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jan 20, 2015, 3:55:40 PM
if lightning would strike you for every lie you told so far you would be toast
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
This is excellent work! Keep it GG, GGG :) <3
A meme is a terrible thing to waste.
"

TOP KEK
Too bad my caveman computer can't handle this game.
Here's my cave computer's specs:

Caveman Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Caveman CPU
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz 28 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

Caveman RAM
16,0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 802MHz (11-11-11-28)

Caveman Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z68XP-UD5 (Socket 1155) 28 °C

Caveman Graphics
IPS277 (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 3000 (Gigabyte)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 (Gigabyte) 28 °C

Caveman Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 840 Series ATA Device (SSD) 28 °C
698GB Hitachi HTS727575A9E364 ATA Device (SATA) 23 °C

rocks per second when many particles on screen: 20
Poor optimization hurts everyone.
And I didn't use any cheats. My case stands, though, that particle removal is no cheat.
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
Last edited by Obliviongamer91 on Jan 20, 2015, 4:12:44 PM
@Oblivion

Thanks for posting your specs. Proof positive regarding optimization terribleness.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
"
Grimmnyr wrote:
"
Samkiud wrote:
I really like that GGG is addressing the cheaters. Keep it clean.

Well, it's nice to get rid of the cheaters, but the zoom problem which is a problem for quite a lot of people is not addressed and most likely won't. As they said previously - the game is not meant to look good zoomed out more than it is, which is BS, I have played PoE since beta and I have used zoomhack around 90% of the time and I can say that the game looks fine if you zoom out 2-3 clicks further.
It might be fine for most people, but if you have a 17" display and you have to play on 1024 by 768, it just looks horrible and is almost unplayable as you will get offscreened all day long.
I am not trying to redeem "honor of the hackers", but it is still a factor and for as long as I won't be able to zoom out a bit further, I just won't play the game. Hopefully, I will be the only one and the game stays healthy on its playerbase.

I really hate hacks and think hackers are the lowest kind of people (well in a competitive setting anyway). But if I knew there was something that would let me zoom out more I would have used it and not considered it a hack.

When I compare the game running on my old pc compared to my brothers newer laptop he sees much more of the field than I do. Because he plays on a higher resolution he can zoom out more, and thus see more of the area. I think this is an unfair advantage because the game provides more information to one player than to another.
But then the same can also be said about those using the hack to see more than others.

Sure, using a gaming mouse with extra mouse buttons is also an advantage but the game doesn't give more if you use a gaming mouse or not. You can use all the skills as efficiently on the mouse, keyboard or heck even a controller. This is not the same kind of 'advantage' as providing one player more information.
Just wanted to say that :)
--------------------------------------
Great season! I got unlucky one time in that I got disconnected during a race and couldn't connect anymore. Not that I was going very fast but I obviously didn't achieve the goal I was going for. Really wanted to have at least 10 points for the first reward.
But thanks to some miracle I won 2 of the randomly distributed rewards this season!
Then on one of the last days of the season I still found a race I could participate in and got my 10th season point for the alternate art amulet :)
3 Race rewards this season, very happy with that. Thanks GGG!

@obliviongamer91: I would categorise a particle remover as a small tweak/mod. Not as a cheat. It's basically a graphics setting.
removing visual flair ==> not a cheat
removing visual components which in turn give you crucial information (seeing through walls in a shooter or something) ==> CHEAT!
something that solves a problem in the game ==> not a cheat
something that gives you an unfair advantage over others ==> CHEAT!

But that's how I see it. Good GGG is claryfying it (but they could clarify it even more in more detail).
Last edited by miva2 on Jan 20, 2015, 4:23:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info