Content Update 1.3.0 Patch Notes, Deployment Timeline and Official Path of Exile Twitch Channel

"
Chris wrote:

This is the danger with describing the key content in advance - that the 8 new gems, 26 new uniques and such are already old news when considering the balance changes. There are plenty of awesome new builds, especially now that there's more parity between them. I'm personally excited to make a level 28 Raging Spirits PvP character and a Static Strike Templar as my regular character. Seems like it'll be two Templars for me this league :P

Honestly, next time just describe nerfs incoming first. If you said two weeks ago something like "Many forms of damage mitigation have been been reviewed with 1.3. Block is currently too easy to max, and will be made much more difficult. It is meant to supplement defense and not be your top form of mitigation. We like how Lightning Coil, Clock of Defiance, and Arctic armor are used but want to reduce their effectiveness a little bit."

You could do it better than me, but then by a day like today people will have gotten over it to some extent.
I'm so happy with this patch so far. I think developers that are active in attempting new and controversial ways of balancing the game (which they know the best) is a sure and healthy sign of a game that is alive and well. This game doesn't care about your builds. It encourages you to build and rebuild constantly, and that is fine by me. Thanks GGG. I'm a loyal fan and I appreciate what you're doing.
Fuck europe gets the start at fucking 3 AM again.

I fucking hate it. Can't you like roll it out in the morning NZ time so europeans have a chance to not get completely headstarted by everyone else and ppl that pull all nighters?

Please think of us next time for the deplyoment schedule im pretty sick of staying up this long everytime a patch comes.
I don't like this patch. I was hoping for something new that I would get excited to try, but it seems lots got nerfed and melee skills added. Here's hoping for next time.
"Common feedback is that we need to buff the weaker skills and also make the game generally more challenging. This is equivalent to applying small nerfs to the strongest skills."

WTF?
common feedback is that melee (especially 2H) isn't viable at all because the game is way too hard with all its one-shot spike dmg. especially without max block and especially spell block.
So in other words you have to go ranged to off-srceen kill without getting hit to survive

and nerfing the best skills isnt the same like buffing weak/useless skills. It just means that strong skills are less fun and weak ones still suck big times.

more bullshit every day here...

dont even answer all that stupid nonsense those standard bobs post here
"
the game has a slightly different feel to it, but it's a feel that we've really been enjoying and we're hoping you do too

This. Developers are 'enjoyed' so get lost. Problem?
"
AndCub wrote:
Fuck europe gets the start at fucking 3 AM again.

I fucking hate it. Can't you like roll it out in the morning NZ time so europeans have a chance to not get completely headstarted by everyone else and ppl that pull all nighters?

Please think of us next time for the deplyoment schedule im pretty sick of staying up this long everytime a patch comes.

+1

What is borderline bizzare is GGG's constant ignorance towards other time zones. Is it that hard to include GMT? Take a moment and contemplate how many active players actually live in AUS/NZ.

This has been mentioned so many times now and is getting ridiculous.
IGN: SpoiledSoCalScion / ShadesOfPrey

Austriae est imperare orbi universo / GMT +1
"
Monfriez wrote:
+1

What is borderline bizzare is GGG's constant ignorance towards other time zones. Is it that hard to include GMT? Take a moment and contemplate how many active players actually live in AUS/NZ.

This has been mentioned so many times now and is getting ridiculous.

Maybe they start working at 11:00
Lazy pricks :^)
"
teacherpeter wrote:
I think developers that are active in attempting new and controversial ways of balancing the game (which they know the best) is a sure and healthy sign of a game that is alive and well. This game doesn't care about your builds. It encourages you to build and rebuild constantly, and that is fine by me. Thanks GGG. I'm a loyal fan and I appreciate what you're doing.

I totally agree. I love that I have to relearn the game every 3 months. If I take a break, I know when I come back the game will play slightly different. Change is good. Even the bad, it teaches the devs to make a better game. A totally free game by the way. The day this game stays the same is the day it grows stale. It has changed drastically since closed beta, and I'm okay with that.
Last edited by bleach on Dec 12, 2014, 7:45:07 AM
"
necrokillaz wrote:
"
the game has a slightly different feel to it, but it's a feel that we've really been enjoying and we're hoping you do too

This. Developers are 'enjoyed' so get lost. Problem?

No problem at all. They can enjoy the new feel, and some other developer can enjoy the new support.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info