DonkeyFarts Incinerator Witch/Templar/Marauder/Scion Uber Atziri viable, updated as of 01/11/2015

Hello Ashkatar,

I have a 5L Cloak of Defiance (cant afford 6L obviously), what support gems would you recommend for my incinerate gem?

Thanks!!
"
GGSenPai wrote:
Hello Ashkatar,

I have a 5L Cloak of Defiance (cant afford 6L obviously), what support gems would you recommend for my incinerate gem?

Thanks!!

On paper, it would be best to drop faster projectiles/added cold damage green socket for the last 6th link, as the other 5, inci-spell eco-faster casting-gmp-fire pen provide the highest damage, but, when I was on 5l i personally was using faster proj instead of fire pen, simply because that increases the inci coverage area and that allows you to clear maps faster, if you'r planning to run just the atziri I'd recommend the first option, if you plan to map mostly, the second version.
Thanks for the info!!! I really appreciate that!!
Tried uber twice, both completely different scenarios. Really frustrating.

First time, I ripped instantly to the fast worm things. Didn't realise their phys DPS and I suspect that my unreserved mana is nowhere near enough at 764/2,775. I went back and was deathless to trio. I died 3 times in trio like an idiot. Blew up titty bitch, then the dual guy by accident and then died in the spinners black stuff. I went back in and insta died because he was right next to the door and span through me. I went back and he had literally 1hp and killed me again. I went back and finished him off, went to Atziri herself deathless but got unlucky with the map in that I couldn't fill both VM shells, only one. So I lacked DPS and ripped twice. She was down to 25%. So close. If the second VM shell was full I think I would have done it.

Second time I went back, I was deathless up to trio. It takes me a while to clear all the adds because my AA constantly switches off because of the unreserved mana being low. I went into trio, instantly blew up titty bitch and then instantly died to something. I don't know if it was some rain I didn't dodge or what, but instantly dead. Now I know both my VM shells are empty which is a huge problem. I go back in and manage to kill the cycloner and die again. Just the cleaver guy to go. I activate all my buffs, go through the door and all of my buffs have switched off. Absolute bullshit. I instantly rip. I go back again and just can't do anything because of the amount of adds, black shit on the floor and the dual guy. I ask an uber runner to try for me and he can't even do it because I've cleared everything up to the boss to fill my VM shells so he can't get endurance charges up and instantly rips.

Sad times.
Yeah basically read my uber guide, as far as I could understand you did the worst scenario where you left cycloner as the last add, i myself die sometimes to him once if I leave him last. First of all, are you using rumi flask in there? It's a very massive deal because it adds a very large amount of block which adds to your survival, also yes, 700 mana is very low, as some of the hits in there DO take that amount of mana off, and NOT the 930-1k! So yeah you need more there as well. Also as I pointed out in my guide, you need to be filling the second vaal gem as you have filled the first one, in all the zones. What does that mean, when you are clearing the first zone before vaals, when you first vms fills up, switch it with the second and give it some souls, than switch back the first one for boss, etc. As I said in my guide, whether you fill 2 vms in the zone JUST before atziri is entirely rng how the zone generates, sometimes you can do it, other times you cannot. But, as I also said, everything comes with experience, with practice you will find this run easier when you learn not to do this mistakes ;) Even leaving cycloner isn't that much of a problem as long as you move well, movement is absolute key in uber instance, as there IS NO BUILD out there currently, which can safely just stand in all the damage sources and "survive" it. Maybe some rediculous amount of block build with very low dps or that vaal immortal call for 20sec, but I don't like either of them honestly. PS those snakes sometimes do puncture and chaos dmg, which is why you probably instantly died, you took some burst dmg, paniced, started to run, puncture raped you. But yeah you gotta keep snakes and mace guys at distance they can easy 2 shot you.
Last edited by Ashkatar on Mar 17, 2015, 10:36:51 AM
"
Ashkatar wrote:
Yeah basically read my uber guide, as far as I could understand you did the worst scenario where you left cycloner as the last add, i myself die sometimes to him once if I leave him last. First of all, are you using rumi flask in there? It's a very massive deal because it adds a very large amount of block which adds to your survival, also yes, 700 mana is very low, as some of the hits in there DO take that amount of mana off, and NOT the 930-1k! So yeah you need more there as well. Also as I pointed out in my guide, you need to be filling the second vaal gem as you have filled the first one, in all the zones. What does that mean, when you are clearing the first zone before vaals, when you first vms fills up, switch it with the second and give it some souls, than switch back the first one for boss, etc. As I said in my guide, whether you fill 2 vms in the zone JUST before atziri is entirely rng how the zone generates, sometimes you can do it, other times you cannot. But, as I also said, everything comes with experience, with practice you will find this run easier when you learn not to do this mistakes ;) Even leaving cycloner isn't that much of a problem as long as you move well, movement is absolute key in uber instance, as there IS NO BUILD out there currently, which can safely just stand in all the damage sources and "survive" it. Maybe some rediculous amount of block build with very low dps or that vaal immortal call for 20sec, but I don't like either of them honestly. PS those snakes sometimes do puncture and chaos dmg, which is why you probably instantly died, you took some burst dmg, paniced, started to run, puncture raped you. But yeah you gotta keep snakes and mace guys at distance they can easy 2 shot you.

I run both gems 100% of the time, I just got unlucky that there weren't enough adds by the time I got to Atziri after Trio to fill both my gems.

With regards to the Rumi no I wasn't using one, I went into trio with 2x HP, 1x ruby, 1x granite and a movement speed flask and when I get to Atziri I usually run 1x hp, 2x ruby, 1x topaz and a move speed. I'll take a look into the Rumi's, which flask do you drop for it?

With regards to the order, the first time where I was successful I left the cyclone til last by accident but the second time I killed titty bitch -> cycloner -> went to do the dual cleave guy but he one shot me every time. Which is weird because in normal Atziri he can't touch me.
Last edited by ZarlakRC on Mar 17, 2015, 12:02:33 PM
yeah basically on uber atziri, there's no point to use topaz flasks for her, because unless you get 90-92% lightning res without flask up, her lightning spells can still easily one shot you on crit, unless you'r at 8-9+k, so it's pointless, rumi on the other hand is VERY good, especially if you'r on standard where you can get a legacy roll one, that block increase makes a very big difference on all boss fights you will notice it. Also, I wouldn't use 2 gems for all bosses because it's kinda pointless, the first two fights should be relatively " short" but more of a burst who kills who first. That is exactly why I use increased duration gem for them, because it allows the vms to last long enough to be sure to kill all trio bosses 90%, 10% of the time i would fail or some bad rng movement from them. If you use 2gems during those fights, it's actually bad, because the time you cast it, is the time you are both not applying dmg AND are standing still, and in uber atziri that is a deadly combination, you always need to be either applying dmg or moving.

And you are correct about the duo claw one, he shouldn't be one shotting you, I'd guess perhaps you stood on something rather deadly or your aa turned off from mom passive? ;p

But yeah, that's the downside of not having enough mana unreserved, your aa would sometimes turn off making things even worse.

Also, if you would like, a good test of whether or not you are yet able to do uber atziri, is taking off a bunch of life/reses in your gear, and going into the normal version at non capped reses and less life than you would otherwise have, and have one or two friends afk in the instance. I more or less knew what I was doing in there on my first attempts in this build simply because I have killed her uber version many times before, but it is probably more difficult for newer players, so again, practice also makes a very big difference.
Last edited by Ashkatar on Mar 17, 2015, 1:03:49 PM
Wouldn't it be better to ignore RF, get rid of the life regen nodes, get more cast/ spell/ fire dmg nodes or defense nodes and get vaal pact?
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
"
Wouldn't it be better to ignore RF, get rid of the life regen nodes, get more cast/ spell/ fire dmg nodes or defense nodes and get vaal pact?

Well first of all, a lot of life regen nodes, give us other benefits as well, such as for example Quick Recovery node, 6% life, 20% mana regen, 0.6% life regen, or Arsonist, 24% fire dmg, 1% life regen, etc etc, the only "weak" life regen nodes, there are only about 2-3 of them tops. Taking them off would mean we cann't use rf AND cannot POSSIBLY cover up for that loss of damage, so it's not as simple as dropping rf in the old rainbow nuke build for example.

IF you would like to have an effect similar to one of the Vaal pact node, whereby your hp is either always full, or you are dead, you could use life on hit gem, in your 6l instead of fire pen, I actually tried it on a 150%+ 78 palace map with increased proj and bloodmagic, and i did not die to the boss. It's a pretty crazy healing if you use that, i'd say it's even more than if you were using life leech vaal pact, simply because of the mechanics of incinerate gmp. If i'm not wrong, it's 55 life on hit on 20/20, and you have 5 projectiles, 14.5 casts a second, that's over 3k life every second and if you'r hitting multiple enemies that's even more so. But taking vaal pact would 100% NOT be worth it, the amount of damage you would loose from rf would be HUGE (61 MORE spell dmg + 21% buff from inner force). The only way i could see it being worthwhile "dropping" rf for more damage, is when you get either insanely good shield, or have two pretty damn good wands both with leech, lots of spell power t1 cast speed, but even than you would barely maybe at all reach the dmg you lost, at the cost of loosing a lot of your survival.

It is my personal opinion, that in current meta of spell casting in poe, you either go crit in VERY expensive gear (mirror rings amulets + acuity) OR you go rf with non crit build and stack life regen/mana regen/mind over matter. I could easily change my current incinerate for fireball/arctic breath and the like of other spells and it actually would work perfectly fine for clearing maps, I do that every now and then when I get bored of incinerate.
Last edited by Ashkatar on Mar 18, 2015, 11:08:59 AM
"
Ashkatar wrote:
"

Well first of all, a lot of life regen nodes, give us other benefits as well, such as for example Quick Recovery node, 6% life, 20% mana regen, 0.6% life regen, or Arsonist, 24% fire dmg, 1% life regen, etc etc, the only "weak" life regen nodes, there are only about 2-3 of them tops. Taking them off would mean we cann't use rf AND cannot POSSIBLY cover up for that loss of damage, so it's not as simple as dropping rf in the old rainbow nuke build for example.

IF you would like to have an effect similar to one of the Vaal pact node, whereby your hp is either always full, or you are dead, you could use life on hit gem, in your 6l instead of fire pen, I actually tried it on a 150%+ 78 palace map with increased proj and bloodmagic, and i did not die to the boss. It's a pretty crazy healing if you use that, i'd say it's even more than if you were using life leech vaal pact, simply because of the mechanics of incinerate gmp. If i'm not wrong, it's 55 life on hit on 20/20, and you have 5 projectiles, 14.5 casts a second, that's over 3k life every second and if you'r hitting multiple enemies that's even more so. But taking vaal pact would 100% NOT be worth it, the amount of damage you would loose from rf would be HUGE (61 MORE spell dmg + 21% buff from inner force). The only way i could see it being worthwhile "dropping" rf for more damage, is when you get either insanely good shield, or have two pretty damn good wands both with leech, lots of spell power t1 cast speed, but even than you would barely maybe at all reach the dmg you lost, at the cost of loosing a lot of your survival.

It is my personal opinion, that in current meta of spell casting in poe, you either go crit in VERY expensive gear (mirror rings amulets + acuity) OR you go rf with non crit build and stack life regen/mana regen/mind over matter. I could easily change my current incinerate for fireball/arctic breath and the like of other spells and it actually would work perfectly fine for clearing maps, I do that every now and then when I get bored of incinerate.

Thanks for the insight, your way makes a lot more sense now. Planning on building this later on.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info