DonkeyFarts Incinerator Witch/Templar/Marauder/Scion Uber Atziri viable, updated as of 01/11/2015

Do you recommend your build without the scold's bridle mechanic as a viable means for atziri mutilation?

Is the incinerate dps enough on its own to allow you to live without a high life pool?

I am thinking about builds for the next leagues where scold's will most likely not be present.

Gratz on the op-ness of this one!
I'm using this spec and it seems to work fine. Because of new league It's kinda hard to get good gear, but yeah. I only use molten shell when I'm about to fight Trio for the extra damage. My gear and gems are like this..

Atziri Normal easily done deathless. For Uber I probably only need the Scold's Bridle and then I'm good to go. Nearly 900 unreserved mana, but my gear is worth a lot of exalts.

Spoiler
Last edited by Synicale on Apr 5, 2015, 11:35:28 AM
"
Synicale wrote:
I'm using this spec and it seems to work fine. Because of new league It's kinda hard to get good gear, but yeah. I only use molten shell when I'm about to fight Trio for the extra damage. My gear and gems are like this..

Atziri Normal easily done deathless. For Uber I probably only need the Scold's Bridle and then I'm good to go. Nearly 900 unreserved mana, but my gear is worth a lot of exalts.

Spoiler

Yeah that is impressive gear for a 1 month league! Thanks for the reply... What is your tooltip with RF?
"
Synicale wrote:
How the fuck do I sustain RF? I'm on 1 month league.

My gear is this.

Spoiler

I even took an extra 0.8% life regen on tree but it isn't enough. I also have mana problems when running purity of fire so COD is like.. out of the window. The only thing I can see which can boost my fire res is purity of fire, but i'd need it like level 21 with +2 level gem to be able to handle it.

Level 75 atm and working my way up to the aura effect node.

sorry guys didn't notice messages,

you can't sustain because your purity is "low" level, you can sustain rf without "inner force" nodes at level 20 purity, and for inner force you need empower 3+purity of fire 21, so there's your problem bud ;)
"
fizzoman wrote:
Do you recommend your build without the scold's bridle mechanic as a viable means for atziri mutilation?

Is the incinerate dps enough on its own to allow you to live without a high life pool?

I am thinking about builds for the next leagues where scold's will most likely not be present.

Gratz on the op-ness of this one!

Yes i'm currently playing my build at 1mhc, going strong, just i'll never try uber ;D

4.7k tooltip atm with rf on, at level 83, level 19 gems with barely any q. got 4/4 over this weekend, gona be farming up and trying to get some upgrades for rares, might try putting atziri on farm, but you know with those bloodline mobs it'll always be sketchy, so i'll wait abit for a few more levels. Note that quality on main gems, echo, faster cast, gmp, faster proj etc adds a ton of damage because it's 10% cast speed all over the place, and as i said, best dps increase for this build is cast speed.

ps updated skill trees with my current one on hc race, main difference being 211% life now in final form and inner force taken out, since i won't be hoping to get 21purity+empower 3, although might pick it up if i actually do survive into 90s, never played hc before though so i'll probably eventually rip before i get into early/mid 90s. If reached into 90s, should honestly be pretty damn unkillable unless you don't press bleed flask on 20 stacks or run as mad on puncture, or try to do uber lol. But duno should be safe as hell, easily 6.3-6.6k hp in mid 90s.
Last edited by Ashkatar on Apr 5, 2015, 11:54:29 PM
"
Yeah that is impressive gear for a 1 month league! Thanks for the reply... What is your tooltip with RF?

6.3k Currently. Will probably raise over 7k when all my gems hit 20. Scolds would further raise that a lot, but it's so expensive. :l
"
you can't sustain because your purity is "low" level, you can sustain rf without "inner force" nodes at level 20 purity, and for inner force you need empower 3+purity of fire 21, so there's your problem bud ;)

Yeah, turns out I was being stupid. Noticed I had Innerforce and didn't realise it effected how much Righteous Fire damages you until Global Chat told me. Level 19 RF and level 2 empowers so far. :(

Is it worth changing some stuff? I need better DPS if I wanna do Uber but I don't see Scolds Bridle being very possible to get without 50+ exalts laying around. Everytime I save 20, I end up spending on gear upgrades lol
Last edited by Synicale on Apr 6, 2015, 5:36:22 AM
@Ashkatar

Hey man, awesome guide u got here, good job.

I have recently made the build in std with some slight changes:
- using Carcass instead of CoD for more VMS dps
- using a very nice wand instead of doryani sceptre
- using a normal belt instead of doryanis belt

Taking under consideration the above changes i made I wanted to ask some questions:

1) How do u feel the life leech in high maps (palace/courtyard) and uber atziri with only 2% from weapon and belt? I currently use life leech on incinerate (as i m not using doriyanis stuff) and i m thinking of dropping it for another dps gem and use doriyanis stuff.
Whats your opinion?

2) Why do u pick Unwavering stance? With high enough AA (24+lvl) u never get stunned from scolds. Do u pick it for general purpose?

3) I use 2x Ruby flasks and i dont use any life flask, would u suggest dropping one ruby for a life flask? (popping the ruby u unleash ~550life/sec to freely regen you which is equivalent more or less to a life flask)

4) Why do u prefer CoD over Carcass? with enough regen from gear you can sustain high lvl AA, do u really need the MoM buffer when having ~5,5k life?

5) In Build Mechanics section u mention Vaal Molten Shell: 66,923dmg. Is that with conc effect+incr dur+empower? I have read somewhere that spell echo does some crazy stuff linked to vms (it doubles the explosion) but i havent tested it yet (read it 30 mins ago). Could it be more dps to link vms+conc effect+spell echo+fire penetration?

Thats it for now, i will be very glad for your reply.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Last edited by nel0angel0 on Apr 6, 2015, 4:14:17 PM
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
@Ashkatar

Hey man, awesome guide u got here, good job.

I have recently made the build in std with some slight changes:
- using Carcass instead of CoD for more VMS dps
- using a very nice wand instead of doryani sceptre
- using a normal belt instead of doryanis belt

Taking under consideration the above changes i made I wanted to ask some questions:

1) How do u feel the life leech in high maps (palace/courtyard) and uber atziri with only 2% from weapon and belt? I currently use life leech on incinerate (as i m not using doriyanis stuff) and i m thinking of dropping it for another dps gem and use doriyanis stuff.
Whats your opinion?

2) Why do u pick Unwavering stance? With high enough AA (24+lvl) u never get stunned from scolds. Do u pick it for general purpose?

3) I use 2x Ruby flasks and i dont use any life flask, would u suggest dropping one ruby for a life flask? (popping the ruby u unleash ~550life/sec to freely regen you which is equivalent more or less to a life flask)

4) Why do u prefer CoD over Carcass? with enough regen from gear you can sustain high lvl AA, do u really need the MoM buffer when having ~5,5k life?

5) In Build Mechanics section u mention Vaal Molten Shell: 66,923dmg. Is that with conc effect+incr dur+empower? I have read somewhere that spell echo does some crazy stuff linked to vms (it doubles the explosion) but i havent tested it yet (read it 30 mins ago). Could it be more dps to link vms+conc effect+spell echo+fire penetration?

Thats it for now, i will be very glad for your reply.

Thanks a lot in advance!

1) It's a mistake many people make, you need a lot of life leech if your build is early game. When you reach high numbers of dps even 1% life leech can be enough to sustain you, look at rainbow nuke build for example, only 1% in belt and it holds perfectly fine. In incinerate's version, well, i'd say it's enough, but that's also why i like doryani and belt so much, fire leech is good, but my build's dmg about 40% is lightning+cold, so having global 1% ele leech on doryani's very nice. But at 20/20 gems etc i think you should be fine.
2) I pick unwavering stance for 2 reasons, one is uber atziri, where everything stuns you unless you have it, even with the stun mitigation nodes in witch tree you will be stunned all the time. And two it helps a lot with desync if you are skipping packs of monsters etc. If you are not planning to be actively farming uber with this, than sure you could loose those nodes, reach marauder hp through armour, and take all those fire nodes on top instead with the skills you freed up. Maybe take off something else somewhere to reach the last fire node on top of witch tree, but that wheel is insanely good, the left side of it.
3)I personally really got used to insta 1k heal divine flasks with bleeding mods, but that's jsut me, although i'm sure they saved me many times from deaths.
4)I prefer cod because it is a major defensive milestone of this build, without cod you will be taking a LOT more damage from all sources of it.
5)I have actually never tested spell echo but feel free to, and yeah that tooltip is with all the gems in, with those +4 gloves it's 98k'ish. If echo worked, i duno what i'd do tbh maybe i'd use it, but maybe not, because the only gem i would replace it with is increased duration/second vms, i think conc effect probably gives more dmg to it too, although i might be wrong. It would definitely be very strong though if it did work.
Last edited by Ashkatar on Apr 9, 2015, 11:26:39 AM
"
Synicale wrote:
"

6.3k Currently. Will probably raise over 7k when all my gems hit 20. Scolds would further raise that a lot, but it's so expensive. :l
"

Yeah, turns out I was being stupid. Noticed I had Innerforce and didn't realise it effected how much Righteous Fire damages you until Global Chat told me. Level 19 RF and level 2 empowers so far. :(

Is it worth changing some stuff? I need better DPS if I wanna do Uber but I don't see Scolds Bridle being very possible to get without 50+ exalts laying around. Everytime I save 20, I end up spending on gear upgrades lol

Well if you absolutely do want to attempt uber, i would advice you try chancing a scold's in a zana map with a torment modifier, otherwise you would need some very high level rare items to survive the dmg in there, and of course move dodging stuff well etc etc. But it could be doable, i remember killing first 2 bosses with just incinerate at really bad gear and lower gems, so it should be possible, i just never tried it since without scold's cause it works well why won't i use it ;p
Thanks so much Ashkatar I'm really loving this build. I've only just started it two days ago in the 1 month event but I thought I'd post some tips for others that have helped me now that I've reached 74.

- Dealing with a 5L -
Since I'm on the 1 month my CoD is only a 5L, but I've managed to make up for the loss of fire pen by using Herald of Thunder -> Reduced Mana -> Curse on Hit -> Elemental Weakness. The curse gets applied to nearly every pack making the loss of fire pen barely noticeable and I don't have to manually curse. This is mostly doable since I don't have lvl 3+ empower gems and therefore have the free slots. I'd hope by the time I had empower in use I'd also have my 6L and not need the curse.

- Damage Reduction -
With the ridiculous amount of damage coming from the bloodlines packs using VMS can sometimes be a bit risky. Due to the rumor of the upcoming nerf to using enduring cry with CWDT I've went self cast. I don't regret this at all. With 20/20 immortal call and increased duration combined with the skill duration nodes we are already taking for VMS the IC buff lasts a very long time. Echo combined with enduring cry makes generating charges painless. I actually picked up the 1 point endurance charge we pass on the tree and am evaluating if I want another. Using self cast I can literally have 10+ seconds of IC whenever I want which gives enough time to get more charges and cast again. I've started doing this right before running into the boss/magic pack and it's amazing. I'd also like to play with corrupting a 20/20 vaal immortal call for use even tougher situations. Another possibility is using warlord's mark on the curse setup above to generate the endurance charges automatically plus getting some nice extra life and mana (technically life for us too) leech.

Finally just a small suggestion on the tree. If you're taking the 5% life nodes in the scion area you can swap them for Juggernaut and the node before it in the Marauder area and get the same 10% life plus the additional 20% increased life recovery from flasks.

Thanks again for the build, I look forward to using it again in the longer leagues where I can have time to chance a Scold's.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info