Content Update 1.3.0 Patch Notes, Deployment Timeline and Official Path of Exile Twitch Channel

"
Optee wrote:
[...]

You can start in the new league where everyone starts with 0 currency so you'll have much better chance of getting something than you'll ever be in standard / hardcore, and you'll be on the level with others. That's the reason people play the new leagues and not the standard ones.
[...]

That was the funniest thing I#ve ever read... In last league, while I'm proud about reaching lvl 25, there was the note that the first character reaches lvl 80... While I was on my first map, the top players were grinding Uber-Atziri. And I've even never managed to face normal Atziri or even HC-Dominus until now...

[/quote]

If you play any game (LoL, Dota, CS etc.) there will be people better than you because they invest 70+ hrs a week and that's normal. I don't know why that bothers you. What I'm saying is in the new leagues you'll have a better chance with your lower playing time to acquire items. There's a reason why you can't pay to win in this game (as in pay to get items and be equal to the people who play a lot) and complaining that people with more hours ingame than you have more stuff is just stupid.
*supportive*
GGG, for 1.3 content, you could at least throw in some new endgame boss (something like Atziri) or maybe a few new high maps (77+) for diversity purposes?
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Fallen_Azrael wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
block + dodge was so broken in pve, so so broken. Oh hello, I evade 50% of attacks, 95% of projectiles, then when one actually hits has 40% chance to be dodged, then 50% chance to be blocked, and if anything actually makes it through to actually damage me Ive got 42% flat physical resist thanks to my lightning coil and base endurance charges I didnt even invest in passively.... and you have all this while playing a +5k life, 100k dps crit weapon spec.

It was just too strong, way too strong. Its still possibly too strong even with the changes.

But this was only one possible block build. If this was such a problem, why wasn't the nerfing of acrobatics enough? Or giving some notable block passives a nerf on evade/dodge? This way would only destroyed such an OP combination of damage evasion, but not every way to play block builds.

thats a fair comment. Its the dodge + block build, sure theres a lot of 'just block' builds, or maybe were a lot lol. I have block builds and ya, they got owned a bit. But if you can get to 40% block, thats pretty solid. Thing is, you are saving a lot of points you can spend on something better like ondars. Ev %s tend to end up around 40-50%, people get like 30-40% dodge, its a pretty balanced range to have block rest in too. Theres 3 different avoiding mechanics there and now you can only stack 2 properly, either ev with dodge or ev with block, and theyre both pretty uniform in their %s.

I know it looks like it took a massive hit, and it did, but I think you'll start to look around and find theres other things to spend those free points on and youll end up with a stronger character.

Almost every time I felt like GGG were pulling out the crutch holding up a build I ended up with something better. You might go from a 75% block character to a 38% block character, who also now evades 45% of melee attacks and 90% of projectile attacks, and has 25% more life on the tree, and still has almost the same amount of armour you had before. Many times Ive ended up looking at a character post patch thinking "why didnt I just do this before, its way better than that other thing I just got forced out of".

"
I know it sucks to read a big list of changes that sound like they hurt your characters. The changes are generally relatively small adjustments and in aggregate they drastically increase the number of viable PvE character builds. We're very wary that content is gradually drifting to be easier and easier as more skills/options are available to characters, so we occasionally need to adjust it. Some of the changes may not work as you expect - please let us know your feedback after trying out the update.

Last sentence is answer to all your QQ. They develop the game best way they can think of. Maybe we don't agree with everything, but that is nothing that can't be adjusted later on with other updates. First we need to try patch and then judge and give feedback as stated, not just rage quit cos my char will do 10% less dps or will be hit a few times more. I'm not pro gamer so i cant tell how will everything work in practice just from patch notes, but will surely try to rebuild my chars and make new ones. Best wishes for GGG in their future development.
Rebalancing of the passive tree must be done no matter if it breaks someones OP build or not. And if it does... Well.. World is cruel. Adjust or gtfo
People, take a look at the larger picture here, Ive played a very successful infernal blow marauder last league, redid my build with new tree for +30% life, +52% damage and +250% armour !! melee was always intended to be armours forte, as you want reliable mitigation not dice rolls like block or evasion, With enough dmg and life, i could tank more then enough in melee range, now my 7k or so armour will be 20k+! more then enough to nearly entirely mitigate small hits and even tank map koles with ease, if block/dodge doesnt trigger on that hit, your dead anyway, ima be fine as hell. Just cause the OP mainstream build doesnt work as good anymore doesnt mean its ALL dead, no one plays armour anymore cause of bad reputation, i can personally verify that it works easily and cheaper. And new melee counter gems are just gonna make it even better.

EDIT: While the patch notes are nerfs and the skill tree may not look so much more amazing, the routes you take in the duelist/marauder are ALOT more dense, my entire build only take 14 +10 stat nodes, the entire 90 points are all pure golden deliciousness, rather then before when half of the points were wasted on traveling to the dispersed "better" nodes, or heaven forbid all the traveling for bloody block crap
Last edited by Nerdtron93 on Dec 12, 2014, 6:21:45 AM
Please make a shield throw gem that chains once so i can play as captain America with facebreakers. Gg. Great patch back to path of challenge that harks back to the roots of the game when you guys first started.
I am probably re-iterating someone's point but I feel that regardless of overall gameplay and balance, the real situation is that:

New season = people making new characters and time to try out new stuff.

If they see a nerf, they are less inclined to try that out

If they see a buff, or even a slight change and they're not sure if it results in a buff or nerf, they will still be more inclined to try it out.

Personally that is how I feel. I'm not sure what I want to try out next league....

cyclone is the sort of only 'buff?' so I might try that I guess
As usual, so much crying...
Crit is still OP, block isn't the no brainer it used to be anymore but another layer of defence that is still pretty strong, a small nerf on coil and CoD make them a bit more balanced but they are as strong as ever (CoD because MoM is far on the tree on purpose to prevent it to be too strong, coil because 22.5% physical mitigation is still awesome).
It's a bit annoying to see burning and tornado untouched, but I expect them to be the next on the list since it seem a lot of unimaginative player can only think about those for the next league.
As usual, the "diversity" will be greater at first because people will try and discover a lot of things, then somes streamer's builds will be followed by the herds and we will have another meta mostly revolving around 10-15 kind of builds. GGG can change the game but not the players.
Last edited by Frolamiz on Dec 12, 2014, 6:49:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info