1.3 kinetic arcer insane dps for lower buget =) //22.12

Alright, terrible single-target dmg aside, everything else is looking good so far.

The good news:
-Reflect is manageable. It requires 2 more things not listed in this build:
---Vaal Pact
---Berek's Grip: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Berek%27s_Grip
The unique ring is probably the best addition this build could possibly get. It's a free 5% life and mana leech.
-Also, you need:
---http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Saffell%27s_Frame
---Purity of lightning
---Purity of ice
I have not yet tried a reflect map, but I did open a rare box on a 71 map (3 player party) and TWO reflect rares spawned. I demolished the entire box-worth of mobs in 2 seconds and survived easily.

Minus max ele resist maps are still dangerous (of course)

-Recommended:
Herald of thunder, curse on hit, elemental weakness. Don't really need more crit chance that assassin's mark gives you.

Very tempted however to drop Herald of thunder and pick up Grace. Would reduce dmg but increase defenses nicely with Ondar's Guile.

I'm noticing:
-Wand nodes at top of tree are not strictly needed.
-Rat's nest is not strictly needed. I'm running this helm: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Devoto%27s_Devotion
My crit chance with 6 power charges is at 74.9%
My accuracy is at 74%
It doesn't matter. I slaughter everything except bosses. I'm killing packs in large parties faster than some players 10 levels above me (I'm 78 atm)

Wand is at:
10.40% crit
1.67 attack speed (crafted this)
30% spell dmg combined

5L volls still (obviously I could never afford a 6L)

Boots: Rainbowstride

I'm also using a Lightning Doryani's belt, which I believe is BIS (aside from headhunter lol)

My projected tree for lvl 87:
https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA34pEq4-mghDfsCycVa7Q9UGWBULbXlAwTLOus6yYEQ9fKnRVVcY6WIPbgh4UsEwtf8bBxYhCDkgRll3ycFKJ03DV8-oqC6SRfjOMNhOey70HY2HiVUsmlRa_Y0O1SDY9bWydqmyMYqzo1ud0OkJLeN2oMHHUIwW11op_KzB8UUeNv02SI_aNff_eJP3nVHcHhxOcpG-eykrDOpu1IuoqTX1brEdRTCo4qW618m6qSsg_J9i9NZKDCcDjS1fxs3gNhNkB3L6KR35lTb02vqf-j03jzeonqdsL

I wanted to run Elditch Battery + Mind over Matter + high lvl Arctic Armor, but there were some issues with that. First I'd have to drop the Phase Acrobatics cluster (for energy shield) which would be bad for reflect, second Arctic Armor does nothing to mitigate lightning or cold reflect, and third, even with EB, you surely won't have the mana needed to sustain decent Arctic Armor. You also need to sacrifice about 25% life, and probably need to run Discipline, which the build simply does not account for (you'd need Alpha's Howl and at least 12% mana reserve nodes)

Tried some other skills just for fun, obviously not as viable as Arc/Cold Snap combo, but still fun on easier maps:
-Firestorm
-Fireball (with Dragon effect!) looks good
-Ice Spear
Not sure what else to try for fun. I'd have tried Ethereal Knives, but the gem is green not blue, so I cannot unless I swap to Tabula Rasa OR go and fetch my other 3G 5L Voll's Protector from another character (too lazy to fetch it)
Maybe going to try CoC corpse explosion sometime.

Recommend running in parties (even small parties like 3 players), two reasons:
-Your dps is so high that you wipe mobs even in a fairly large group
-Almost everyone is guaranteed to have higher single target dps, the build's only real bad point, so being in a party dulls the effect of this

All in all, this build is one of the most fun I've played. Some random comments people have made in game:

"Wow"

"Nice build"

"How are you using cold snap so fast?"

edit: Oh, and somebody actually told me "Hey slow down man, you're going too fast"

edit2:
Level 80 now, currently I have 2680 HP. On paper I'm very fragile... in reality:
-I can solo lvl 76, probably 77 maps without issue provided the rolls aren't terrible (blood magic, no regen, -max resists are bad rolls etc.)
-I've taken on map vaal solo (level 74 I believe)
-Duo'd map Dominus and survived.
-Crematorium boss (in party though) map lvl 76 and survived... though this is a close call usually as the fire is really strong.
-I can hit very large ele reflect packs dead-center and wipe them out solo on 76 maps in a party size of 4 - 6 players no problem. Still haven't tried a reflect map, but I'm looking forwards to it.

I've switched back to Rat's nest... not for the crit chance, simply because I had it rolled as BBGG, whereas my other helm is RRRR... and I wanted BBGG to run Vaal Spark + GMP + lightning pen + added cold (the added cold is to freeze mobs so that if my Vaal spark happens to hit a reflect pack, I'll steal some life back), I'm aware that spell echo is very good but I want to freeze the mobs, otherwise I'd need to switch to Cybil's Claw on weapon swap before using Vaal Spark, and I'm too lazy for that. Using Vaal Spark for single target (boss killing etc.) rather than using CoC discharge. The effectiveness isn't as great as I'd hoped, but it's not too bad. Linking the combo to trap makes it more powerful, but when I tried it on Kole, the dumb brute went and bashed my trap before it could go off, so I ditched the trap gem.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Last edited by Zedda on Mar 15, 2015, 5:59:41 AM
lol i did this build like a week ago without seeing it , did a alot of experimenting with a coc build and this is how it turned out for me its quite diffrent from yours

current gear and gem setup
Spoiler

Passive tree

i did spend around 75 vaal orbs + 75 chromatics to get 3 blue , the rats cost me 15 chaos , and windscreams 30 chaos , all in all this cost me less than 10 exalts ( hardest part is getting -mana cost jewlery that adds dps got quite lucky there aswell )

i think of it as best of both worlds good single target and great convient AoE with reflect requiring a bit of attention
IGN WitchesOPnow
I've been playing with a phys kb crit wander for the past month and it does fairly well, but this build looks like a step up from it.

I was interested in doing another KB build one 1.4 drops.. think this may just be the ticket.

Thanks for posting OP!
just to inform u all =) going to make some big updates to the thread the next time

various build versions
item suggestions/pro vs cons/

also going to rework the thread with the new patch =) stay tuned
Had the luxury of a spare 6L Voll's lying about plus a shadow with a reset, so I figured I'd give this a shot. Loving it at level 60 (and climbing) - takes me back to the glory days of CoC.

question: Why do you suggest life leech as an alternative to Empower in the Voll's 6L? Given that this build doesn't focus on dealing significant physical damage, LGoH is straight up better (to say nothing of the instant lifegain helping to mitigate reflect) - or do I underestimate the physical output?
Last edited by ConsPark on Apr 13, 2015, 3:02:32 AM
life leech the gem also works for spells =) so its more usefull then the lifegain on hit(that does only work on the projectile attack kinetic blast cause spells dont "hit" (thats why they dont need accuracy =))) mfg =)
Ohh, I was under the impression life leech didn't work on spells. Gotcha.

Edit: Another question. I'm messing around with different spells for the single target Barrage-CoC setup. Barrage seems to trigger CoC extremely infrequently, even with six charges and 90% crit chance. The CoC gem is at level 14 and 56% chance to cast on crit. I feel like I should be triggering the CoC far more often than I am, which is roughly 1/4 of the time. Any ideas?
Last edited by ConsPark on Apr 13, 2015, 7:38:50 PM
u might leak of accuracy :> since crit hits are rolled twice .. 80% hit will make only 70% or less hits crit
Uploaded a bunch of video's recently. Did a 77 Zana run, showing this build vs 77 rogue exile etc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk9wytDtZBk

Average reflect pack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wpLJY0KTgA

Reflect map:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deZHyS0-wTI

Edit: a bit of an explanation as to why I consider various items BiS:
Berek's Grip: takes care of most of your mana issues, and gives you a free 5% life leech from 1 ring, assuming everything is frozen, which it usually is.
Lightning Doryani's: You're dealing cold and lightning. You usually have everything frozen, however on the occasion that you don't, and you happen to proc more arcs than cold snaps in a given period of time (be it 1 second or 5 seconds), I believe having 1% lightning leech backup is better than having 1% cold leech (cold Doryani's)

An excellent, almost essential addition to the build is to use CWDT + Warlord's mark. The instant you hit an ele reflect pack, it will spam Warlord's mark everywhere, and you will leech a lot more. No need to waste a link on life leech, and if you've got a 6L Voll's, then you can instead link Empower or another spell like Ice Spear.

Edit2:

I'm at lvl 88 now, this is one level higher than I planned on going (and at this rate, I'm going higher still) with this I was able to allocate a point into Eldritch Battery, and this allows me to run a lvl 1 Arctic armor with 20 quality, granting me an extra 8% movement speed. Just a small thing, but this build is all about speed, so it helps.
Player since closed beta 2012. Full system specs: https://pastebin.com/c4rvbvSR
'Tongueslurp the Unspeakable' - skeleton archer in Fellshrine Merciless
Last edited by Zedda on Apr 19, 2015, 6:02:43 AM
This build seems amazing and I' m gonna try this. Bump for you

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info