[2.0] Terror's "Shatter Chuck Lite" Variant •• Barrage CoC •• 280k+ DPS •• Atziri w/ 5-Link

@Rothee
Yes, the passive tree is that important. Also, your wand has low base crit, which isn't helping you either.

And we keep Barrage below 5 because anything higher increases the mana cost. We don't really do damage with our wand.

@Dymaga
Your resists may be fine, but you have no life on any of your gear. Your gems are also beyond FUBAR. You need to use something closer to what I have in the guide. Herald of Ice and Thunder are important for where you are; Herald of Thunder is more important since it will allow you to shock and auto-curse with Curse on Hit.
Support your Freezing Pulse with some combination of Echo/Faster Casting, Added Cold/Light, Life Leech, Cold Pen, and LMP/GMP. I prefer Glacial Cascade but you probably don't have one leveled.

You are doing no damage because you are competing as a tertiary leveling build against people's primary builds.

Get a Tabula Rasa and decent Crit Wand (find or make) and start trying to grab some health on your gear. Purchase a Voll's (non linked) for a Chaos or two and start rolling on it (6 Socket it, then start trying to 6L, stop on 5L's and use or sell.) Piety and Dom runs are your friend.

@idrgz
Doomcast is almost useless. 100% Spell Crit is nothing. The points are better spent on the Crit Mult wheel if you don't have it.

I leveled Glacial Cascade ○ Added Lightning ○ PCoC/Cold Pen. Under the leveling section I mention that Faster Casting makes the mana cost too high. :P

Yes, my CWDT ○ Discharge links were maxed. I've since switched to Righteous Fire ○ Vaal Molten Shell ○ Life Leech ○ Lightning Warp since I'm done leveling and tankier.
and for how long did you go with that? im at 50 and only 30% crit, thats with maligaros gloves and 2 diamond rings ~_~

btw for the guys talking about how expensive this build is, well if you dont have at least couple of ex to throw on vorici to get colors on voll and gloves and rats nest i would say dont even bother. Coloring items in this build is bonkers. For example i already threw around 400 chromes while trying to get 3g2b AND i still dont have it LOL, i already consider dropping this build before i even began playing it lmao
Last edited by idrgz on Feb 11, 2015, 4:45:47 PM
Am I wrong when I run the numbers on the build and end up with a max of 90ish barrage crit chance with an imbued wand? Unless my math is funky, which it could be.
"
VKpD wrote:
Am I wrong when I run the numbers on the build and end up with a max of 90ish barrage crit chance with an imbued wand? Unless my math is funky, which it could be.

no thats pretty much good for that, im currently running 90 chance to hit + 92 crit chance on barrage with 6 power charges, you can run that build pretty well with these stats :)
"
idrgz wrote:
and for how long did you go with that? im at 50 and only 30% crit, thats with maligaros gloves and 2 diamond rings ~_~

btw for the guys talking about how expensive this build is, well if you dont have at least couple of ex to throw on vorici to get colors on voll and gloves and rats nest i would say dont even bother. Coloring items in this build is bonkers. For example i already threw around 400 chromes while trying to get 3g2b AND i still dont have it LOL, i already consider dropping this build before i even began playing it lmao

You don't have to roll 3g2b. You can roll pretty much anything but 3g2r and 5g and still function amazingly. Or you could, you know, just get a Tabula instead for the time being since you are only on a 5L.
Hi,

I'm a little confused now.

Your build uses 2 curses, (CWDT)Enfeeble/Warlord's mark and (COH)Assasin's Mark/etc.
Can't there only be a single curse on an enemy? You make it clear we can't use the Enfeeble and Warlord's at the same time, but never mention the other curses.

Thank you.
Yes, Hardell, that is correct. The reason we can use two is because we really only need them in certain situations. Warlord's Mark will only apply when we are taking massive damage from reflect. Enfeeble is okay because it helps stop damage from ranged enemies or packets of damage. Both will slowly be overridden by Assassin's Mark from Herald of Thunder.

Basically, have a defensive curse that only applies when we need it, and an offensive curse for otherwise!
But if I'm using Warlord's Mark and I'm taking massive damage, won't the mark simply get cancelled by Assasin's Mark? Since Assasin's mark is linked to Curse on Hit, doesn't the Warlord's mark get overridden on the very next hit, resulting in barely any life leached?

Thank you
Going to try this with a Shadow - but it'd be great if there were some intermediate leveling trees shown. For Shadow there's a huge fork relatively early - one branch goes up to all the stuff North of Witch and one goes down to terminate in Unwavering Stance. That's in addition to the dozen sub-branches that splay out. Help.. :-)
@Hardell
Warlord's Mark casts in an AoE on the person to trigger CWDT. Its going to take a moment, assuming you are in range, to overrride all instances of WM with Assassin's Mark (on Herald of Thunder.)

@Visigoth
I'd probably go Witch first. Just keep in mind that you might need to dive for Vaal Pact. By dive I mean you are going to be spending a lot of travel nodes in a row to reach it. You don't need intermediate trees, get damage as you go and health when you need it. Its going to be different for each person based on gear so its hard to write trees for that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info