[1.3] pabrt's Frost Wall Kinetic Blaster - Budget Friendly!

"
"
Shaenando wrote:
@Dutch

Can you link me your skill tree? and gear? it would really help me :)

i got to level 72 as a witch but i noticed that shadow has a better start. My shadow is level 46 atm. this is the final skill tree
after i get 4/4 in the HC league im going to continue leveling.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYABbUOSA-rEZYWvyaVKlswcTY9OkJDNkV8S3hS7FVLYeJirGyMbWx59n_GjDaXl52qtDi0xcLs1CPdqOOE5Rn79aKjwcUvb9kTcLvsGAQHTLMtH5UgwfNVxoPbOlhV1mTnFy_60h0Uj0aboffXrJiApD9zmmEUsIIe42oWb5BVGjjAGmaehX0WQM5wCaBs51m89lvFKGpDwFS86msXUDBjQ0lR8NWP-nBSH0EDHicvogDhc4Kb7DixQvMRcYVG11cp73w8BZo7PV9SU5eVtUgqC_Pq9uefiHNwwnM=
134% max life
and 140% elemental damage
98% wand damage

For weapon im using a

and as helmet a

and because we hit alot this rings is also very good

For auras and buff im using Wrath, Anger, HoI and HoT.
if you need more help you can ask my in game.

sweet, thanks man, gonna try it out with one of my standard shadows, sadly i went scion on 1 month league so i can't transition there.
Poe Diary 1745234
IGN: Enefeaa
Hey, just wanted to say I used basically this build for the 1-month (softcore), blew through it with no problem at all. Capped it off by dinging 80 in a Poorjoy's, And the only items I was using which cost more than 2 chaos were a Tabula (bought for an exalt early on, sold for 30C when done) and a Thief's Torment (bought for 20C, sold for 20C when done). Literally everything else was self-found or 2C or under.

Great stuff, fun way to play for a little while, thanks for the guide!
It is a very fun build don't get me wrong. But as a guide I wouldn't really ever link anyone to this guide. It's more for veteran players to understand only. Hell even some veteran players wouldn't understand. There is a lot more people following builds than you would imagine. But if you would update this & show passive trees from 0-20, 21-40 etc, & break some things dow nfor a noobie to understand, then it would be better. Because if someone sees this and not an expert.. They wont know where to go first. There is a lot more I think you could change/add to make the guide a lot better, because knowing how I was when I was new.. I wouldn't understand where to even begin with this. Anyways besides the guide not being that helpful FOR NEW PLAYERS, the build is still very fun, unique & well thought out. And I understand if you didn't wanna get into detail/post passive trees through leveling. Either way Nice job! :)

Oh another thing. I heard other people saying Shadow is now better to start as & using it overall over Scion now. Even a guy on this post says he tried Shadow & agreed. What is your thoughts on that? And if it is better/something you can also use would you post a passive tree leveling for it as well? Anyways sorry for bothering again ^^
Last edited by Heartbound on Apr 15, 2015, 5:04:43 PM
So I saw that frost wall will get a 4 second cool down (with I find pretty stupid). If this does not get changed than this build is dead. And that will make m very sad :(
Last edited by DutchWarbandit on Apr 21, 2015, 3:41:32 AM
Well, that certainly puts a damper on the act 4 hype for me. I was going to respond to some questions and comments but now I guess I'd be better off deferring that until we know if it's permanent.

Would be really disappointed in GGG if they went through with this. I would at least like to know their specific rationale for this change and if they are aware that it completely removes this (IMO very fun and interesting) build from the game.
Last edited by pabrt on Apr 21, 2015, 4:42:33 AM
"
pabrt wrote:
Well, that certainly puts a damper on the act 4 hype for me. I was going to respond to some questions and comments but now I guess I'd be better off deferring that until we know if it's permanent.

Would be really disappointed in GGG if they went through with this. I would at least like to know their specific rationale for this change and if they are aware that it completely removes this (IMO very fun and interesting) build from the game.

I also want to know why frost wall is getting changed. The skill is not that strong or popular.
But it's still the second day of the 6-8 week beta. A lot can happen, but we can only hope.
Since Anger applies to Spells CoC Frost Wall would be OP. It's time to quit posting any builds. Because it makes it very easy for Chris, to nerf things...
"
SuperDumbo wrote:
Since Anger applies to Spells CoC Frost Wall would be OP. It's time to quit posting any builds. Because it makes it very easy for Chris, to nerf things...

While it's true that anger buffes spells in the 2.0 patch. It's not that this make Frost wall OP. at level 20 anger gives 89,5 damage to spels. The new frost wall does 502,5 damage. This is a lot higher, it's 29,5 damage now. So anger does not make frost wall OP but the big damage increase witch is around 1700%. With this increase CoC frost wall will be very OP but you can't do that because it's getting a cool down. I who'd rather have the low damage and no cool down than the new damage with the cool down.
It's not that good for damage anyway, it's better to use Glacial Cascade ( with also get's a damage buff, not that big but it does not have a 5 second cool down).

If you ask my the only use for Frost wall is with Kinetic blast.

And saying that you most not post builds on the forum is pretty stupid. Chris said on the PoE Reddit that they can find the OP builds anyway.

Quote from the Reddit.
"
-NursewithoutWound- Chris, do you know that we dont share our Builds anymore in Forum thread, in order to protect our OP builds from getting nerfed
A: Chris: Nurse: yes
A: Chris: we can still see them though
The change doesn't really make sense. Frost Wall has always been a utility spell, its damage was never the reason to use it before.

Giving it a damage buff and a cooldown does nothing to change this. It's still way weaker than every other damage spell overall because its cooldown cannot be bypassed. Because you cannot bypass the cooldown to make it a source of constant DPS, it will still only be used for its utility (or not used at all, which seems more likely IMO).

If this change was intended to nerf this build, it's not working like a "nerf" should. It is removing the build from the game entirely. This is not a healthy way of changing an existing, balanced build. No one even benefits from this change, so it's just terrible for everyone involved.

Does anyone know a way to get into contact with GGG to voice concern about this? Maybe they just don't know?
Last edited by pabrt on Apr 22, 2015, 6:11:23 PM
I was playing this build through Normal and it was a bit lackluster (because of no 5L Cast On Crit). It was probably my slowest Piety and Dominus kills ever. When I got to Cruel I heard that Frost Wall could be getting a cooldown, and I knew it'd be ages before I got a 5L (or a Tabula), so I went with Frost Wall + Trap + Multiple Traps. This actually works pretty well, probably moreso on mob packs than on bosses though. The Frost Wall traps can push mobs into the other traps, and the angle at which the Frost Walls seems to differ. So you can get a straight line of 3 Frost Walls with all of the mobs either side, then fire one KB down that line and wipe out everything.

I kind of doubt it'd match the clear speed of the build in 1.3, but at least the whole idea won't be completely busted in 2.0.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info