[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

@#'s
I highly recommend stun for ubers.

@Blizz
You have no Mana Regen & no Max Mana to counter Volls (which is the only way to feed enough power charges to Cold Snap), little Accuracy, no Flask Nodes to counter reflect, and no Aura nodes to run proper auras for res (you'll be struggling due to unique usage). And unless you run multiple -res curses, you won't be able to freeze, since Freeze duration is based on damage dealt and bosses get a reduction on top of that.

I'm not saying you can't do it, but I will say it all becomes irrelevant when the main version does 500k DPS and melts bosses in seconds. I cannot advise you to run your version, but I will absolutely support your free will. :P I just don't want you to waste time possibly "dead-ending" yourself.
"
Terrornoid wrote:
@#'s
@Blizz
You have no Mana Regen & no Max Mana to counter Volls (which is the only way to feed enough power charges to Cold Snap), little Accuracy, no Flask Nodes to counter reflect, and no Aura nodes to run proper auras for res (you'll be struggling due to unique usage). And unless you run multiple -res curses, you won't be able to freeze, since Freeze duration is based on damage dealt and bosses get a reduction on top of that.

I was planning on doing it in a plain 6L for now(actually found a tabula, in-league). I only have 3 spells listed because I was planning for either Barrage or KB w/ PCoC

Regarding the cold snap, maybe I am doing the math wrong...
Assuming no spell/elemental bonus from gear, a lvl 19 cold snap should have 480 average dmg. with a 215% increased damage bonus that makes it 1512 dmg.
Freeze has a base duration of 10s*(% of life you damaged), and if it goes under .3s(after duration modifiers) it doesn't happen.

If the boss has 150000 life and I do 1512 DMG, that gives me a base duration of 10.08s. I have 60% freeze duration from passives and 30% from cold snap, which should bring me up to 19.15 duration.(capped at 3.3, and this assumes no resists.)

If the boss has 75% resist to cold, that brings my damage down to 378, which should bring the freeze duration to 4.8s(capped at 3.3).
Even after the bosses penalty to freeze duration this should still exceed the retrigger time on cold snap.

I'll look at the accuracy thing, but with 23% all resists from passives and all 3 auras running, that gives me some leeway for other gear. The ungil's pretty much replaces the rat's nest and maligaro's(100 crit vs 115 crit), so I was going to prioritize accuracy, health, and resists on the gloves, and try to get an alpha for the helm.

The way I figure if it doesn't work out it is easy enough to switch over to GMP+AB+Ice spear+X

Regarding flasks, since I only need to worry about one element, I figured I could cycle them rather than using the duration to keep them up with 1 of each element.
Last edited by Blizzisme on Feb 10, 2015, 1:48:43 AM
You won't be able to sustain charges without Volls. You get one Charge per spell or attack with PCoC. Cold Snap can trigger multiple times per attack and is going to chew through your charges easy. No charge, no dice.

1512/150000 = .01%
.01 x 10s = .1 sec
.1 x 1.9 = .19 sec freeze

You don't even freeze vs. a 0 resist target.

Now, as for the rest, you have butchered your damage. You are only running 3 purities and no Herald of Thunder (due to Aura nodes, even with Alphas). This means no auto-curse for faster clears, and no shock, which is 50% MORE damage you are missing out on.
Then, you run Ungils to replace Rats Nest and Maligaros. You have no Crit Mult from Mali's and are losing Crit Mult from Ungils.

The Flask nodes aren't for duration. They are for an additional 3 max res. You are [seemingly] not running Life Leech in your main links since you keep mentioning 3 spells. You are going to hate reflect.

Finally, you still won't have nearly enough Mana Regen.

You are going to spend a fortune in Regrets, man. I'm trying to help you out since I've already walked the road you are trying to take.
What is your optimal gem setup for atziri runs with a 6l volls? I am asking because the videos you posted seemed a bit different than the guide. Thanks Terror! :D
Last edited by atheyd on Feb 10, 2015, 9:44:15 AM
First of all, Very nice guide and build! Well written to the last detail! :)

I have a question tho.

On your stream you are running lowlife with alot more auras than explained in the guide. Can you post your gear on that character?

Thanks - Shakey
@Atheyd
Fireball, Arctic Breath/Freeze Pulse

Should be the same as the videos. Could you tell me where in the guide I wrote anything different? It could be a mistake.

@Kalle
You must've been watching someone else's stream. I haven't run low life in a long time!
i had a FIREBALL witch (boring) .. then i made a FP witch (weak) ..

so i deceided to build a Barrage coc witch .. i 5 linked my vols, put on my crit gear (sure my passive tree completely sux)

and ist fun as hell BUT

even with 6 powercharges up .. i just reach 54 crit on Barrage ..
so i have the Problem that sometimes i Need ~ 6 shots till it procs.

i dont understand how the fuk all the guys here can have 40%!!! more crit than me oO
(is this huge difference realy fron the passive nodes??)

my gear :

Spoiler

what have i missed?

edit: and why u should let Barrage under lv 5?
Last edited by rotheee on Feb 11, 2015, 6:52:27 AM
Several questions about leveling build, gearing and what to do:

Currently lvl 71 witch, i'm following the passiv skill tree linked in your post.

My items atm:
Spoiler

Plz noticed that i have a lot of gems into sockets just to level them, I only use the 5L chest for my dps skills, and others for clarity and any elemental resistance needed.

Currently act 3 merciless, i found it really difficult to go through story quest without dying. Bosses rape me easily despite having good resistances (apart chaos resistance -19%)

Also I think i'm not doing a lot of damage (3400 dps with freezing pulse without herald of ice)

When i go into low lvevel maps with other players, i'm almost doing no damage compare to them and I also die pretty easily.

I know I don't have the required stuff to go Barrage/coc yet because of lack of crit chance and accuracy.

As a new player of POE, I'm not very rich (~30c, 20fus, and many cheap currencies).

Please give me advices to build a better char. As mentionned in your post you said this buils is cheap but when I try to trade for voll's or rat nest all I see is multiple ex per item :/

Thx for help
Last edited by Dymaga on Feb 11, 2015, 7:32:51 AM
if playing this building on standard would it be possible in anyway to drop something and go for doomcast or its not worth it? maybe drop the blood drinker wheel, and just settle with hired killer life wheel?

btw what did you use with glacial cascade to level ? im using lifesprig with gc + added lightning dmg and thats it , tried adding faster casting but mana cost becomes too high ;/

also do you max discharge cwdt?
Last edited by idrgz on Feb 11, 2015, 11:11:45 AM
"
Dymaga wrote:
Several questions about leveling build, gearing and what to do:

Currently lvl 71 witch, i'm following the passiv skill tree linked in your post.
Currently act 3 merciless, i found it really difficult to go through story quest without dying. Bosses rape me easily despite having good resistances (apart chaos resistance -19%)

Also I think i'm not doing a lot of damage (3400 dps with freezing pulse without herald of ice)

When i go into low lvevel maps with other players, i'm almost doing no damage compare to them and I also die pretty easily.

I know I don't have the required stuff to go Barrage/coc yet because of lack of crit chance and accuracy.

As a new player of POE, I'm not very rich (~30c, 20fus, and many cheap currencies).

Please give me advices to build a better char. As mentionned in your post you said this buils is cheap but when I try to trade for voll's or rat nest all I see is multiple ex per item :/

Thx for help

This build is relatively cheap but it requires certain items--one being the Voll's Protector. The problem you are having is that you are trying to use this build (a Cast on Crit build) without using Cast on Crit. That will get progressively more difficult in higher levels as you simply will not have the necessary DPS.

For the most part, I wouldn't advise new players to start with a CoC build. These builds are much more technical and require a better understanding of how the game mechanics work. Instead, I would recommend they start with a more vanilla character--such as a freeze pulse witch. Right now, if you had followed a freeze pulse build, you probably wouldn't be having these issues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info