Let's talk about PvP

I'm one of the players, that has expressed the negativity towards pvp.

The only thing I ask is that pvp should NEVER affect pve in any way. And that has already happened. In any case, I'm glad you wrote this post, Chris, it is reassuring in some ways.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Jan 8, 2015, 7:38:43 AM
I'm really sorry for writing this, but really, this has to be written:

NEW TRADE SYSTEM.

I hope it is self-explanatory. I don't mean to nag, but this really is important thing NOW. I'm glad PvP is out, but tbh, even PvP is affected by not having the trade system we're supposed to have.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
PvP in Standard cesspit with legacy hybrid weapons and super master craft/exalt filled items? Like hell.

Been playing LLD in Torment WHEN I actually can, but its dead as hell.
Give me a way to get/expand the new hideout without playing PvP and I shall pester you no more. Right now it's like a 1/20 chance that I get a daily I can cheese my way through. Queues last indefinitely, low level or not.
"
sidtherat wrote:
so crit tornado shot now requires brain muscle?.. same with flameblast. both extreme examples of stuff in need of nerf yet being omitted from the patch notes

It's not reasonable to expect every single problem in the game to be addressed every single patch. Take a step back and watch for a while, this post is proof that they have heard what has been said.

Bring it up again later if you wish but give it some time first.
You da real MVP Chris. Always caring about the players to 100%. Impressive work both with the game and community.
Last edited by whrsmycoffee on Jan 8, 2015, 10:22:02 AM
"
Perq wrote:
I'm really sorry for writing this, but really, this has to be written:

NEW TRADE SYSTEM.

I hope it is self-explanatory. I don't mean to nag, but this really is important thing NOW. I'm glad PvP is out, but tbh, even PvP is affected by not having the trade system we're supposed to have.

That should've came first since it would affect more people.
Ok just want to share with you some of my thoughts regarding PvP.
I haven't played much pvp to be honest ... did a couple of events where i perform mediocre, last time i checked i had a Standard open character around 25th place and a low level standard character around the 30th place... i would've play more if there were more people playing ( yea i know how that sounds ).
I find the CTF and team deathmatches most enjoyable but at the same time it just takes forever to find a match .. so in my opinion they are hardly even playable at the moment .
I really like the sarn arena ... i wish that reputation was given there ... but it's still a fun thing to do even if you are not getting anything out of it.

Now many people complain about how the PvP in PoE is all about the gear. After all PoE is a hack'n'slash arpg where gear is a huge part of the game so that's absolutely normal. But is there something that can be done? Personally i would like to see an event or even a league where all characters are given the exact same gear , or a chest with random loot from a predetermined table of unique items ( just like in the Descent events ). I think it might be a very fun thing to play ( i know i would play it )
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Structured pvp will never work in this type of game, if you want pvp to be fun and active for the majority D2 model is the best, with the join public party and same instance, and declare hostility chaos and unpredictability. That forced me into pvp in a good way in d2, being hunted or the hunter, this structured, organized crap with rules and damage scaling turns so many casuals off pvp, who dont give a shit about balance, preparation and even fairness.. I dont want to waste time with strategy or pvp build , theres more than enough time needed to spend on just pve build and overcoming tree changes every patch.

for those that counter my argument with Sarn arena, its a joke, again it has no incentive and elements that d2 pvp model has to force or entice casuals to kill each other.

and those who say pvp should take some skill, if you want skill to be displayed then you shouldn't be playing PoE simple as that.

make pvp more like d2 and the public and majority will accept and participate more.

not this silly formal and regulated method.

Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info