[1.3] pabrt's Frost Wall Kinetic Blaster - Budget Friendly!

I would suggest just using a Tabula over a 5L Voll's. There's not much, if any, benefit in using Voll's without the 6th link. Since we don't expend our power charges, the slower power charge gain of pcoc isn't a problem, and although tabula has no stats, it also doesn't reduce your mana.

The only situation I'd use the 5L voll's is if it was more expensive to get a tabula than one, for some reason (like if you already owned a voll's from another coc build).

Also I use this for chroming: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Last edited by pabrt on Mar 28, 2015, 11:52:34 PM
My Kinect Blast is costing 2 mana. (0 Mana possible)

Gear:

Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEACaALYQ3NDkgUIBSwFr8czhzcJpUqCypNKlsrUC0fLUcx-zIJNZI2PTwtPQ89_D8nP3NGcUrITP9QQlBHUUxS7FVLWGNZbVm8XfJewF8_X5hh4mKsaPJsRmznbqpvnnBScNVybHcHeA15aHxLfVt_xn_jgh6CXoMJhxOIWonTjDaMz5MnlSCWdJphm1icpJ2qoEKiLqKjqW6sR69stAy0xbXytz6-7sEEwfPC7MT2xSjGrsbYx8rJRMpKznDPMti944TvDvPq9kj2W_4K_lQ=

Anyone has thoughts on how to improve this? I feel i'm missing attack speed.
Hey guys, I wanted to vouch for this build and also bring up some of my biggest problems playing it in a new league aka without good gear resources.

So I've been playing this build on the 1 month Torment/Bloodlines league (currently lvl 68) and it's by far the biggest GPU killer I've ever seen, and I'm coming from an Arctic Breath/Fireball CoC build. When your frostwalls start proccing it's all oo's and ah's but when you fire off GMP kinetic blasts that have almost a 3 screen range on an open space map like Colonnade with tons of monsters grouped up... well forget about playing in a group.

However, it's also one of the fastest clearing builds and bar none the most fun I've had in PoE. The playstyle is quite reminiscent of Tornado Shot ranger where you just fire off into packs and everything dies, then move onto the next one.

A lot of you in this thread I've read have been trying to get into this build too early. I can confidently say that you'll need a LARGE amount of crit and decent gear before you can truly have fun with this build, since stacking frostwalls is your main damage enabler and you'll need a lot of crit in order to proc them (otherwise, you're just playing a subpar kinetic blast wander). I leveled with a completely different set of skills (lightning tendrils is OP as hell until merciless when things can kill you while you're standing there channeling) up until maybe level 50 where I could find a wand that had more than 30% increased local crit chance.

The best places I've found to level using this build are, in order:
1. Fellshrine Ruins (Act 2) - super safe, enemies take like 3 seconds to pop out of the ground, lots of nice concentrated groups of enemies, medium amount of walking
2. Southern Forest (Act 2) - my favorite, the monkies are EVERYWHERE and they will run towards you into their death, straight path
3. Any dungeon type area like Catacombs if you have 20% quality quicksilver flask to get through your frostwalls, to take advantage of the walls and tight spaces for shotgunning.
4. Ledge and Docks are last on this list because you want numerous tightly grouped enemies in a somewhat small area.

Now, the biggest troubles I have with this build are strong and/or fast single target enemies like Rogue exiles. Everything else gets killed or pushed into outer space. For reference, I'm running a 6-link tabula with KB - GMP - Power Charge on Crit - Frost Wall - Cats on Crit - Pierce. The problem comes when I engage these enemies when they're alone and I have no power charges up. Getting that first frost wall to proc can be difficult and if I get a cold streak, not only have I done no damage, but I'm also out of mana from not being able to leech off the KB hits (using thief's torment). To handle this, I'm thinking of running a spell totem with faster casting frost walls to guarantee an initial wall to kickstart wall generation. Anyone have any feedback on how effective this is?
Would Piscator's Vigil work really good for this? im playing in 1m and just bought one, would i need to change the tree?

i think i played with you in standard before, or it was somebody else, but it was really op
Poe Diary 1745234
IGN: Enefeaa
Spoiler
"
FruitPeddler wrote:
Hey guys, I wanted to vouch for this build and also bring up some of my biggest problems playing it in a new league aka without good gear resources.

So I've been playing this build on the 1 month Torment/Bloodlines league (currently lvl 68) and it's by far the biggest GPU killer I've ever seen, and I'm coming from an Arctic Breath/Fireball CoC build. When your frostwalls start proccing it's all oo's and ah's but when you fire off GMP kinetic blasts that have almost a 3 screen range on an open space map like Colonnade with tons of monsters grouped up... well forget about playing in a group.

However, it's also one of the fastest clearing builds and bar none the most fun I've had in PoE. The playstyle is quite reminiscent of Tornado Shot ranger where you just fire off into packs and everything dies, then move onto the next one.

A lot of you in this thread I've read have been trying to get into this build too early. I can confidently say that you'll need a LARGE amount of crit and decent gear before you can truly have fun with this build, since stacking frostwalls is your main damage enabler and you'll need a lot of crit in order to proc them (otherwise, you're just playing a subpar kinetic blast wander). I leveled with a completely different set of skills (lightning tendrils is OP as hell until merciless when things can kill you while you're standing there channeling) up until maybe level 50 where I could find a wand that had more than 30% increased local crit chance.

The best places I've found to level using this build are, in order:
1. Fellshrine Ruins (Act 2) - super safe, enemies take like 3 seconds to pop out of the ground, lots of nice concentrated groups of enemies, medium amount of walking
2. Southern Forest (Act 2) - my favorite, the monkies are EVERYWHERE and they will run towards you into their death, straight path
3. Any dungeon type area like Catacombs if you have 20% quality quicksilver flask to get through your frostwalls, to take advantage of the walls and tight spaces for shotgunning.
4. Ledge and Docks are last on this list because you want numerous tightly grouped enemies in a somewhat small area.

Now, the biggest troubles I have with this build are strong and/or fast single target enemies like Rogue exiles. Everything else gets killed or pushed into outer space. For reference, I'm running a 6-link tabula with KB - GMP - Power Charge on Crit - Frost Wall - Cats on Crit - Pierce. The problem comes when I engage these enemies when they're alone and I have no power charges up. Getting that first frost wall to proc can be difficult and if I get a cold streak, not only have I done no damage, but I'm also out of mana from not being able to leech off the KB hits (using thief's torment). To handle this, I'm thinking of running a spell totem with faster casting frost walls to guarantee an initial wall to kickstart wall generation. Anyone have any feedback on how effective this is?

Glad you're enjoying the build! Fast/evasive strong single targets are indeed the most difficult type of enemy for this build. A spell totem could help, as might a cwdt setup including a frost wall.

However I haven't had any trouble with them in a long, long time, so I'm guessing it's mostly an evasion issue; Inc. Accuracy also probably helps a lot. Another possibility is to run -cost elreon jewelry to get a 0 or low cost KB, then run LGoH in your links. This way even if you're missing or not getting a lot of procs, you'll be able to keep shooting.

Also it helps to fight enemies like that near terrain just to increase your initial number of hits.

"
Shaenando wrote:
Would Piscator's Vigil work really good for this? im playing in 1m and just bought one, would i need to change the tree?

i think i played with you in standard before, or it was somebody else, but it was really op

Piscator's Vigil would definitely work in this build, but I'm not sure if it would be better than a wand with elemental dmg on it though. You would need to use anger/wrath/HoI/HoT in order to maximize the damage, and elemental damage on gloves/jewelry/etc. will have increased value. You will probably need more aura/reduce reserve nodes and perhaps an Alpha's Howl etc.

Also piscator's gets a little less local crit on a max roll, so you'll have to make up for that somehow.

I've only played in a party a few times because I don't want to lag/inconvenience people, so it probably wasn't me. Anyway this build isn't OP, please don't nerf GGG!
Last edited by pabrt on Apr 4, 2015, 3:05:00 AM
"
pabrt wrote:

"
Shaenando wrote:

Piscator's Vigil would definitely work in this build, but I'm not sure if it would be better than a wand with elemental dmg on it though. You would need to use anger/wrath/HoI/HoT in order to maximize the damage, and elemental damage on gloves/jewelry/etc. will have increased value. You will probably need more aura/reduce reserve nodes and perhaps an Alpha's Howl etc.

Also piscator's gets a little less local crit on a max roll, so you'll have to make up for that somehow.

I've only played in a party a few times because I don't want to lag/inconvenience people, so it probably wasn't me. Anyway this build isn't OP, please don't nerf GGG!

:( guess ill go resell it, thanks for the reply, helped quite alot.
Poe Diary 1745234
"
Shaenando wrote:
"
pabrt wrote:

"
Shaenando wrote:

:( guess ill go resell it, thanks for the reply, helped quite alot.

you don´t need to resell it. i am using one with anger, wrath, HoI and HoT and i can 1 shot most mob packs.
it´s true that the crit chance is a bit lower but you need a very hige rolled elemental wand to surpass the dps of the piscator´s.
This build actually is pretty OP. I'm lvl 76 now and have been soloing lvl 75+ maps since lvl 73. I basically carry 6 man parties at maybe a 1 to 2 minute longer clearspeed.

Pesky bloodlines packs that are usually hard to deal with are trivial. The frost wall push effect lets you deal with things like necrovigil and frost/fire/lightning bearers easily. The insane range of KB lets you handle other things from 2 screens away.

I'm running a physical wand at the moment, but I've tried other elemental wands of the same or greater DPS and I feel like physical trumps elemental in pretty much every way. Wrath/Anger add maybe 100 elemental damage each at max level, and both cost 60% mana whereas Hatred costs the same but adds 35% of your physical which at this point is more than 100 damage for me with a fairly mediocre phys wand and will only get larger as my wand gets better. Plus, the phys dmg wand nodes are so strong (10% conversion nodes and the 40% dmg increase wheel) and phys damage works with the Blood Drinker life leech notable we got. I'm pretty sure in later levels you can transition off of Thief's torment as well and get the mana leech node/gear to allow you to use diamond rings. I'm curious as to why you said elemental is better with lots of small hits?
@Dutch

Can you link me your skill tree? and gear? it would really help me :)
Poe Diary 1745234
"
Shaenando wrote:
@Dutch

Can you link me your skill tree? and gear? it would really help me :)

i got to level 72 as a witch but i noticed that shadow has a better start. My shadow is level 46 atm. this is the final skill tree
after i get 4/4 in the HC league im going to continue leveling.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgYABbUOSA-rEZYWvyaVKlswcTY9OkJDNkV8S3hS7FVLYeJirGyMbWx59n_GjDaXl52qtDi0xcLs1CPdqOOE5Rn79aKjwcUvb9kTcLvsGAQHTLMtH5UgwfNVxoPbOlhV1mTnFy_60h0Uj0aboffXrJiApD9zmmEUsIIe42oWb5BVGjjAGmaehX0WQM5wCaBs51m89lvFKGpDwFS86msXUDBjQ0lR8NWP-nBSH0EDHicvogDhc4Kb7DixQvMRcYVG11cp73w8BZo7PV9SU5eVtUgqC_Pq9uefiHNwwnM=
134% max life
and 140% elemental damage
98% wand damage

For weapon im using a

and as helmet a

and because we hit alot this rings is also very good

For auras and buff im using Wrath, Anger, HoI and HoT.
if you need more help you can ask my in game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info