Mechanics thread

Deleted, missed the first line of the OP....
Last edited by Obbes on Dec 10, 2013, 12:05:01 AM
If a projectile attack (like an arrow) with a zero percent chance to pierce fails its accuracy check against a target and misses, can that same arrow then continue on to possibly hit another target behind the first?
"
Ihmoen wrote:
If a projectile attack (like an arrow) with a zero percent chance to pierce fails its accuracy check against a target and misses, can that same arrow then continue on to possibly hit another target behind the first?

No.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I am confused as to what counts towards burn damage post DoT patch. For Example:

100 Base Fire Damage
200% Critical Damage

50% Spell Damage
20% Elemental Damage
30% Fire Damage

=

400 Fire Damage + 80 dps base burn.

Edit: I forgot spell damage is specifically excluded from burn damage. I guess the only question then is critical strike damage. Would my burn be 240 dps or 120 dps?
Last edited by Malik717 on Dec 18, 2013, 11:25:57 PM
"
Malik717 wrote:
I am confused as to what counts towards burn damage post DoT patch. For Example:

100 Base Fire Damage
200% Critical Damage

50% Spell Damage
20% Elemental Damage
30% Fire Damage

=

400 Fire Damage + 80 dps base burn.

Edit: I forgot spell damage is specifically excluded from burn damage. I guess the only question then is critical strike damage. Would my burn be 240 dps or 120 dps?

400 fire damage, 120 burning (the 20% elemental dmg and 30% fire count)

Make sure its elemental damage, not elemental damage with weapon
League: Standard
IGN: IMhermes
"
raics wrote:
"
Ihmoen wrote:

No.

Do you have evidence, or a GGG quote to support this? My own testing seems to indicate that a projectile that misses DOES continue on, and can hit secondary targets and deal damage.

To test this, I isolated two Mortality Experimenter mobs in Lunaris Temple level 2, and positioned them so one was directly behind the other. When attacking the front one with a basic bow attack (not a skill gem), the arrow would most of the time hit the first one (I have a tooltip 85% chance to hit at level 79 and no chance to pierce), but would occasionally appear to travel beyond the target and hit (and appear to damage) the second. Rarely, the arrow would appear to miss both targets and stick in the wall behind both mobs. I was sure to never move my mouse in between attacks, never move myself, and the mobs themselves never moved on my screen.

This makes it seem that a missed projectile can hit other targets, but maybe this is just a graphical thing on the client end, and the server doesn't actually do damage to the second target. It would be great if I could get some official clarification of this mechanic.
"
Ihmoen wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Ihmoen wrote:

No.

Do you have evidence, or a GGG quote to support this? My own testing seems to indicate that a projectile that misses DOES continue on, and can hit secondary targets and deal damage.

I did see it confirmed in some unrelated thread but it was a fairly long time ago so there's no chance to find it. A projectile, supposedly, just looks like it continues on.

So I want to double check on how shock stacking works with Added Lightning-GMP Freezing Pulse.

What is the order in which the shock stacks come into place when GMP FP crits on a single target?

Does the target take:

1)50*5 = 250% and then 3 shock stacks are applied

or

2)50%, [1st shock stack is applied]
+ 65% [(50*1.3), 2nd shock stack is applied]
+ 80% [(50*1.6), 3rd shock stack is applied]
+ 95% (50*1.9)
+ 95% (50*1.9)
= 385%

I'm currently under the assumption its 2) due to how Vaal Pact Leech is applied vs a pack of reflect monsters (VP leech applied per reflect systematically rather than having all reflect damage accounted for simultaneously).
Last edited by Zealflare on Dec 23, 2013, 4:45:08 PM
"
Zealflare wrote:
So I want to double check on how shock stacking works with GMP Freezing Pulse.

What is the order in which the shock stacks come into place when GMP FP crits on a single target?

Does the target take:

or

+ 95% (50*1.9)
+ 95% (50*1.9)
= 385%

I'm currently under the assumption its 2) due to how Vaal Pact Leech is applied vs a pack of reflect monsters (VP leech applied per reflect systematically rather than having all reflect damage accounted for simultaneously).

Yes, it's three separate hits, each will apply shock and take advantage of the one applied by previous hit. That's the reason equilibrium works poorly with multiprojectile spells.

So, scenario 2.

Last edited by raics on Dec 23, 2013, 1:10:30 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
Zealflare wrote:
So I want to double check on how shock stacking works with GMP Freezing Pulse.

Does the target take:

or

+ 95% (50*1.9)
+ 95% (50*1.9)
= 385%

Yes, it's three separate hits, each will apply shock and take advantage of the one applied by previous hit. That's the reason equilibrium works poorly with multiprojectile spells.

So, scenario 2.

How can freezing pulse shock. Isn't that cold damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info