[1.3] pabrt's Frost Wall Kinetic Blaster - Budget Friendly!

From what I've found (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Assassin%27s_Mark and GGG posts) the bonus crit chance is additive, ie. it pushes us up to 100% crit chance.

That is to say, it's not 9% global crit chance (based on your weapon), it's a straight up +9% chance to crit on affected monsters, added to your total crit chance (which in our case is 95% + 9%)

Also the free crit damage is pretty good
Last edited by pabrt on Feb 22, 2015, 10:27:15 PM
Can the same effect be achieved through spell totem casting the frost walls?
Happy Kripp is happy: http://i.imgur.com/gHvzA.gif
They both use frost wall to help scale kinetic blast. However they are otherwise dissimilar.

Coc frost wall pierce scales a smaller base exponentially.
Frost wall spell totem scales a larger base linearly.

You can't substiute one for the other.
I'm trying this build and It's really good.

I'm using Tabula Rasa instead of Voll's 5L because of the mana pool, and I'm doing physical because I found a decent phys wand.

I'm using all three heralds to aid my crit attacks with elemental statuses, but I will probably remove herald of ash and herald of ice and put hatred instead.

Is the tree on main page good for physical wands?
██▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░░░░░▄██
█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
█▄░░▄███████▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄█▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄▄░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄█
██▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄██▄░░▄██▄░░▄███▄░░░░▄████▄░░░░░░▄██
For phys you need to take the wand conversion nodes next to CI, other than that it should be pretty much the same.

I'm currently taking a break from poe until act 4. When act 4 comes out I might switch to shadow, unless scion gets some buffs. The duration nodes are not really that relevant for the majority of content (though they are very cool/fun) and scion is otherwise less efficient than shadow.

Glad you're enjoying the build!
"
pabrt wrote:
For phys you need to take the wand conversion nodes next to CI, other than that it should be pretty much the same.

I'm currently taking a break from poe until act 4. When act 4 comes out I might switch to shadow, unless scion gets some buffs. The duration nodes are not really that relevant for the majority of content (though they are very cool/fun) and scion is otherwise less efficient than shadow.

Glad you're enjoying the build!

Thank you. As a Scion, what would you remove from the tree to get the wand conversion nodes?
Probably skill duration and the Wandslinger nodes by witch. I would also suggest taking Quickness by the shadow crit group, and maybe even the projectile nodes by it.

Edit: don't forget to take Tempest Blast in the big wand wheel, it's only 1 point more to get it from the ele tree!
Last edited by pabrt on Mar 20, 2015, 1:46:16 AM
Great, thank you!
Hey there, I've been following this build for a couple weeks now. In the process of trying to put it together. I gotta say, I spent 320 Chromatics on my 5L Volls to get GGGBB to no avail. Did you use Rasa intially before Volls?

Any suggestions for someone starting out this build?
"
Hey there, I've been following this build for a couple weeks now. In the process of trying to put it together. I gotta say, I spent 320 Chromatics on my 5L Volls to get GGGBB to no avail. Did you use Rasa intially before Volls?

Any suggestions for someone starting out this build?

Try using vorici's 1 Green recipe. It will cost around 214 chroms. it's still alot but the chance is higher. i got mine GGGBB in around 100-150 chroms so i was pretty lucky.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info