Torment and Bloodlines Challenges

Some of those uniques I haven't seen drop even in 2 years of play on Std (Cybil's, LC, Rumi's, Windripper, Drillneck...). How is it a "challenge" if people will end up buying them? Now they'll just buy them un-ID instead.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I have only been playing for a year but these are definitely the funnest challenges I've seen yet
Is it only me or the fact that now you cant chance your unique for the challenge just seems... lacking sth ;)
it was always cool to chance orb those whites for dillusional purposes that you actually can get the one you are needin :P
If possible - make the challenge so you can complete it both ways: ID or Chance orb ;)
"
holocaustus wrote:
How is it a "challenge" if people will end up buying them?

What designers, such challenges...

BTW
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/broken-crown copy cats?
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Dec 2, 2014, 1:42:55 AM
I am somewhat disappointed by the challenges. In the developer potcast you talked about "get x out of y things" challenges and i think this concept is a really good idea, but so far you only used it for the reach level 85 challenge. I was hoping you would use this concept for more challenges. Some of the new challenges are ok, some are very time consuming and some are only completable if you are very lucky. I don't like challenges that depend on luck, because you can spent an infinite amount of time and still not finish them. I am looking forward to adding parts to the totempole in my hideout, but i fear that i will once again be one or two bullet points short of completing challenges. It is very disappointing if you can't find the last shrine, exile, strongbox mod, or whatever and can't complete a challenge because of that. I hope there will be a reward for partially completing challenges in the future, because right now there is not a big incentive to even try to complete some of the challenges. If i know i can't complete one of the bullet points there is no reason to spent time on finishing the rest of them. It would be nice to be rewarded for partially finishing the challenges. Lets say you get a totem pole part for finishing 90% of the challenge and a golden or shiny version of that part if you finish 100% of the challenge. My thoughts on the challenges:

Kill packs of bloodlines and kill tormented spirits are the typical play the challenge league challenges. You automatically complete them if you play the challenge league long enough, although it might take some time until you encounter the rarest spirit or bloodlines pack. The challenges depend a bit on luck, but they are ok.

Items from Vendor Recipes is a challenge anyone can complete. Farming corrupted areas for the vaal orb recipe is somewhat annoying and you have to play some 73+ maps for the regal recipe, but anyone can do those things, so the challenge is ok.

Complete these missions is another challenge anyone can complete. It takes some time to encounter all missions, but if you invite the masters to your hideout you will sooner or later get all missions as a daily mission. This challenge is ok.

Complete the encounters depends on luck, but you can spent currency to improve your chances. Sooner or later you will encounter all exiles and most of the strongbox mods, nemesis mods, and shrines. Missing strongbox mods can be crafted and missing nemesis mods encountered by running antagonist's maps. The hardest part of this challenge is finding the divine and echoing shrines, but you can use Zana master crafting to get 5 additional shrines per map for 10 chaos to improve your chances of finding those shrines. This challenge can range from easy to very expensive depending on your luck, but it should be completable if you really want to complete it. Overall the challenge is ok.

Reach level 85 with 3 characters is a time sink and very annoying if you don't want to play several characters per challenge league. Time is all it takes to complete this challenge, so it is not a difficult challenge for people with enough free time and dedication, but at the same time it is impossible to achieve for people who don't have enough time or don't want to play several characters. I did not like similar challenges in the past and i don't like this one, but since you don't need luck to complete it i guess it is still ok.

Full clear these maps could have made great use of the "x out of y" concept. Full clear these maps is more interesting than full clear all areas of the core game, but in its current state this challenge is extremely difficult. Clearing difficult maps from Poorjoy's to the Apex of Sacrifice is a challenge for most people, but in the case of the Vaal Temple map it is already a big challenge to simply obtain the map. This is a good challenge, because it is very difficult and not depending on luck alone, but it should have been split in tiers. I know i can't complete the Apex and the Vaal Temple, so why should i even bother playing the other difficult maps on the list?

Identify those uniques is more interesting than own these uniques, but i still don't like it, because it is a mix of a luck and wealth check. This challenge boils down to earning 100 exalted orbs or having a lot of luck with some drops. If you can't find a Windripper good luck buying an unidentified one. I guess it is still ok as a challenge for people who aim for 8/8, but average players won't even attempt to complete this challenge. On the other hand this challenge might have an interesting effect on the price of unidentified uniques.
FapFapFap -SirLiftalot out!
Youtubes: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdP4vW0IX2KVcut_x2jubsw
Twitch: twitch.tv/sir_liftalot
"
MullaXul wrote:
Lots of new unique names in that list.

THIS
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
Hello GGG, for the most part I like the new challenges - the best so far i think.

Drillneck, Voltaxic etc. gonna be the bottleneck for 8/8 it seems.
yeah yeah die die
so you need to get a Vaal orb using a recipie ? :D so is that a new recipie ?
great challenges I might do a few
IGN: Megawipe

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info