Enki's Arc Witch Memorial Page

"
trainsayian wrote:
Against your better advice of saying this build isn't good for hardcore, I'm currently playing it right now on SSF Hardcore. I just finished Cruel Lab and got to act 8. Any suggestions you guys have for survivability? I know this build isn't optimal for HC but it's just so damn fun and I would like to make it work

He ran a MoM agnostic build a few leagues back.
"
Pangaearocks wrote:
"
Enki91 wrote:

Sockets can be ignored while looking for these upgrades, it's easier to modify them to your needs than getting the right composition of stats on an item. Just make sure that the item isn't corrupted and has either Armour or Energy Shield, or even both. Avoid Evasion gear!

Why is it crucial to avoid Evasion gear? Is it "just" due to the colours?

That's purely down to how difficult it will be to roll the socket colours you need. When you use a Chromatic Orb to recolour the slots the result is heavily biased towards the colours associated with the items requirements. So dex gear is more likely to roll green sockets, while str/int gear is much more likely to give red/blue. If you need 3 blue and 1 red, it's quite difficult (but not impossible) to get those colours on an item with dex requirements, as the game will tend to roll you more greens.
Last edited by diberlee on Jan 22, 2023, 4:36:29 PM
"
diberlee wrote:

That's purely down to how difficult it will be to roll the socket colours you need. When you use a Chromatic Orb to recolour the slots the result is heavily biased towards the colours associated with the items requirements. So dex gear is more likely to roll green sockets, while str/int gear is much more likely to give red/blue. If you need 3 blue and 1 red, it's quite difficult (but not impossible) to get those colours on an item with dex requirements, as the game will tend to roll you more greens.

Thanks. I wondered if it was something about evasion itself at first, but then figured it probably was about the rerolling cost for correct colours.

Kept playing this build a bit more, and also managed to find a 6-link body armour on the PS4/5 market for a reasonable price. However, in early maps, I was also reminded about why I stopped playing those years ago. Lack of player agency and random deaths with zero way to know what actually killed you. Several times I looked at the health bar at the end of combat, and it was at full health, then *poof* and it's instantly entirely depleted. Nothing visible on screen, and a few times not even any enemies on screen. Sure, you'll say it was some type of on-death effect, and it probably was. But I have no way of knowing that, and there was precisely zero effects on the screen or ground that I could see (on a 75 inch TV, mind you).

Looking at the forum and reddit threads that came up in searches, it appears like this "bad game design" issue has gotten worse. I wager it's not about this build, or my implementation of it (with no real budget), but about the game itself. You're simply going to get one-shot now and then from fuck knows what out of the blue, and can do nothing about it if it happens, because it's impossible to react to something invisible, or move anywhere when whatever is attacking you will one-shot you through 4000+ health, plus other defensive layers.

Earlier I had planned to buy that first blood pack (again, new account), try to get into high-tier maps. The new (for me) atlas skill tree was a big stumbling block, but that could be worked through in time. Game design cannot. So think it's best for me to just drop the game again, and play something else, hopefully more enjoyable with actual player agency. If you have no idea what killed you, cannot react to it, and therefore cannot learn either, it's just RNG whether you die or not. That's just going to increasingly more frustrating as I level up, and getting back those 10% takes several hours instead of a couple of maps. I don't want to suffer that experience again, if you can excuse the pun.

Thanks for the build, though, it was fun to play. I'm just disappointed to see the game still has the same issues it did 3-ish years ago when I last played, and is probably even worse than it was back then too. Some improvements for sure, but the core issues still remain.
You think I could get away with using a head hunter with this build?
I actually quit this build. In endgame there is just not enough damage for bosses or if you go damage you lake the defence so you get oneshotted. Way too frustrating to play.
Having a really bad time with mana usage. Watching the videos he's made I see his mana at ~100 and didn't see any mana issues. Mine is triple that even with reserve taking its chunk and I run out of mana and die frequently during maps. Am I doing something wrong? I have mana regen on gear but didn't see any on his so I'm super confused on what's going on
Hey man, coming from a relative neophyte - GREAT guide. A hell of a lot clearer than others I've seen and i really appreciate the upgrading checkpoints you lay out through the maps. One suggestion though: If a certain modifier needs a certain influence - please inform the reader of that. ex: the +1 level to all lightning skill mods on an amulet is a crusader affix and just used about 40 chaos trying to roll it on an uninfluenced amulet. This might only help the rare / random SSF player like me, but it would still be immensely helpful
"
Shiriko wrote:
This build feels so squishy, and I'm not even on t16 maps yet, its honestly frustrating

spent all the chaos and div I had and I can't even do a t13 blighted map, never had this bad a time in endgame before

You arent res capped, that should always be a #1 priority.
Hi, having a blast with this build so far! Never been so powerful before.

I don't quite understand one thing about the build. It says I should aim to summon fire golem after i get anima stone but i can't have more sockets for it. I can probably buy a ring with a socket but build doesn't seem to mention anything about it. Am i missing something?
"
gane1404 wrote:
Hi, having a blast with this build so far! Never been so powerful before.

I don't quite understand one thing about the build. It says I should aim to summon fire golem after i get anima stone but i can't have more sockets for it. I can probably buy a ring with a socket but build doesn't seem to mention anything about it. Am i missing something?

Get rid of wave of conviction and get lightning exposure on your gloves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info