[1.3]KuteKitteh's Tanky Incinerate, +100k DPS. Fast clear, affordable, Atziri viable!

Trying to make this build in torment now. If I'm starting as templar, do I really need the starting witch nodes? Is practical application useful at all? Sovereignty not worth getting?

Why are you saying that 50% regen is more dangerous than BM and no regen?
You won't be able to run AA or MOM at all in BM and no regen... at least for 50% regen, you can just run a lower level AA.
Last edited by LilCroissant on Dec 16, 2014, 1:05:42 AM
"
LilCroissant wrote:
Trying to make this build in torment now. If I'm starting as templar, do I really need the starting witch nodes? Is practical application useful at all? Sovereignty not worth getting?

Why are you saying that 50% regen is more dangerous than BM and no regen?
You won't be able to run AA or MOM at all in BM and no regen... at least for 50% regen, you can just run a lower level AA.
PA is definitely useful. Why? When you’re stunned, that implies that you took in a large amount of damage. That’s when you need leech the most, so PA lets you keep dealing DPS and leeching past a stun.

The witch starting nodes are very useful because they synergize so well with CoD. However, if you can make up for the lost mana and mana regen with some really end-game rings and high-ES gear, feel free to skip those nodes. As long as you have at least 3k or so mana and 400 mana regen/s, you should be fine for most scenarios.
Sovereignty is utter trash with the build. Even the 8% mana nodes at Scion start are more profitable.
And 50% regen is more dangerous because it’s that much harder to retrieve your mana after taking a solid hit, whereas if you have 0 regen, your mana leech from Warlord’s Mark won’t be gimped at all so you’ll regain your mana much faster. Of course, the difference is if you have like 500 mana/s regen, in which case half regen won’t be too bad.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by LilCroissant on Dec 16, 2014, 10:52:23 PM
I used the reset to spec my lvl 86 Witch into your build after i bought a Doryani's Catalyst. I only ran one Zana mission yet (lvl 72 Torture Chamber) and managed to die against Shock and Horror because i forgot to use my Saffell's Frame which i had in my weapon swap. Stuff dies really fast, my CWDT setup rarely triggers because monsters die before they can deal a great amount of damage. The Zana map had 2 rogue exiles and 30%+ increased monster movement, attack and cast speed but i was just blazing through the map (aside my stupid death against Shock and Horror). I'm gonna test this build a little bit further in some 73 and 74 maps since i don't have enough 75+ maps.

Apart from a CWDT setup with EC and IC, what would you put in a 4 link for mapping? I put a second CWDT setup with Ball Lightning, GMP and Blind in there but it feels useless for mapping because stuff dies so fast. I only noticed the 2 rogue exiles in the Zana map after i killed them, thanks to the loot explosion.

I watched your Atziri video and saw that you weren't using Purity of Fire/Lightning during the fight. Did you forgot to use those auras or was it on purpose because of the +max res from Saffell's Frame? And any particular order in which to kill the trio? And thanks for the build, it's really nice.
--
Last edited by Nahkalaukku on Dec 17, 2014, 7:31:43 AM
I'm building this right now at Torment. Currently lvl 57 and doing great. However I might spec in some aura nodes like this. This would give us more regen via Clarity + little bit more mana. Also you could better run different auras if the situtation needs so.

I'm probably going to run PoF, PoL and HoT. Purities will give us whopping +6% max res at lvl 20 (and +8% max if you can boost lvl to 23).
Any thoughts? Is taking those aura nodes worth losing some HP?
"
LilCroissant wrote:
A tree like that isn't efficient.

If I did Templar, I would do something like:

"
Malkor1 wrote:
I used the reset to spec my lvl 86 Witch into your build after i bought a Doryani's Catalyst. I only ran one Zana mission yet (lvl 72 Torture Chamber) and managed to die against Shock and Horror because i forgot to use my Saffell's Frame which i had in my weapon swap. Stuff dies really fast, my CWDT setup rarely triggers because monsters die before they can deal a great amount of damage. The Zana map had 2 rogue exiles and 30%+ increased monster movement, attack and cast speed but i was just blazing through the map (aside my stupid death against Shock and Horror). I'm gonna test this build a little bit further in some 73 and 74 maps since i don't have enough 75+ maps.

Apart from a CWDT setup with EC and IC, what would you put in a 4 link for mapping? I put a second CWDT setup with Ball Lightning, GMP and Blind in there but it feels useless for mapping because stuff dies so fast. I only noticed the 2 rogue exiles in the Zana map after i killed them, thanks to the loot explosion.

I watched your Atziri video and saw that you weren't using Purity of Fire/Lightning during the fight. Did you forgot to use those auras or was it on purpose because of the +max res from Saffell's Frame? And any particular order in which to kill the trio? And thanks for the build, it's really nice.
Honestly, I don't have a firm go-to gem setup to occupy the remaining slots. I fancy the CWDT + Warlord's, but asides from that I really don't care what gems I have. A EW totem is nice since it lets you curse without losing incinerate stacks.

I wasn't using the PoF/PoL because the build isn't designed to utilize auras. The Saffell plus topaz/ruby flasks are enough (and hey, even the saffell alone was enough).

I try to kill the bleeder first, the maker of rain second, and the dual hands last. Sometimes I just don't care so I kill them in any order, which usually means the maker of rain is last. If you don't have a massive health pool and some amazing granite flasks or a Rumi's, you probably don't want to be as careless I am.

"
Nahkalaukku wrote:
I'm building this right now at Torment. Currently lvl 57 and doing great. However I might spec in some aura nodes like this. This would give us more regen via Clarity + little bit more mana. Also you could better run different auras if the situtation needs so.

I'm probably going to run PoF, PoL and HoT. Purities will give us whopping +6% max res at lvl 20 (and +8% max if you can boost lvl to 23).
Any thoughts? Is taking those aura nodes worth losing some HP?
Well, firstly the extra regen on Clarity is moot since the bulk of regen will be provided by EB + all the MR nodes + CoD. PoF is a valid point, but at the same time a Saffell + Ruby gives 89% fire resist, which is way more than enough to tank any (small) atziri flameblast three times over. If you saw in the video, I didn't even run a Ruby and I didn't die, so if I had a ruby it would have been super easy.

IMO, those 10 points are better spent into boosting health.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Dec 17, 2014, 12:24:14 PM
have to admit that the mace youre using is pretty expensive in the new league ;(
Thanks for the help. Tree so far: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEsxBYFm8aOBpsHwIfxySqJy8reCycLYsyNDbFNuk6WEPIRtdPBFXGVylboF8qaPJtGXGFfA58S4Kbg9uHZZBVlnSaO52uogCnCKdVr7fAGsBm1abYJNrd4XPjauQi6-TsOO088B8=

I'm going for EB now. After that, should I expand into the shadow area first or expand towards the life wheel first?

Got Celestial Judgment early on while leveling; will probably spec out of it later.

Would you say this build is tankier than Raizqt's RF incinerater? I think this tree is better optimized overall, but I haven't tried RF yet.
Last edited by LilCroissant on Dec 17, 2014, 5:33:47 PM
is Pledge of Hands Judgement Staff good for this build ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info