" The Winter-Arc Crit ": Simple, cheap, safe and high dps 30k+ ( 2.0 updated)

"
Archey wrote:
so does this build shock and freeze at the same time if running herald of ice and titan with pyre and 3 dragons?

Yes you will shock and freez
I was gone for a bit from the game but i am back and will start upgrading/testing/posting more videos .Already i got some ideas planed to make this build more pro like :)
I´m honest with you but I hope you don´t take it too hard. I only play my own melee builds but gave this one a try for the 1msc league and it is the worst build I have ever played. The dmg is low, the survivability is even lower. I don´t see any benefit in going vaal pact or eb, you run 100% life on a build that already misses 2 max life spots.
Crazy Miners Fire Nova Mines:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1595627
The Savage, Endgame cleaner:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1613272
Last edited by GGprime on Apr 23, 2015, 8:05:22 AM
man im following ur build exactly...my only problem is max life...im lvl 66 and i got 1750 everything else works fine..u get life from gear or from tree..im on my way to vaal pact now 3-5 passives untill i get there and there are some passives with %life but i dk if its enoupgh.ty man.
For the guy up top that posted a lack of damage... I have never killed myself this many times off a build due to reflect. Damage is not an issue. Im doing 8.5k at level 68.

One issue that comes into play on this build is the glass canon aspect. Once you hit merci you can kill yourself or get beatup pretty fast. You can quickly get into trouble with multiple pack mobs and your instinct is to mash the button. Things happen fast and its often impossible to see that reflect mob.

To combat this it only takes 4 points to get a 5 zombie meat shield. Thats a 25000 hp shield that will soak up alot of damage. It also gives you the extra time to identify those reflect mobs. Put the zombies on a totem and just drop one as needed. No need to keep recasting.

Im running the following

Purity of lightning
Both heralds
arctic armor
Clarity

Im using voidbringer gloves and a crit dagger and shield

Chance to crit is low 30's and damage mod is around 200%

So far its a cool build with a fun mechanic.

Thx
Last edited by Nightstone13 on May 6, 2015, 10:25:02 PM
Is the critaspect of this build worth it?? or would those few points be better used hitting some survival nodes?
To some degree the crit aspect is a survival tool for this build. Inflicting a Critical strike will then freeze your enemy preventing them from attacking you and permitting you additional time to inflict additional damage.

Now it is arguable that if you have good gear such as diamond rings, increased crit on wands, daggers and shields, then it might be worthwhile dropping a couple of crit nodes for something else and see if that helps your individual play style.

Personally my preferred approach is for as much Crit chance as possible, but keeping my Crit multiplier low. My aim is to freeze my enemies and keep zapping them, while hopefully not accidentally one shotting myself due to reflect. There are multiple ways to approach this build though so feel free to try a few different things and report back to let us know how you went!
After reading the entire thread, I see where you say crit is survival thank you. I'm not sure whether to just forego Pyre ring in favor of some really nice diamond rings I have? If done should I just manual cast assassin's mark? or not worry about power charges?
Last edited by Smiltstomb on May 8, 2015, 9:36:33 AM
This is a pretty good idea (arc that can freeze) but it's rather weak until end-game. You won't have access to all the links until you're at the maps stage, and without those links arc by itself is very weak, compared to ice or fire builds. Also because the damage range is so huge (you can do like 1 dmg or 100), enemies have a high chance to close in on you.

Any idea how this will fare once the infamous patch hits that will completely wreck reduced mana? They pretty much will make this gem obsolete. I highly doubt you can have clarity + herald of ice + herald of thunder all active at once.
I'm using something along these lines, too - Arc plus Three Dragons, so half my defense is freezing my enemies.

I'm having issues with single target damage, though. When fighting against a single powerful enemy, Arc loses much of its power (since there's nothing for it to chain to).

I tried to deal with this using Storm Call (+ Lightning Damage and Faster Casting and Lightning Penetration), but it has been somewhat underwhelming, especially against Rogue Exiles.

Have you had this issue, too? Any suggestions on how to deal with it?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info