[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

@apoc
Those wands are largely inefficient compared to the other nodes we have access too. Wand damage doesn't benefit us and neither does the crit mult (it only works for wand attacks, not spells.) By taking the Depth Perception, Eagle Eye, and True Strike clusters, we gain 86% Accuracy, 147% Crit, and 8% Crit Mult. With your clusters, the only applicable stats to the build are 30% Accuracy, 90% Crit, and 12% Attack Speed. I only had to spend one more point.

@viro
Do you have the reduced mana reserved nodes? Max level reduced mana? Are your auras only linked to gems that don't have applicable mana multipliers?
Last edited by Terrornoid on Jan 6, 2015, 3:57:08 AM
If your reduced mana gems arent at least lvl18+ it will not work well.
Loving the build! using a tabula and PCoC for now to build some currency. Even without leech i'm doing fine as long i'm playing carefully.

a MOM/EB +AA version of the build could be possible? using cloak you need to use PCoC and you lose Life Leech, but you gain a lot of mitigation and your flasks are godly anyway.
@ Terrornoid

I have them all my gems linked exactly like you do but they aren't lvl 18 reduced mana gems yet, so that is probley my issue as kuromahou pointed out. Thanks for the respond back its helpful.
If you have the currency to spare, you can pick up a 20 reduced mana for the auras and keep leveling the one you were using on your alt set weapons, then just sell that to make the money back when it hits 20 so you dont lose anything.

I was only now at 80 able to sustain 3x purity + HoT by switching to a rathpith globe for the extra es that translates into mana. But, in the meantime (as long as you have the passive cluster for reduced mana) you can run purity of lightning+Fire along with herald of ice and thunder. The herald reserves much less mana. I have 66/7xx mana remaining, and regen covers constant casting of barrage finally.

Note it may not be as hard for others, I run a 7% attack ring on top of rats nest and all the passives. I still cannot sustain my +% atkspeed imbued wand, but my +10% attack speed omen wand is sustainable at base 2aps (without the frenzies).

"
1nfest wrote:
Loving the build! using a tabula and PCoC for now to build some currency. Even without leech i'm doing fine as long i'm playing carefully.

a MOM/EB +AA version of the build could be possible? using cloak you need to use PCoC and you lose Life Leech, but you gain a lot of mitigation and your flasks are godly anyway.

Voll's Protector is still much better than the PCoC gem. You will build 6 power chargesd in one barrage cast almost every time. Its only 2ex for a 5L volls and you dont need to worry about paying more for good rolls. I got my 5L Volls for 80co.

Also, and I cannot stress this enough, using a 4L CWDT-Life Leech+Discharge-Cold Snap "oh sh**" setup WILL save your life OFTEN.
Seriously even only at 80 I cannot count the number of times Ive been surprise jumped by a rogue exile, or desync'd into a room full of mobs, and had the discharge go off and save my life. Even with just one mob in range, a 6 charge discharge will heal almost your entire hp bar, and in a real emergency when surrounded by mobs, its a guaranteed instant full heal (that also often kills your attackers as well). Its double useful, healing you and killing stuff trying to rape you up close.

The negative is I have to use an unset ring to get LWarp for bridge hopping and such, it's not instant cast like a lwarp-fcast/rduration is, but I really never used it for travel anyway, we already move very fast and the alchemist cluster makes a
make you move like greased lightning and it refills to full practically every time you attack something. One of my favorite parts of the build is the incredible synergy between alchemist cluster, insane number of crits per second, and surgeons flasks. 100% uptime of surgeons flasks is awesome. I abuse atziri's promise as well (over 6 seconds of buffed added damage and leech with alchemist).

Here is my gear, I didn't pay more than 10c for any of the rares, just kept an eye on xyz for deals. Very happy with the results. On any map that has obstacles that block arctic breath, I use ice spear instead. Really I end up using spear over breath much of the time, the pierce clears packs insanely fast. But fireball+breath for soloing bosses always.

My gear lvl80 (yes I spent 285 chroms to 3L the rathpith, and I keep Saffell's Frame in my offset for heavy elemental bosses like shock&horror).

Spoiler

Last edited by kuromahou on Jan 6, 2015, 8:46:47 PM
@1nfest
It's just not really an option to use Cloak without seriously revamping the used Auras. I'm sure it could be done, but the scarcity of resists on items in this build would make it REALLY hard. Voll's Protector, and consequently a 7-link, is too good to trade in for anything. You'd have to use PCoC and then it just jacks everything up. Not worth it. DEFENSE IS FOR BABY-MEN.

@kuro
Very nice. A fine example of how the build should be done.
Well its a fine build to work with. Very fun, and lots of pretty visuals.

I was surprised at how amazing the Alchemist nodes are. I waited till very late to get them (mid 70's), and they really make an enormous difference.
is it possible to try this with 20c to start out and a lot of currency to link with. i will have to sell my drillneck or something like that to get money and i dont wanna do that? how cheap is this. and also, does it have more potential than a tornado shot build that has 8.2k TOOLTIP dps with best gear in slot except for bow and quiver? also how much deeps do people with AVERAGE gear have.
Well, the uniques are a few chaos each on standard to get started. It's going to cost you more on a league. I made my build, aside from the 6l, with VERY little investment, like 2 ex overall; I did it in rampage where chaos weren't worth squat. You can link your own 5l easy. I made 7 on the way to a 6l, and I never got there.

Tornado shot with mirrored gear was the only DPS competitor. I will say TS can do ubers easier I think. Even so, SCL dps is still higher and actually more reliable, oddly enough. It's pretty easy to break 200k DPS point blank, and you can manage at least 10k per projectile stream on a 4l.

OP have you tried doing uber atziri post 1.3? Normal atziri is really easy for me, but I read a couple of posts saying that the DPS is lacking in SCL when doing Uber.

Gear

This is my current gear, I have alittle under 4.9k hp, but i'm not sure about the DPS. I could try using Scolds Bridle, but I become too vulneruble what do you think?
Last edited by bluebookis on Jan 8, 2015, 12:17:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info