DonkeyFarts Incinerator Witch/Templar/Marauder/Scion Uber Atziri viable, updated as of 01/11/2015

Yeah, that's basically what i was using before my vms hit 20, i was using curse on hit herald of thunder in a 4l. I'm not entirely the bigest fan of it, because it doesn't work that well in long range builds, but since we'r incinerate it works great because we do run up to close range and by that time most targets are cursed already. And the IC i actually was using it self cast too for a bit on trio fight yeah, it too can work great. good advice overall for lower level of gear ;)

And about the upcoming new league, yeah i'm looking forward to see what are the final confirmed numbers, what the skill tree will be like, what's up with those gems in the skill tree etc etc, i'm sure the game will be quite a bit different and we'll see what will become weak what will be strong, but i will most probably be doing incinerate early league again for ease of atziri farming
Last edited by Ashkatar on Apr 10, 2015, 9:04:17 AM
The one thing im hoping for is that the jewels are able to roll skill duration, because the skill duration nodes have both gotten farther on the beta tree.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
Well if the change with EB that rory has so nicely proposed on forums 2 days before beta begins, actually goes through, than this build will have to undergo some very major changes, i can already see ways in which cod+mom+eb could have retarded ehp at the cost of loosing a tiny bit of damage, for a second purity + aa sustain (if they do lower the aa mana cost as they said). But the skill tree itself would possibly have to undergo some major changes, as well as the links in gear, there's no point to speculate as of now on since GGG have basically told us to fasten our seat belts for the changes to come. Hilariously, this change this idiot is proposing, could in fact not only not nerf the combination of mom+eb+aa, but in fact give it a noticeable buff, i can't believe GGG employee can be that incompetent and not see that he's actually giving this combination a buff, while nerfing all the other builds that used EB without the combination of aa+mom, it's just too funny to be true to me. Possibly gona need to drop rf though and replace Phoenix with rare shield with spell damage es + mana regen +reses on it, and a few points in the tree to account for the loss of rf, but again that only gives more freedom to pick up es/spell power/elemental damage nodes to both increase ehp and put damage back on par with rf version. But again, no point to speculate yet, but i can see this build only getting stronger, which is just dumb seriously.

I'm just putting this tree off the top of my head:
http://poeurl.com/zkp8akS

What's the result, about 15-20% dmg loss, while keeping the same life, life leech + flasks to sustain life, and life regen to sustain about 3k-3.5k es shield that's now our effective mom pool which is HUGE and absolutely plenty to soak up the damage without any worry. The ehp actually increases drastically, 175% mana regen should be plenty enough to sustain aa+incinerate alone at the same level of gear, slight decrease in life pool but at a change could be kept the same, i genuinely don't see a nerf and only see a buff i don't understand what is happening and why are they gimping so many EB dependant builds to nerf EB+mom+aa while actually as a result buffing it, i just don't get the logic. And i'm not even sure if the damage loss will be real since it'll be so much easier to get reses etc on gear, getting higher spell power cast speed rolls would become a lot easier since you will be able to afford lower res rolls overall on gear, i just don't get why they are doing it.
Last edited by Ashkatar on Apr 18, 2015, 8:32:56 PM
Removing shotgun kinda sucks. I like the idea where GMP is not mandatory for some builds, but its not case of Incinerate. Incinerate is useless without GMP because of area it is able to cover with and without it. It would take ages to clear monster pack without GMP.
"
Diphal wrote:
Removing shotgun kinda sucks. I like the idea where GMP is not mandatory for some builds, but its not case of Incinerate. Incinerate is useless without GMP because of area it is able to cover with and without it. It would take ages to clear monster pack without GMP.

Chris actually said that incinerate will be fine, i dont know what he meant by that but i stay by his words.
We will still use GMP for the aoe part of it i think. As long as you get your first vms rdy to use then u wont even need the dmg on incinerate, u just running and instagibbing everything.

Ashkatar is right, if we drop RF, we get MANY points to spend elsewhere, our survivability gets boosted and we loose a bit dps, but the goal with this build is killing with vms, so from 1m dps we do now we will do 800k no big deal.
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
Chris actually said that incinerate will be fine, i dont know what he meant by that but i stay by his words.

It probably means it'll be mediocre, as they likely prefer everything easily attainable to be.

Before the Betapocalypse peeps were already foretelling the doom of Incinerate...
Last edited by mythicalweaver on Apr 21, 2015, 10:31:40 PM
Guys, it looks like there will be a jewel corruption that gives an extra vaal soul on kills which doubles the speed of getting the VMS ready to cast again. This is really big.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
"
"
nel0angel0 wrote:

It probably means it'll be mediocre, as they likely prefer everything easily attainable to be.

Before the Betapocalypse peeps were already foretelling the doom of Incinerate...

What i understand from what he said is that they will somehow raise the base dmg of incinerate to compensate the loss of shotgun effect.
But even if incinerate damage stays mediocre as you say, as long as VMS+scolds combo stays unaffected,
we have one of the highest dps out there on a budget.
They are increasing base dmg but reducing dmg effectivness (gain from Added Lightning, Chaos dmg etc and Heralds).

But I hear they add number of projectiles as level of gem goes up. This would be huge since only reason for gmp now is aoe coverage. If they mean it seriously that GMP wont be mandatory and you could replace it with something else, it would be actually HUGE since you would get one free gem slot and wouldnt lose dmg from GMP reduction.

Not confimed tho and I'm unable to find source.
Last edited by Diphal on Apr 22, 2015, 9:56:56 AM
yeah, right now there really is no point trying to make assumptions, when the beta ends, and the new league starts, than the theory crafting and repair works can begin, but honestly i'm not really worried.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info