" The Winter-Arc Crit ": Simple, cheap, safe and high dps 30k+ ( 2.0 updated)

Hi there,

What would you think about going IR with a tree like this?

Lv. 81 build

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CPpoIQRKtVriycBUJBltD1EFh2EeTsMjQfAgQHTLNQMNteEQ9-r40Z4BLZX92Mg9tVxkwtFLCCHtsLNsXYJKcIGmydruQiKU_sOCcvkFUaOMAazLdxhdV1sULauUbXuJPr7ij6gsf56Ni9_gq3PkGHKaVOKluv3Q0s6RUgKk0_J0rIbqq18jWSKjipbtWmmjuCm-FzogDAZgSzhTJ08RjbXyrr5N-KVyv-s-kCvYJtGWpDwFQI9JrgRZ1TUjbpJKrjahZv2t0VUA==

I am not the richest so a 5-link Cloak of Defiance might be out of my reach. This would allow me to have Mom/IR/Artic Armor.

Thoughts? :)
Last edited by Ozoug on Jan 19, 2015, 12:56:29 PM
I think you'll have problems with a build like that as it seems like the plan is to turn the character into a "Jack of all trades, master of none". Using this plan you have a mix of Int, Str and Dex nodes but not a heavy enough volume in any to do things exceptionally well. The Str and Dex are not helpful in our main source of damage so they are wasted there. They may be of benefit in fitting our Witch with better armour but not enough to go with the really top level armour for maximum damage reduction.

Theoretically I can see the desired advantage here, better armour matched with AA improving survivability and using IR to boost that armour again. The problems I see with this though is that removing any Evasion means you will get hit and a lot more often. There's a potential now for being stunned more often which could interrupt your attacks. Additionally as you've dropped some Int nodes (less Mana) your MoM could start to cause you mana pool problems.

The biggest issue I see with this proposal though is the loss of the Crit nodes on the right side of the tree. Crit is also a survival skill for us because frozen beasties can't attack us.

It might be however that a certain mix of gear might really elevate this tree so I'm keen to hear from others about its viability. Perhaps there are a couple of uniques that would really make this shine?
This is my first caster build, and it's a lot of fun.. I'll say this though, vaal pact should be saved until your dps is retarded. I was getting smacked by Brutus, and Piety with 8% drain. I pulled it back, and now they're easy cake. I'm sitting at 6k DPS, I have to believe that 12-15K would be the time to switch.
"
Ozoug wrote:
Hi there,

What would you think about going IR with a tree like this?

Lv. 81 build

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMA37CPpoIQRKtVriycBUJBltD1EFh2EeTsMjQfAgQHTLNQMNteEQ9-r40Z4BLZX92Mg9tVxkwtFLCCHtsLNsXYJKcIGmydruQiKU_sOCcvkFUaOMAazLdxhdV1sULauUbXuJPr7ij6gsf56Ni9_gq3PkGHKaVOKluv3Q0s6RUgKk0_J0rIbqq18jWSKjipbtWmmjuCm-FzogDAZgSzhTJ08RjbXyrr5N-KVyv-s-kCvYJtGWpDwFQI9JrgRZ1TUjbpJKrjahZv2t0VUA==

I am not the richest so a 5-link Cloak of Defiance might be out of my reach. This would allow me to have Mom/IR/Artic Armor.

Thoughts? :)

I definitely agree with Aldora. Going all the way south in the tree just to pick up MoM is not worth it. I personally think IR has no place in this build either, even with all of the EVA nodes that you do get on the way to MoM. Take advantage of the chaos recipe and save up for a normal Cloak and try to 5L it yourself. Don't forget that freezing mobs is another way of defending yourself with this build. If you're playing HC/Bloodlines then this might work, you definitely are picking up a lot of survivability nodes, which is fine.

Keep in mind though that maintaining Arctic Armour is completely possible without even using Cloak of Defiance, the item is more so used for the passive that it gives.

That tree could work though if your items make up for the lack of crit from passives if you really don't want to use/can't afford a Cloak. But like Aldora said, you might run into some issues where you're just trying to do too much at once with your build, for example, a lack of damage/crit.

20k dps atm
Hey guys,

is 2% life leech (on gear) enough to survive reflect with Vaal Pact or the life leech gem is mandatory ?
Hey everyone! Loving the build so far, lvl 61 Great dps but im kinda like glass cannon. I kill fast but if a group of mobs get to me they can kill me really fast, any suggestions? im going for Armour/ES Hybrid gear, except for the Three dragons and Maligaro's that im using.

Twitched the Tree a little bit, im thinking it should end up like this by lvl 83:

Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgMAVa5Eq4-mghDfsCycdhEQWDI05OwfAgQHVcaD26yYOlgRD92M2V_gEo0Zfq_Q9UGWBUKus0wtFLDbC4IepwjYJDbFna4abOQi1abtPO0ggpuaO-FzlnS2huw4wBoaOJBVJy9xhdV1zLfaubFCRteMNhOepJF-M13yDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRj_rr9WSd8h1fKuvkuJPr7ij6gsf56EGHtz7-CjWS2L0qOKlutfKXl0V85Rm0OPv1oqN_xsHzaxe86sBUakOVIKIABLPAZnDVidNwUt-K

What do u think?

I bought a CoD and im waiting for somes jewellers so i can 6S and try to 5L, in the mean time this is my current gear:

Spoiler

BTW... Vaal storm Call > Spell echo > Inc Duration > Conc effect is pretty OP. Charges really fast and does really good dmg. 100% Recommended.

Thanks!
Last edited by mandodiao on Jan 21, 2015, 11:16:35 AM
I'm 85 at the moment and I just respec'd some points so I could reach vaal pact. Damn I wish I did it earlier, reflect is not an issue anymore and I don't one shot myself and lose tons of exp. I used to use topaz flasks, but when sometimes I'd be too slow to realise its a reflect mob or they're hidden in a big pack and I'd end up 1shotting myself.

I'm using leech gem, I haven't tried with just leech from doryani belt, but I'd imagine 1% is not enough
Last edited by xewp on Jan 30, 2015, 2:11:24 PM
I have the same problem, i'am lvl 71 and i am dying way to much. There's no problem killing big packs, but when they surround me, i'am tosted. i also sometimes die instantly when i meet the boss.

this is my gear. It's my first build in POE, so i don't really have that much currency. I secreficed my one and only ex for doryani's invitation, i have around 40c now, but that is nothing compared to prices for better gear

Gear
Spoiler

Passive tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABAcEswVCB2MI9A2NEFgRDxOeFLAaOBpsG_Ec3B8CIvQnLyycLUc2xUGWRKtG10wtTLNQMFBCVUtVrlXGVylXK13yXyph4mpDbAttGXDVcYV2EX4zfq9-x4IQgh6Cm4PbidOMNo0Zj6aQVZZ0mjudrqIApJGnCK6zsUK2hrzqvYLAGsBUwGbLvcy30PXVddWm2CTZX9rd2wvbXt2M34rfsOAS4XPkIuTs5YvpAuvk7DjtIO08_rM=

I will remove lightning warp, cuz i am really not using it that much and swich it to CWDT + molten shell + decoy totem. But i can't find moonsorrow with 3 red sockets, any alternative? Maybe curse on hit + ass mark + warlords mark?

My DPS is 9,5k with HoT and HoI activated, i am also runing clarity and purity of elements. I don't have enough mana to have arctic armour.

I have 2k life and 2.3k mana.

Any suggestions?

Should i respec some points to get to vaal pact?

Thx.
Last edited by memberx on Jan 23, 2015, 3:45:47 AM
Recently got this amulet which would fit nicely with this build

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info