PvP Season One Manifesto Post and Community Unique Design Part 2

I was not aware that there were already feedback on the new tree. Any chance I can look at it to give feedback as well?

EDIT: Fond this on Github

https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.1.0
Last edited by WhiteMagick on Dec 4, 2014, 7:26:09 AM
the left side of the tree crit should have not been nerfed, it is the melee side.

The right side daggers nods should have been nerfed because of ST crit users.

Now a Bor ranger user+ redguard is more tanky than a melee user because it got the same amountof block nods and Is ranged.

I hope the skill tree is getting changed, none want block to be so bad for melee users.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Dec 4, 2014, 7:29:41 AM
We are only giving our feedback so that GGG can think about it again :)

"
"
"
Completed 6 ChallengesBarl wrote:
With that in mind, it just boggles my mind why you have expended so much of what is so limited (talent, resources) on PvP in a PvE game. PvP is a sideshow. Serious PvP-minded folk play serious PvP games. No offense meant to the extremely small PvP crowd here, but come on. Is this really money, time, and resources well spent by your company?

You sound just like Wyatt Cheng here, eg. a game can be either good in PvP or PvE, but not both and it's a waste of resources and time trying to balance them out.

I think that GGG know quite well how many resources they have and need for what they are doing; if they will do the PvP part well, the PvP crowd will grow exponentially and we might even start seeing sponsored tournaments in an ARPG. If not, then those who play the normal game will still be able to play the normal game like usually.

Just give it a chance to grow before you start tearing it down ;)

Resources are ALWAYS limited and supporters have a legitimate financial interest in questioning where those limited resources are spent. I personally agree wholeheartedly that there are way too many resources being spent on PvP, and I'm unhappy to see anything more than the token Cutthroat race tossed into the mix.
Oh, I have read some reddit posts and it really kinda shocked me, most ppl stand for nerfing block. I'm interested how many of them even visited 77-78 maps?
I'm going to skip next league, just seems pointless to die from another 20 stacks of CB per 1 sec from Corrupted Bloodline or smth else. It seems as tree's done for softcore chars and all possible defensive mechanics are going to get nerfed from patch to patch. Btw RIP block incinerate.
Just make another 90% players to play dual flame totem with lots of regeneration - no need for anything else.
Permanently sorry for bad English :D
Last edited by Immundissime on Dec 4, 2014, 7:59:10 AM
"
the left side of the tree crit should have not been nerfed, it is the melee side.

The right side daggers nods should have been nerfed because of ST crit users.

Now a Bor ranger user+ redguard is more tanky than a melee user because it got the same amountof block nods and Is ranged.

I hope the skill tree is getting changed, none want block to be so bad for melee users.

It is unfortunate that these crit nerfs hit non-dagger builds even harder because of the lower base crit chance on other weapons.

But even more disappointing, the elimination of the left-side crit nodes (~190% one-handed crit!) were not replaced with alternative nodes. This completely eliminated the possibility or need for evasion characters to cross the tree for interesting builds. I'm not alone in finding a lot of fun crossing the tree to explore different nodes--the new tree really punishes players for leaving adjacent areas to cross through the middle.

Just in case I wasn't clear, I'm trying to distinguish a Ranger that crosses through the middle into the Templar/Marauder area (or vice-versa) from a Ranger who pushes into both Shadow and Duelist. The former case is really getting spanked by this new tree.
All I saw is that Dual wield block nodes...wait nvm thats what I didnt see.
Block is OP and retarded. 75% block is 4x more effective life. Only way 2h could possibly be viable without some kind of ghetto staff block build is with counter attack gems so powerful that you can leech when you get hit to full.

Need to reduce the cap of block if you're going to let some people make the mistake of touching a 2h weapon.
Last edited by Lestat13 on Dec 4, 2014, 8:08:02 AM
Based on Chris' interview i was expecting no changes to crit and a slight buff to Resolute Technique and melee & 2-handed defenses.

Very disappointing.

All the life & sword damage nodes removed. Why?? My melee 2h sword guy is barely doing 78 maps with all the OP witch characters, and now no matter what points i choose i lose either 20% life or about 50% inc. sword damage.

2H weapon nodes are now JUST AS CRAPPY AS BEFORE. Why?? They are already the weakest weapons!

It's just really really hard to move through the maruder area and get the same life as before. Chris keeps promising less Path of Life nodes but I spent 103 points and could only get about 350% sword and 170% life, worse than my current build 365% sword 190% life. So many wasted nodes in Marauder area.

Moreover there is zero buff to RT, despite Chris' promise to buff it.

Plus, the duelist tree is just a horrible mess and even more wrecked than the Marauder tree, very har to get through especially if you start out as duelist!
Hardcore
I wonder if one of the new skill gems will be an active block skill like in the old Champions of Norrath game(s)

Maybe that's why block is getting a skill tree nerf?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info