[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

Hi...it looks amazing your variant terror!...sadly no videos yet...but i saw someone playing your build in standard and it was beautifull to see jaaj (he has a 6l) ...so...do you recommend its viable to make this build in torment league as first character and obviously no gear?...i mean with cheap gear until you earn money?...beacuse you said volls its "mandatory" and the better you can get for a long period of time its with luck a 5l volls linking by ourselves ...so its work with a 5l in endgame or maps 73 or 74 +? and how is the survival aspect with a 5l...its safe for maps and bosses?...im asking that for the aspect of leveling the carachter witout dying too much and the lose of xp..
Last edited by yissus on Jan 4, 2015, 5:37:20 PM
I'm torn between sticking with Throatseeker or going for Doom Cast instead. I can have both if I sacrifice 10% max life, however.

Or just go for more ele dmg nodes instead of Doom Cast? Thoughts?
Last edited by k0tz on Jan 4, 2015, 6:33:28 PM
@yiss
Build is slightly more difficult than the previous league, but still works fine as a starting character. I had no problems surviving on a 5l (could even do Atziri with a death every few runs). You just need to have CwDT ○ Warlord's Mark.

@k0tz
I like throatseeker. Up to you though.
My gear at lv 82 :D
Spoiler

I tried Atziri, died 3 times but killed her eventually ...
- The Lone Survivor -
Hi Terrornoid,

Let's say 2.2 atk speed is the most efficient attack speed after CoC nerf.

But i think this is based on a 0% increased projectile speed from nodes. Balistic and Sniper will give you 30% increased projetcile speed. It means that each projectile will hit the target in a shortest amount of time, thus triggering CoC more often. Not sure this is included in the calculation.
IGN: SjeveN
Last edited by drymagon on Jan 5, 2015, 8:50:55 AM
@dry
Since projectile speed applies to all projectiles, it's an issue of non-concern. They spend less time in the air but release from the wand at the same speed. That's all that matters.

@sub
Interesting modifications. Grats on the Atzi kill!
"
Terrornoid wrote:
@dry
Since projectile speed applies to all projectiles, it's an issue of non-concern. They spend less time in the air but release from the wand at the same speed. That's all that matters.

I dont get it.

Lets say you have 2 situations:

Situation A: 2,2 atk speed and 0% projectile speed
Situation B: 2,2 atk speed and 100%projectile speed

In both of the situation, the "space" between each projectile will be the same (cause same attack speed for the release):

However, if projectiles in situation B are going 100% faster, it means that the projectile in situation B will take 2x less time to reach the target compared to situation A.

As an exemple, if in 0,10 sec 2 projectiles "hit" in Situation A, 4 projectiles will hit in situation B.

So, in this case and assuming that every projectile HIT and CRIT:

Situation A:
2 trigger in 0,10 sec with equal distance between them = 0,05sec / trigger -> OK for CoC new cooldown.

Situation B:
4 trigger in 0,10sec with equal distance between them = 0,025sec / trigger -> KO for CoC new cooldown.
IGN: SjeveN
If we assume a stationary target, the projectiles will always strike the target at the same intervals they release from the wand. The only thing projectile speed determines is how quickly the projectiles reach the target. It is this way because all the projectiles have the same speed.

"
drymagon wrote:

However, if projectiles in situation B are going 100% faster, it means that the projectile in situation B will take 2x less time to reach the target compared to situation A.

As an exemple, if in 0,10 sec 2 projectiles "hit" in Situation A, 4 projectiles will hit in situation B.

The projectiles WILL take 2x less time to reach the target and they release at the same speed. However, if in .1 sec, 2 projectiles hit in situation A, then 2 will also hit in situation B because the release time for each projectile remains the same [.05 seconds].

Another way to look at it:
Situation A (50ms release time):
Projectile 1: Released and takes 100ms to hit target.
Projectile 2: Released and takes 100ms to hit target.
Projectile 3: Released and takes 100ms to hit target.
Projectile 4: Released and takes 100ms to hit target.

Situation B (50ms release time):
Projectile 1: Released and takes 50ms to hit target.
Projectile 2: Released and takes 50ms to hit target.
Projectile 3: Released and takes 50ms to hit target.
Projectile 4: Released and takes 50ms to hit target.

The projectiles are still striking at the same speed because they are releasing from the wand at the same speed. The only difference is the time they spend in the air. Make sense?

"
drymagon wrote:

Situation A:
2 trigger in 0,10 sec with equal distance between them = 0,05sec / trigger -> OK for CoC new cooldown.

Situation B:
4 trigger in 0,10sec with equal distance between them = 0,025sec / trigger -> KO for CoC new cooldown.

This is incorrect because you are changing the "trigger" time, which is the time it takes for them to release from the wand, not the time they spend in the air. Attack speed determines "trigger" time, not projectile speed.
Last edited by Terrornoid on Jan 5, 2015, 8:57:20 PM
Great build
Have you try to take wand node near Eldritch Battery? 30% accurary, 12% attack speed, 6% wand damage per power charge and 90% critical strike/24% multi-crit!
here is my scion passive tree (lvl 81) https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgAA8pdKyFpSqJqbXbXybqrYvTWS_gpN4_6POuGmV_JFKjipbjIJcmxsRipNPyesR31bykpRTIMJb56btcM6-wkZihqP9toWvw-rUzUfQQMetUgGI3BSKgvz6l3ycNWJ02HiJpWMNlVLbWydqjY9YqxsjA5IY0MRlklR8NWVLgcej_rr9fIdZJ1_xsHzoqOCHhSwP3O-7slEx8qaYWznCaDOcGsXlSBqQ8BUvOpMsy0f0PVBlq6zBUIsnFAw214EB4PbVcbbCw==
Last edited by apocalypse1860 on Jan 5, 2015, 11:34:19 PM
Hey mate love the guide i'm having issues with mana, i can only run the 3 purity's and than i can't activate HoT what could be causing this i followed the talent build to a T not sure if i just need more mana or what.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info